• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Get a free cigar from my next box

SkyKing

Decisions, decisions, deezizzuuns. . .

In the last few months, I have sampled many fine cigars based on the direct and indirect recommendations of BOTLs here at CP. I'd like to start buying more cigars by the box or bundle, to establish a base for comparisons. I've smoked through my boxes of RP Renaissances (Good), Ortega series D (Very Good) and several JR bundles (Alt to Montecristo no 2 most recent - great value) and Consuegras (some very good). Maybe the best was the Arturo Fuente Sun Grown.

But after one round in the Newbie Trade and a couple of private trades, I can't make up my mind what to buy next? Padrons? Drew Estate Undercrowns? Saint Luis Rey Rothschild? More Ortegras? Any Arturo Fuente? Perhaps some more ISOMs?

So here is the deal. I'm going to ask you BOTLs here at CP to pick the next box that I will buy in August. I'll purchase the box of smokes that gets the most votes - no hemming or hawing, the majority wins. When I get the box, I'll send the first cigar out of that box to a CP member chosen randomly out of the pool that voted for the winning selection. Maybe Cabjaijuan will draw the straw out of the hat for me, if he is around. Othewise, you'll have to trust me.

The only hard and fast requirement is that the box or bundle cost $105.00 or less. (Not including shipping) and should contain at least ten cigars.

Other than that, I can tell you I generally like Churchill sizes but have smoked great cigars in all shapes and vitos. I generally prefer maduros over naturals. I like full over mild and voluminous smoke. No restrictions on sources - could be commercial or even a grab bag put together by a FOG.

Anyway, I like surprises and thought it would be fun to let you propose and choose the next box. In the case of a tie, I get to choose from the finalists.

I've been around for a little while, so I don't think I'm breaking any rules with this proposal. However, if Rod doesn't like it for any reason, then I will withdraw it, immediately, no questions asked.

Last qualified vote must be received by mid-night, Eastern Time, Tuesday, July 31st.

Look forward to your nominations.

With your price point, I suggest waiting until Keyston Raider's next thread announcing he's taking orders for Padron, email him for the list, and grabbing something from the Traditional line. Maybe Londres or Delicias.

Get a box of little monsters.. But be quick about it

With your price point, I suggest waiting until Keyston Raider's next thread announcing he's taking orders for Padron, email him for the list, and grabbing something from the Traditional line. Maybe Londres or Delicias.

Padron Panatelas

Padron Panatelas
Panatelas do not exist Joe. You must be confusing these for something else. Besides if they did exist..which they don't. They're terrible.

Get four opus a in coffins and cut them into thirds

Padron Panatelas
Panatelas do not exist Joe. You must be confusing these for something else. Besides if they did exist..which they don't. They're terrible.

Just stirring the pot Chief, just stirring the pot. We all know those are just fairy- tale gars that Nicaraguan mothers tell their kids stories about to keep them from being naughty.
Although, I think I saw a chupacabra smoking one once... it was either that or a very small bigfoot.

Padron Londres Maduros from Cigars Direct ($104.95) for a box of 26.

Padron exclusivos, #1s or any Padron, get ourself some 2000, nat & mad, let them sit for 2 years and they will as good as a #1 1926.

Now that I think about it, I think Jim does offer some of the higher end Padrons in 10ct boxes. They should be around your price point, too.

If Padron Panatelas existed, I would vote for them. But they don't. So I guess my vote is null.

Carry on. Nothing to see here.

If you have never tried it one of my hidden gems, I guess its not hidden anymore, Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf robbies. Under 80.00 bucks for a box of fifteen. try and keep this on the down low will ya

Lefty

or the LFD double ligero 452 nattie box of 20 under 90.00

Although I love Padron's X000 series, how about Arturo Fuente Double Chateau or Carlos Torano 1916 churchill or Joya de Nicaragua Antano churchill?

I got an email from niceashcigars, 25 of Camacho corojo toro's mad or nat, $93 a box. Have not had one but meets the price requirement and is a good brand.......I think its over today or in the next few days though.

Padron 2000 Maduro pm keystone he may have a box otherwise wait for his next order.

It will be next to impossible to get you a "Great" churchill size cigar for $105 a box. It would have to be pretty much a lucky find. I think Kristoff makes a very good churchill size stick, but there's that price point thing...Sorry. :whistling: