• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

fjldo said:

Great job on the contest Mike!

Looks like the pass is out for delivery today.  I'll go ahead and post my P/Ts.  I believe I have a correct list/price for the cigars in the pass, if not I'll adjust accordingly.  Please review and comment.  I'm still in the process of traveling home.  Thanks.

PUTS                                                                                  TAKES

1)  Asylym toro                                                                  Padron Ambassasor Maduro….$5.06
     Holt’s………….….$5.28                                 
     Serious Cigars…..$5.04                                                    Difference....... +0.14
     CI………………....$5.28
          Avg. Price….............$5.20

2)  Illusione hl Lancero                                                    Cabaiguan Imperiales…… $8.76    
     Smoke Inn……….$9.20
     CI………..……….$7.68                                                      Difference...... -0.02
     Serious Cigars….$9.35
          Avg. Price...........…..$8.74

3) Tatuaje Regios Reserva                      Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Toro……. $9.38
     Holt’s………….….$9.88....OK
     CI………………….$9.00...Check Price LINK                  Difference...... -0.09
     Serious Cigars.….$9.00...Check Price LINK
          Avg. Price…............$9.29

4)  LP T52 toro                                                                 Warped La Colmena No. 99…$13.04
     Holt’s…..……$12.51
     Smoke Inn….$12.29                                                           Difference....... -0.60
     CI……………$12.51
          Avg. Price.........…$12.44

5)  Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2                                  llusione Ultra #1…..$10.60
     Holt’s…………..$10.68
     Smoke Inn…....$10.72                                  Difference...... +0.11
     CI………….…..$10.72
          Avg. Price.......…..$10.71

*edited for formatting

Nice job Frank! Other than what I checked above, the rest look OK.

The Tat you mentioned is either a Regios (5 1/2 x 50) or a Reserva J21 (5x50)...when you priced it as a Reserva J21 from Holts, that's what I went by for the next two. CI calls it a Miami J21...Serious calls it a Classic Reserva J21. 

Just clarify those few and we'll be good.  :thumbs:

Ok.......Not sure why I listed the Tatuaje as the J21...doesn't exist in my humidor...it's actually the Nicaraguan Regios Reserva.  So here is the correct pricing:

Holt's......... $224.95/25 = $8.99...OK
     CI................$224.99/25 = $8.99...OK
     Serious......$244.95/25 = $8.99... :laugh:  LINK
     Avg. Price......$8.99

That comes to a -$0.39 difference.  If that's too much difference, I can trade out another cigar.  Thanks.

Frank

Serious has them at $224.95/25 as well....must have been a happy finger hitting those numbers keys.... :sign:  

Good job Frank...we're good to go brother. Thank you for playing!

How about posting a pic when you guys meet up?  :thumbs:

Gary,
Here is my first attempt. I had trouble finding pricing on some of my puts.
We will send some pics from our gathering tomorrow.

Thanks,
J

[SIZE=14pt]Put #1[/SIZE]
Tatuaje 10th Anni. Bell Encre Reserva(5.4”x48)
Smoke Inn      $11.00
Serious            $9.87

Avg. price $10.44

[SIZE=14pt]Take #1[/SIZE]
My Father #2 Belicoso
 Avg. price $9.96

Difference = + $0.48

[SIZE=14pt]Put #2[/SIZE]

La Palina Classic Robusto (5x52)
Smoke Inn      $6.75
Serious            $6.75

Avg. price       $6.75

[SIZE=14pt]Take #2[/SIZE]
Ortega Series D #12 natural
Avg. price $6.37

Difference = + $0.38

[SIZE=14pt]Put #3[/SIZE]

Ashton VSG Robusto (5.4 x 50)
CI        $9.67
Holts   $9.71
SI        $9.04

Avg. price = $9.47

[SIZE=14pt]Take #3[/SIZE]
My Uzi Weighs a Ton Churchill
Avg. price       $9.22

Difference = + $0.25

Capt J said:
Gary,
Here is my first attempt. I had trouble finding pricing on some of my puts.
We will send some pics from our gathering tomorrow.

Thanks,
J

[SIZE=14pt]Put #1[/SIZE]
Tatuaje 10th Anni. Bell Encre Reserva(5.4”x48)
Smoke Inn      $11.00
Serious            $9.87
Corona   $217.95/22....$9.91       

Avg. price $10.44 $10.26

[SIZE=14pt]Take #1[/SIZE]
My Father #2 Belicoso
 Avg. price $9.96

Difference = + $0.48 $0.30.....GOOD

[SIZE=14pt]Put #2[/SIZE]

La Palina Classic Robusto (5x52)
Smoke Inn      $6.75
Serious            $6.75
Cigar.com       $134.95/22...$6.75

Avg. price       $6.75

[SIZE=14pt]Take #2[/SIZE]
Ortega Series D #12 natural
Avg. price $6.37

Difference = + $0.38....GOOD

[SIZE=14pt]Put #3[/SIZE]

Ashton VSG Robusto (5.4 x 50)
CI        $9.67
Holts   $9.71
SI        $9.04

Avg. price = $9.47

[SIZE=14pt]Take #3[/SIZE]
My Uzi Weighs a Ton Churchill
Avg. price       $9.22

Difference = + $0.25....GOOD

I went outside the box on this one with two reputable vendors. Cigar.com is the sister company of CI and Corona is a great source as well.

Nice job Captain, you're good to go!....looking forward to tomorrow's pics! 

Well CaptJ and I met today at our local cigar lounge, Ligero, inspected the contents of the pass and completed our P/Ts.  As previously noted, the Centurion is AWOL.  All the cigars looked to be in order.  The hygrometer was reading 0 on the temp and humidity, but couldn't test to see if it was the battery.  It can be replaced before it gets sent back out or CaptJ can just send it along as is, your call Gary.

As promised, 2 pics from today's gathering.  First is me inspecting cigars and second is CaptJ and I.  Gary/Brian, it was fun to part a part of the pass and you guys were very patient with everyone.  I think all the participants did a great job. Thanks for putting this together.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12489]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12488]

Nice! I really am sorry that we couldn't get together for a personal hand off guys, but that day will come!

Brian,
Thanks to you for letting me play and learn.

When your work schedule settles down, say the word and we will get together.

Frank and I had a good day yesterday!

Thanks again for putting this together,
J

fjldo said:

Well CaptJ and I met today at our local cigar lounge, Ligero, inspected the contents of the pass and completed our P/Ts.  As previously noted, the Centurion is AWOL.  All the cigars looked to be in order.  The hygrometer was reading 0 on the temp and humidity, but couldn't test to see if it was the battery.  It can be replaced before it gets sent back out or CaptJ can just send it along as is, your call Gary.

As promised, 2 pics from today's gathering.  First is me inspecting cigars and second is CaptJ and I.  Gary/Brian, it was fun to part a part of the pass and you guys were very patient with everyone.  I think all the participants did a great job. Thanks for putting this together.

AWESOME pictures guys! THAT's what it's all about! Hangin' out, BSing, smoking a cigar.  :thumbs:  It's always cool to put a face to the names and this was a fitting way to end the Pass, two CP members smiling ear-to-ear, smoking a cigar.....BTW: That Captain guy is an old MF!  :laugh:

Just ship the box as-is, there won't be much humidity loss with that amount of volume...plus, that hygrometer was a little shaky in the beginning when the Pass first got to me .  

Guys, it was MY pleasure to co-host this Pass. Getting to know this group was an honor and the great interaction between us was really clicking. I'll never forget my first Pass here on CP, it was one of Jonesy's Newbie passes...and the guys that participated in that Pass back in 2008 made us like brothers to this day because we shared the experience as a group, like in a graduating class of school. It was nice to see how all of us rallied around Brian when he changed jobs.....we didn't skip a beat and supported each other in the process. 

So in closing, I'd like to thank Steve (vortex) for stepping up when we decided to pause the Pass over the Holidays by storing the cigars for over a month and of course Jonesy for letting me be his #2. 

Lee, Nick, Eickel!, Tom, Mike, Nick II, Chip, Theron, Frank, and the Captain....thank you all so much for playing! 

Beach_zpse7eewyqq.jpg

Gary,

Great picture of you too!

You look like an old MF as well :laugh: - Old Guys Rule!

Thanks again,
J

Thanks, Gary and Brian, for running this.

I now officially have wet feet! :p

Thanks everyone and especially Jonesy and ironpeddler. This was a lot of fun!!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks to Brian for setting this up and Gary helping as #2's #2.

I have been around a while, and, other than one years back that did not go so well,  never jumped in on one of these before. Hope to join another soon.

It helps to have had this opportunity to learn. Also, the contests were a nice add as well.

Nice way to end the pass and that looked like a good time in a nice lounge.

Gentlemen, lets do it again soon.

Best

Chip

Brian, thanks for starting this pass & getting it going.

Gary, thanks for helping Brian out & taking over while he was busy.

I enjoyed this & look forward to another pass in the future.

Thanks again fellas!

Theron

It was a blast guys, thanks for having me in on this one. Honestly it made me aware that there were a couple of other CigarPass folks not to far from me. Now next time I run to Houston I have someone else to meet up with. This was a very well run pass with a few rules, but sometimes rules are for the best. Since I have been around the cigar scene for a little while now I have really learned a thing or two. This is a very good group and I look forward to many more interactions between us. Have a great day bros and enjoy everyone.

Thanks to everyone that participated in this pass! Especially Brian and Grandpa Gary :laugh:. It was great to be a part of it.

Gentlemen, I received a  box yesterday that had some pass cigars in it and also a host bag from Gary that I wasn't expecting.. I really appreciate the gesture, it means a lot to me that you guys would do something like that when I was absent for half of the pass. I wish Gary would have kept it since he pretty much took over the pass, but hey, I'm not complaining! It was an honor to do this with y'all and to be able to get to know each of you a little better. I know I wasn't always in the picture, but I was always reading. Thanks again Gents!

Enjoy them and thank you to both you and Gary for hosting.

What about Gary? ;)

Thank you Brian for putting this together and thanks to Gary for bringing it in for a landing.

I learned a lot and had a great time!

Brian is the best when it comes to nurturing the new members. And because of that he deserves our respect and gratitude. He was the CP member that reached out to me when I joined in 2008 and welcomed me into the fold. Even though I have been smoking cigars much longer than him, and I am much older, I was always cognoscent of the pecking order of seniority within an online cigar community. But Brian paid that no mind and always treated me as one of the guys. For that I will always be grateful.

It was an honor to be his #2...and I saw no better way of ending this Pass. He surely deserves it. All I did was give back some of the generosity already shown to me.