• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

Well, that was an interesting episode.

Average episode to me. Lots of plots in motion but not going anywhere and we've been Imp'less far to long.

I'll admit that I laughed a good bit at Theon's reaction to "a couple of bad years"

Whys everybody gotta keep stabbing the Starks in the soft underbellies??

It's a slow death, but not a good way to ensure death...thus she will live. Considering we saw what happens when you are left for dead without confirmation, cough...hound.

It's a slow death, but not a good way to ensure death...thus she will live. Considering we saw what happens when you are left for dead without confirmation, cough...hound.

The whole scenario is pretty far fetched and is either a plot device or bad writing. At the end of last episode we have Arya laying down to sleep with Needle. This episode we have her skipping around smiling, apparently forgetting that a coven of assassins are out to get her.

The whole scenario is pretty far fetched and is either a plot device or bad writing. At the end of last episode we have Arya laying down to sleep with Needle. This episode we have her skipping around smiling, apparently forgetting that a coven of assassins are out to get her.

Have to agree, the fact that she didn't see this coming (yet somehow did see it coming last episode) shows very little character growth by Arya. She should know better by now. It's disturbing that we've spent 4 seasons watch her learning and serving the many-faced god only to realize at her pinnacle moment that basically she learned nothing.

Irritating, though perhaps this plot device is a way to get out of having assassins sent after her if she survives.

The hound scenes were great.

I still hold to the fact that we're going to see a big battle for winterfell (ending in a Stark victory) and then the White Walkers will bust open the wall. There's going to be some bittersweet feelings at the end of this season. No Stark victory goes unpunished...

Ayra getting stabbed was seen a mile away, although initially, I had hopes that she would somehow put up a good fight and kill the other one. I guess it IS a good way, plot wise, to get the assassins out of her hair.

And is it just me or does there always seem to be a couple of episodes every season that kind of drag on. The last two EPs were kind of like that. Just enough to keep me interested but no "Wow!" factor.

But knowing that they are out of the way, I have high hopes for 8, 9, and 10.

I'm kind of bummed at how quickly Al Swearengen and the Dharma Initiative came and went.

Filler episode in my opinion...well, maybe not a "filler" episode, but one of those that is really just lead in to other future episodes. So not much happening here.

Benjen back was sort of surprising, though I never bought in that he was gone. As soon as there was a dark rider saving Bran I knew that's who it was. That could be fun to see develop. I'm not convinced that Arya is gone from the Many Faced Gods just yet. Waif is going to get destroyed by her, that's for certain, and maybe that's actually the final test or something. I don't know, but I don't see all this build up just disappearing like that. Plus, I think Jaqen really likes what she has to offer, he's just not showing it.

Daenery's gonna whip some ass though. That's fo' sho'.

Who was Benjen again? He looked familiar but I clearly wasn't paying enough attention to make a connection.

I'm kind of bummed at how quickly Al Swearengen and the Dharma Initiative came and went.

He will always be Swidge-in to me. Not sure I understood the point of the whole let's build a church and get butchered crowd. Did anyone think that the Hound actually turned a burned cheek to violence or needed an excuse to ax some people?

I am very interested in seeing if the Sparrow sees through the queens long-game con. I still generally like her and hope she fairs well.

Last edited:
Who was Benjen again? He looked familiar but I clearly wasn't paying enough attention to make a connection.

Season 1 episode 3, Benjin Stark is Ned's brother(?) and he came briefly on a mission to Winterfell to let them know that the white walkers were sighted. Of course at the time even the North didn't remember...

Ned sent him back and he had a nice heart to heart with Jon Snow about what it's like going to the wall. Then when Jon gets to the wall, uncle Benjin heads north on a mission to find the white walkers at Mormont's request.

That's the long play. So our very first scene ever (with the creepy girl with blue eyes) scarign the life out of some random rangers and killing all but one, that triggered the Benjin start stuff, the Jon Snow stuff, really everything happened from there. Even Ned's motivation in going south wasn't totally because he wanted power, but because he also needed to "warn them" of the White Walkers.

It's all connected!

He will always be Swidge-in to me. Not sure I understood the point of the whole let's build a church and get butchered crowd. Did anyone thing that the Hound actually turned a burned cheek to violence or needed an excuse to ax some people?

I am very interested in seeing if the Sparrow sees through the queens long-game con. I still generally like her and hope she fairs well.

The English word for the church builders and brothers with out banners is MacGuffin. The Hound didn't care about anything last we saw him, now he does. Plot moving forward.

I think The High Sparrow sees through Margie's game, he just can't do anything about it. They are both angling to control Tommen and through him the Seven Kingdoms.

Overall this season has been pretty average and even ridiculous stupid at others. We have an open rebellion in Dorne with the Sand Snakes killing pretty much everyone, yet we send Jamie off to Riverrun.

Which brings me to Jamie... At the point in the books his redemption arc is in full swing. Ceresi and he are on the outs and he deftly puts an end to various small battles. On the show he is floundering. I know the books and show are independent, but I think your really starting see the shows writers struggling with the deletions and changes they've made.

Also Arya didn't get stabbed she did the stabbing. The person you thought was Ayra was Jaquen using an Arya mask. The old woman/waif was actually Arya wearing those faces. Now Jaquen thinks the Waif is not loyal and the Real Arya quietly slips away

Also Arya didn't get stabbed she did the stabbing. The person you thought was Ayra was Jaquen using an Arya mask. The old woman/waif was actually Arya wearing those faces. Now Jaquen thinks the Waif is not loyal and the Real Arya quietly slips away

Sounds like Scooby Doo, where they pull multiple masks off to reveal the evil mastermind. ;)

The odd thing is that a trained assassin that has the drop on the target would just cut the throat ear to ear.

Unless, Waif wanted Arya to survive....

Sounds like Scooby Doo, where they pull multiple masks off to reveal the evil mastermind. ;)

The odd thing is that a trained assassin that has the drop on the target would just cut the throat ear to ear.

Was Waif a trained assassin who served the whim of the Faceless God?

She seemed to have a health dislike of Ayra and her last words to Jaquen were "you promised ME". Why would a trained assassin need to be reminded to make it quick?

I'm just throwing out some theories but after rewatching it there are two possibilities. 1.) Ayra wanted it to happen or 2.) Ayra wasn't really Arya. Nothing else really explains why she would be so careless and odd in her doings prior to the stabbing

Wouldn't Arya's face have to be part of the collection for them to be able to mimic her?

Wouldn't Arya's face have to be part of the collection for them to be able to mimic her?

That's a good question, but we know part of the answer... I think

And then there is this

BepkktF.jpg

Hmm... So what then, the other girl wore Arya's face? For what purpose? That seems strange doesn't it?

I feel robbed of seeing the waif die, so I'm not sure she actually did...it doesn't seem to fit the way things go as far as deaths on this show. And after all that, A girl is Arya Stark and I'm going home? I don't get it, what was all that craziness for? Why didn't she just leave like 8 episodes ago?

Good stuff for me though: How about the King sticking it to his mom dukes on the whole no more trial by combat? Her face was priceless. Thought that was fun. Not enough mother of dragons for me, I need my Dani fix....but the rest of the episode was enjoyable.