• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Put: Diesel Delirium     NOTE:  Revised
CI - $99.00/16
Holts - N/A
Smoke Inn - N/A
Average - $6.18

Take: #51  Padron Ambassador Maduro $5.06

Put: Drew Estates Undercrown

CI - $162.19/25
Holts - N/A
Smokin - $190.00/25
Average - $7.04

Take: #46 Jamie Garcia Reserva Esp. $6.23

Put: LFD Chapter One
CI - N/A
Holts - $93.95/10=$9.35
Smokin - $93.95/10=9.35
Average - $9.35

Take: #56 Tatuaje 7th Reserva $8.26

Yes, I only took three.  I did not have a sufficient quality stick to cover the other one I would have liked.

Pugman1943 said:
Put: Oliva Master Blend III Torp.
CI - $228.00/20
Holts - $228.00/20
Smoke Inn - $204.00
Average - $11.00

Take: #51  Padron Ambassador Maduro $5.06

Put: Drew Estates Undercrown

CI - $162.19/25
Holts - N/A
Smokin - $190.00/25
Average - $7.04

Take: #46 Jamie Garcia Reserva Esp. $6.23

Put: LFD Chapter One
CI - N/A
Holts - $93.95/10=$9.35
Smokin - $93.95/10=9.35
Average - $9.35

Take: #56 Tatuaje 7th Reserva $8.26

Yes, I only took three.  I did not have a sufficient quality stick to cover the other one I would have liked.

Ed, thanks for posting your P&Ts.

In your P&Ts, you can't PUT in a cigar that is that much more expensive than your TAKE. On the opening page, Brian posted the limits in values both ways....

"Any cigar worth less than $10 will be allowed a +/- 5% difference in value. Anything between $10 and $20 will be allowed a +/- of 7.5% on a trade. What I don't want is all your puts to be under. Remember, we're trying to get as close as we can regardless of them being within the parameters that I've set."

Go over the cigar list again and see if there are a few sticks that are closer in price. In this beginners Pass, we're trying to get back to the standards of Passes of the past where we keep the values consistent across the board. When the cigars are over-PUT...the value of the cigars keeps going up to the members downstream of you and may cause some them not to be able to participate.

Ed, if you don't mind, will you double check to make sure I noted my takes on the handwritten sheet? I remember writing then puts but don't remember if I crossed out the takes.

FINAL STATUS

Puts - None

Takes - None

I could not stay with the 5% put without exceeding it.

Shipped to MTovarez today and notified him.

I missed the Fed Ex guy by a couple of hours, but I should have the package tomorrow. Will update.

FYI tracking number 772789920226

ironpeddler said:

Thanks Gary.

So gentlemen, who has it?
I smoked it already! :p

:laugh: ...Well, sounds like Steve got it, so what the heck did Nick take? 

BTW, what did you think of it? That was from the 'Cigar of the Year' batch from 2008. Never quite understood what all the hoopla was about myself.  

I took the Casa Magna because of the obvious age and price match. I liked the OR at release but I also thought Cigar of the Year was ridiculous. It didn't age well, I thought. Smokable but lost complexity and flavor.

vortex said:

Thanks Gary.

So gentlemen, who has it?
I smoked it already! :p

:laugh: ...Well, sounds like Steve got it, so what the heck did Nick take? 

BTW, what did you think of it? That was from the 'Cigar of the Year' batch from 2008. Never quite understood what all the hoopla was about myself.  

I took the Casa Magna because of the obvious age and price match. I liked the OR at release but I also thought Cigar of the Year was ridiculous. It didn't age well, I thought. Smokable but lost complexity and flavor.

Sorry to hear that it never got any better Steve...but then again, I'm not surprised.
MTovarez said:
I missed the Fed Ex guy by a couple of hours, but I should have the package tomorrow. Will update.

FYI tracking number 772789920226

Thanks for the update Mike....keep us all posted. 

[SIZE=11pt]I have received the Pass! The humidity was high at 86%, so I took a few of the Boveda packs out and am monitoring the situation closely. It's quite likely the Houston humidity is to blame. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]After reviewing the cigars and the list I've come up with two discrepancies. Number 44 was not crossed off the handwritten list, but it was missing from the cigars, and reviewing the posts here led me to go ahead and cross it off.[/SIZE]

And the other problem is I cannot find number 63 the El Centurion Toro. I've checked all of the cigars, and there is not one unaccounted for.

I am willing to adjust my puts and takes to account for the missing cigar. Please advise.

Here are my proposed puts and takes:

P: Oliva V Double Robusto
SI - $139.95/24 = $5.83
Holt - $153.95/24 = $6.41
CI - $146.99/24 = $6.12
Average - $6.12 (±.31)

T: #59 La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especiale #1 - $6.09
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P: Oliva V Churchill Extra
SI - $177.95/24 = $7..41
Holt - $196.95/24 = $8.21
CI - $187.99/24 = $7.83
Average - $7.82 (±.39)

T: #36 AF WOAM - $7.60
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P:Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto 5'x50
SI - $161.95/20 = $8.10
CI - $166.50/20 = $8.33
Serious - $166.50/20 = $8.33
Average - $8.25 (±.41)

T: #56 Tatuaje 7th Reserva - $8.26

Finally, I have messaged kxthor911 asking if he is ready to receive the pass (once this gets cleared up). 

MTovarez said:
[SIZE=11pt]I have received the Pass! The humidity was high at 86%, so I took a few of the Boveda packs out and am monitoring the situation closely. It's quite likely the Houston humidity is to blame. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]After reviewing the cigars and the list I've come up with two discrepancies. Number 44 was not crossed off the handwritten list, but it was missing from the cigars, and reviewing the posts here led me to go ahead and cross it off.[/SIZE]

And the other problem is I cannot find number 63 the El Centurion Toro. I've checked all of the cigars, and there is not one unaccounted for.

I am willing to adjust my puts and takes to account for the missing cigar. Please advise.

Here are my proposed puts and takes:

P: Oliva V Double Robusto
SI - $139.95/24 = $5.83
Holt - $153.95/24 = $6.41
CI - $146.99/24 = $6.12
Average - $6.12 (±.31)

T: #59 La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especiale #1 - $6.09
P: Oliva V Churchill Extra
SI - $177.95/24 = $7..41
Holt - $196.95/24 = $8.21
CI - $187.99/24 = $7.83
Average - $7.82 (±.39)

T: #36 AF WOAM - $7.60
P:Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto 5'x50
SI - $161.95/20 = $8.10
CI - $166.50/20 = $8.33
Serious - $166.50/20 = $8.33
Average - $8.25 (±.41)

T: #56 Tatuaje 7th Reserva - $8.26

Finally, I have messaged kxthor911 asking if he is ready to receive the pass (once this gets cleared up). 

Nice job Mike! You're good to go with those.

As for #63, the El Centurion Toro...just cross it off the list. Brian & I will figure it out. 

Thanks for being part of our Pass!

I'm good to go Mike. Thanks for the message. My address is correct. I'm working eight days straight at the moment. My next day off will be Tuesday. If it's okay with everyone I'll recieve the box when it gets to me and ship out Tuesday.

Kxthor911 said:
I'm good to go Mike. Thanks for the message. My address is correct. I'm working eight days straight at the moment. My next day off will be Tuesday. If it's okay with everyone I'll receive the box when it gets to me and ship out Tuesday.

No problem Nick...take your time, enjoy the process, and do it right. Remember, this is supposed to be fun!!  :thumbs:

Also, please contact Chip (CParker) and make sure he's ready when you do decide to ship the package. 

The pass is on its way.

UPS:1Z85T94K0395011810

Thank you, gentlemen, for letting me be a part of this.

Got the pass today. Didn't have time to go through it yet. I am working tonight. I will go through it on the next couple of days and get it out Tuesday or Wednesday. Will be sending the next guy a pm now and seeing if he is ready to receive. Will post up puts and takes soon.

Pugman1943 said:
FINAL STATUS

Puts - None

Takes - None

Ed, after speaking with Brian the other day, I have to tell you, I'm more than a little disappointed that you didn't participate in this Pass....and it's been grinding on me all week. Quite honestly, you had many months to prepare for this as Brian started discussing it back in April of last year. He wrote out all the rules very clearly and even ran pricing exercises for over a month before he launched it...were you not paying attention? None of us is too old to learn, especially after you already committed to be part of the Pass and needed to understand how it works in order to make your PUTS & TAKES. All you had to do was to take a few moments to figure out what you had in your collection of cigars to see if you had a few sticks that were suitable. If you didn't, don't join the Pass. It's that simple...think it through before you jump in. 

I know you reached out to me via PM for help, but this isn't complex math and I shouldn't have to do it for you. If you wanted to run a few specific P&Ts by me that may have been close, it's my pleasure to help out. When I saw that you posted them, even though they were off a bit, I thought you finally figured it out and we were on the right track. Then you posted this. No apologies, just that you couldn't do it the way it was spelled out almost 10 months ago. It's now quite obvious that you and rules just don't get along here at CP. We can all make an occasional mistake, myself included....but this one I can't let slip by and we decided to take this public as a lesson to newer members that were thinking of joining a Pass in the future. They need to understand the level of commitment that comes with joining one. 

If you didn't have anything in your humidor to trade equally, why didn't you go out and buy a few cigars at a B&M so you could participate? Brian puts a lot of time & effort into putting one of these together, so the least you can do is take it seriously and follow through on your word. You've been here long enough to know how much we CP members value our commitments to one another...as is the case with the Secret Santa kids and the monitoring of trades & sales between one another. This is no different. You took up a spot that another member could have taken and that's not fair to the members Brian had to say no to.

Having had all this time to get ready and then not to participate is very frustrating to both Brian and myself. So at this point in your tenure here at CP, I think you may want to consider the fact that Cigar Passes, Secret Santa, and trades just aren't your thing because this is not the first time you've run into issues while trying to participate in one of them. Stick to commenting in the various forums and call it a day. 

OK so here at work tonight I'm on my phone looking at the cigar list. I would like to take the opus angel share (17.44). I would like to replace this with a viaje double edge sword 2. My questions are these - the original cigar that was taken for the angle share was a double edge sword. Was it the first or the second? Also only smoke Inn had the double edge sword 2 in Stock and the price comes to 18.62 a stick. I looked up the msrp of the cigar and that is 18.63 which is in the 7.5 percent range.

Please forgive any typos. I'm on my phone because we are not allowed Internet at work and I'm trying to be proactive with the pass to get it out Tuesday. Thanks guys.

Kxthor911 said:
OK so here at work tonight I'm on my phone looking at the cigar list. I would like to take the opus angel share (17.44). I would like to replace this with a viaje double edge sword 2. My questions are these - the original cigar that was taken for the angle share was a double edge sword. Was it the first or the second? Also only smoke Inn had the double edge sword 2 in Stock and the price comes to 18.62 a stick. I looked up the msrp of the cigar and that is 18.63 which is in the 7.5 percent range.

Please forgive any typos. I'm on my phone because we are not allowed Internet at work and I'm trying to be proactive with the pass to get it out Tuesday. Thanks guys.

I believe it was the first.

ironpeddler said:
FINAL STATUS
Puts - None
Takes - None

Ed, after speaking with Brian the other day, I have to tell you, I'm more than a little disappointed that you didn't participate in this Pass....and it's been grinding on me all week. Quite honestly, you had many months to prepare for this as Brian started discussing it back in April of last year. He wrote out all the rules very clearly and even ran pricing exercises for over a month before he launched it...were you not paying attention? None of us is too old to learn, especially after you already committed to be part of the Pass and needed to understand how it works in order to make your PUTS & TAKES. All you had to do was to take a few moments to figure out what you had in your collection of cigars to see if you had a few sticks that were suitable. If you didn't, don't join the Pass. It's that simple...think it through before you jump in. 

I know you reached out to me via PM for help, but this isn't complex math and I shouldn't have to do it for you. If you wanted to run a few specific P&Ts by me that may have been close, it's my pleasure to help out. When I saw that you posted them, even though they were off a bit, I thought you finally figured it out and we were on the right track. Then you posted this. No apologies, just that you couldn't do it the way it was spelled out almost 10 months ago. It's now quite obvious that you and rules just don't get along here at CP. We can all make an occasional mistake, myself included....but this one I can't let slip by and we decided to take this public as a lesson to newer members that were thinking of joining a Pass in the future. They need to understand the level of commitment that comes with joining one. 

If you didn't have anything in your humidor to trade equally, why didn't you go out and buy a few cigars at a B&M so you could participate? Brian puts a lot of time & effort into putting one of these together, so the least you can do is take it seriously and follow through on your word. You've been here long enough to know how much we CP members value our commitments to one another...as is the case with the Secret Santa kids and the monitoring of trades & sales between one another. This is no different. You took up a spot that another member could have taken and that's not fair to the members Brian had to say no to.

Having had all this time to get ready and then not to participate is very frustrating to both Brian and myself. So at this point in your tenure here at CP, I think you may want to consider the fact that Cigar Passes, Secret Santa, and trades just aren't your thing because this is not the first time you've run into issues while trying to participate in one of them. Stick to commenting in the various forums and call it a day.
First of all, I think the world of Brian and both you and specially he know that. Second, bringing up two past issue in this thread is bad form. My issue with SS was only in not finding the password. If you took the time to check you would find my "Kid" was overwhelmed with what I sent. The only thing screwed up was the thread.

Last, the pass is a two way street. I'm suppose to find something I want. There were a ton of inexpensive sticks in there. There was also the Angles Share, a nice Padron etc. that I would have taken but could not come within the 5%. I would have happily use two sticks such as WOAM is make the difference, or a UF a-13 or a Lost City. Adding more value was not an issue with me, but I was suppose to stay within the rules.

You mention taking up room of others who might have got into this pass but do not mention three folks who took up that same room and dropped out of the pass. At least I tried. Everything is not always going to be a 'hit' and I'm not going to take a stick I don't care for. As for the brothers I've traded with, you an find one that isn't happy, more than happy,,ask your pal Brian.

I might be old and slow, but I am very giving. What the future holds remains to be seen. The bright side, Xmas is ten months away so have time to lay in stock.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

whylieineedacigar said:

I believe it was the first.
So would this put and take be OK?