• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

gamelover2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless her. :D :p

I think she was confused sometimes b/c she yelled Gods name rather than mine :p

Anyway, sorry for the threadjacking.

I did love that girl :love: :love:

For the most part, I find Dave's post above to be well-reasoned and well-put. I do take exeption to the use of the pejorative "troll" to describe those of us who have discussed Steve's conduct on other boards.

I also take exception to this statement:

GL has done nothing wrong here.

The fact is that he has out-and-out lied on this very thread. To me, that's wrong. If you can't trust him to tell the truth, how can you trust him in other things?

We had a discussion here a few months back about whether people should sell cigars that had been gifted to them. There have been cases where people put a cigar on their "wish list" a generous CP member will send that person the cigar(s).

I personally feel it is wrong and kind of sleazy to then offer for sale cigars you received as a result of someone's generosity.

Cigars received as "bombs" I feel fall in a different category, my position is you are free to do with those as you see fit.

Quite a few months ago, it was brought to my attention that gamelover2004 had offered for sale cigars that BOTL's here had gifted him (again NOT bombs but GIFTS received) as a result of interest he expressed in wanting those particualr cigars which IMHO is not a nice thing to do.
The fact is that he has out-and-out lied on this very thread. To me, that's wrong. If you can't trust him to tell the truth, how can you trust him in other things?
If he can make a case to me WITHOUT LYING as to why I'm wrong, great but until then, I remain skeptical. And I'm warning ya Steve, don't lie about it because I'm already and pretty confident of the facts.

So ya got three choices:
1. Try to lie your way out of it and I will call you out on it (not rcommended)
2. Swallow hard, admit your mistake, offer an apology and a commitment that you will change your ways (highly recommended)
3. Do nothing (and watch what's left of your "reputation" here suffer)

From my understanding of reading other boards and related posts to GL (apparently, he's a hot topic around these BBs), the issue isn't that he doesn't send out his end, but rather what he's sending out. In regards to the ISOMs that this pertains to, this is a serious cause for concern. Many of these cigars come unbanded or rebanded, thus unless you trust who you're getting them from, there's almost NO way of determinng what you're getting is of legitimacy or not.

Perhaps he hasn't yet done anyone wrong on this board... or perhaps those who have been burned don't even know it. Nevertheless, without trust, you have nothing... especially in an online community where anonymity is only supplanted with trust. He may not yet be banned from here, but I doubt anyone is ever going to deal with him without a bit of a wary eye.

Your sense of fair play is admirable, Dave. I only hope you don't regret it. Not trying to troll here... just looking out for fellow BOTLs. As others have said, "Forewarned is forearmed." If you still choose to deal with him, you are doing so NOW with eyes wide open.

Well put oldrover
gboval.jpg
;)

I'm fairly confident that just about everyone here knows the difference between a "troll" and upstanding guys on other sites like Van55, oldrover, usmce5, etc.

Again, your input here is very much appreciated ;) :thumbs:

I am Shark. I smelled blood in the water so I had to go check it out! :p

Van55 said:
Van is right Steve, and you know it.

I would say, hang it up, you're done here. If you made past mistakes, own up to them and do better from that point on, you can survive, but lying about the mistakes...well, adds insult to injury. :angry:

And I stood by you, because I believe in second chances. But not for a liar :angry:

gamelover2004 said:
View Profile: gamelover2004
"CigarWise" said:
PostsTotal Posts: 0 (0.00 posts per day) 
Find all posts by gamelover2004
Find all threads started by gamelover2004

Referrals: 0
Sam I think everyone can see for them selves that you are quite wrong because I never posted at CigarWise :p
I hereby declare shenanigans on gamelover2004.....

Where's my broom?

GL you are a bald face liar :angry:

I totally disagree with the statement "he's done nothing wrong here"....... He's lied, he's been thrown off three other boards that we know of and all for relatively the same thing, and he adds nothing to the community other than mooching for cigars. ie Pay it forward, Wish List...etc Its not a matter of if he's done anything wrong yet......its when will he.

Dave, you may be able to justify those of us that have been following this thread to know what we should expect from GL but you are not doing any favors to new members that join in say a week or two from now.

As for those of you who continued to refer to those that came here to warn us trolls...... maybe if any of you "participated" (and I use that word lightly) in any other board but here you would have a clue. What they did was possibly save someone else from getting screwed. Because you didn't know who they were it somehow made them trolls? The desire to be a part of this community has certainly dwindled because of its inability (desire) to keep out liars, thieves, and mooches. The same people continue to support these losers until the wind changes directions.

Thanks goes out to all of you who came over here to give info on this guy.

Let me jump back in here. I can understand that some people would think we were trolls. Most of us that have shown up here post at more than one board.

Now with that in mind, we were seeing him do the same thing on multiple boards. And when we started looking around we found that he was posting at ever cigar board that was out there. And doing the same thing on ever one of them. Even boards like Torano and Cigar Bid.

And around this time his hen house ways started catching up with him, and he started being uninvited from some of the boards. And some of us started telling other people on other boards what this guy was doing. Sure he has some nice deals on what he sells. But for him it is about making money. Those smokes he sells have to come from some place. His bio at CW said it very well I think. He said he was always looking for a bargin so he could make a doller at grage sells. I think he just applied this to cigars allso.

And some of you did the right thing and went to other boards and checked out what you had been told by us. As far as I know nothing has been blown out of shape it is all cut and dryed what you have been told.

Now that you know the facts, the choices are yours, but at least you now know the fact.

And I think he would have to be a fool to do something stupid, now that he knows that he is being watched by a lot of people.

The trolls that are flaming him here are upstanding users from other boards - but not here

I guess according to your leadership I am a troll for having an opinion. Oh well

K7

kevin7 said:
I guess according to your leadership I am a troll for having an opinion. Oh well

K7
Uh Kev, bruddah, the guy that said that is a mod here not a leader. Matter a fact, we're all out of leaders, run 'em off on account of them being smarter that everybody else. Now, all that blather and him'n and hawin' about why the thread was shut down was just his way a sayin' OOOps.

NA

Dave's post was certainly reasonable yet misses an important point (unless I missed him not missing it :p )

Suppose we take it as fact that Gamelover is, for example, rebanding gars. Unless you're a real expert, are you completely sure you'd actually know that you've been weaseled?

His MO is to build up good trades, trader comments, and vouchers and then pull some crap. But I have to wonder how many of those people might've gotten weaseled but never knew.

In my mind, the definition of a troll includes an intention to piss people off with no other purpose than to piss people off. As lucasbuck, who is a friend of mine from CW, said... our only intention was to watch other BOTLs' backs.

Really those of you who do participate on more than one BB know that true BOTLs outnumber the scammers by many orders of magnitude. If a bunch of people came to one of the boards I spend most of my time on, I would immediately ask, as Dave did, are they all the same person. As soon as I found they were not, I'd be at least concerned.

Now if Gamelover really had turned over a new leaf, IMHO he would've gone about it in a completely different way than hopping from BB to BB and mainly just getting in PIFs and box passes, especially after getting banned from three now.

Oh by the way I am a member of several BBs, primarily hanging at Herfer's Paradise and Cigar Weekly. This looks like a cool board and I'm going to do some reading before I jump in here with both feet :)

I do have personal trading experience with Gamelover and his lies.

GL asked me to send him some gars I'd posted about at Cigar Weekly. I offered them to him gratis. He insisted on sending something back yet never followed through... It wasn't a scam but was enough to tell me I didn't want to trade with him again.

Then when the poop hit the fan with his actions and we warned the guys at Cigar Divan, he called me a troll for posting that one of their members had a cool avatar. When I confronted him about it at Cigar Bid he claimed he'd never made such a post and couldn't find it at CD.

Well this was because he'd gone whining to the mods (this is another of his MOs) about all the "trolls" outing him there and they deleted the thread. Other members had seen him make the post and quickly pointed out he was a liar.

Now I didn't get scammed but did find what kind of person GL is. I don't know if he's making money or just enjoys the thrill of getting away with things. But he does appear to love playing games.

Anyway I'll be hanging here more often if you guys will have me and hope to get to know you guys. :thumbs:

I hereby delcare myself a CP leader and officially declare Kevin7 NOT a troll ;) :p :D

Oh and aliphus, now you've totally screwed yourself here, saying you know lucasbuck :0 from CW, bad move :p :D

j/k as ANYONE here can tell ya, Craig is one of the best :thumbs: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.