• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

Well since it appears to be question time and this question may be ask by others, as far as rarity goes, what does it get you? From first post and links it is obivous that rare Put for a rare take is good as long as prices are equal. That being said said does "rarity" buy you any leeway on a Put for a more expensive Take, ie. an Opus Fuente Fuente for a La Aurora Tubo. La Aurora can readly be found on various on-line retailers for approx. 12.08 per tubo. The Fuente on the other hand has and MSRP of 9.50 (per CP), but can not be found for that price; with some retailers charging over 20.00 per. 20.00 dollars or more is incredible, but my question is does rarity equate to a 2.50 price difference.

My initial reaction from reading other threads and links in no, equal takes for equal puts with rarity being a side issue. In fact then, should rare cigars only be trade in passes for other rare cigars? As stated rarity is hard to define, because I have Opus X and expect to see more at local B&M before holidays, they are not that rare to me. That being said, WOAM and Padron 1926's (Padron's in generally for that matter) are HTF for me, yet I have the ability to purchase them (Padron's) from various on-line retailers without huge markups.

Was going to PM you Brain, but thought that maybe if I was asking so where others

Thanks,
Brandon

Would you like a spot in the pass?

I didn't think I qualified at this point since I just joined CP less than two months ago. However, if the pass host and current participants have no objection in having me participate then yes, I'd be honored to join in this pass.
The pass won't be starting until the middle of September so you are good there and as I am the judge, jury, and executioner around here, it's my say if you can join the pass....so welcome aboard!
Sweet...this is really shaping up to be a good one...some experienced Noobs in this Pass.

Great to have you Dan :thumbs:

Prize Pack for contest #1 is as follows:

Torpedo Time
1) Jose Seijas Torp
2) Alec Bradley Tempus Torp
3) Avo Domaine #40
4) Montecristo White #2
5) Padilla Edicion Especial 2006 (Obsidian)

Starting off slowly....the prize packs will get better each time. I will not be pm'ing anymore about the contests to follow as to keep your interest up in the pass after your turn is up.

Would you like a spot in the pass?

I didn't think I qualified at this point since I just joined CP less than two months ago. However, if the pass host and current participants have no objection in having me participate then yes, I'd be honored to join in this pass.

Danny is good people.

Welcome to the pass.

I've talked to Danny many times in chat, and he's a good guy. Glad to have you aboard.

I agree! Dan is the man :love:.

I have a question for you jonesy. Do culebra's count as a single cigar, or could a person, were they so inclined, take one of the sticks for a third of the value and use that as a put? Just wondering, thanks!

I've talked to Danny many times in chat, and he's a good guy. Glad to have you aboard.

I agree! Dan is the man :love:.

I have a question for you jonesy. Do culebra's count as a single cigar, or could a person, were they so inclined, take one of the sticks for a third of the value and use that as a put? Just wondering, thanks!

Do they make non ISOM culebras?

LFD, Illusione, and Drew Estate make NC culebras.

LFD actually has 3 different culebras.

Also davidoff has one, I just picked one up actually which is what made me think of the question(not that I'm particularly planning on using it as a put, I'm just curious heh).

Here's your answer with the addition of the Davidoff Special C that Yeahthatsme talked about. These count as a single trade. 99% of the fun of a Culebra is sitting with a couple of friends, unwinding one, then bs'ing and smoking the rest of the time. Not sure I'd want one of those sticks by itself though.

Here's your answer with the addition of the Davidoff Special C that Yeahthatsme talked about. These count as a single trade. 99% of the fun of a Culebra is sitting with a couple of friends, unwinding one, then bs'ing and smoking the rest of the time. Not sure I'd want one of those sticks by itself though.

Makes perfect sense to me, thanks jonesy :).

My 3000th post looks to be coming up shortly. The person guessing closest in date and time of that post gets a very nice fiver that I'll disclose after I get home from work.

Rules:
1) You must be a member of this pass
2) 1 guess per person
3) No edits
4) You've all been pm'ed about this contest so you have to have your guess in by Monday Aug 4th @ 6pm EST.

Good Luck!
At the current rate, it looks like Jonesy's 3,000th post will be coming sometime in September :laugh:

It's down to four participants....I think :rolleyes:

1) The Chartreuse Simian Primate

2) TournamentPlayersClub

3) MetalSeller

4) ChestVitolaEnthusiast

...it's a stretch, I'm just trying to make everyone think on a Friday :thumbs:

It's almost like Jonesy has been in post-whore rehab recently. :laugh:

Well, I'm sure what you guys did was go by my average posts per day to make your guess. What you should have done (since I haven't been posting nearly as much lately) is pull up my posts and get an average for the last 30 days or so. :whistling: . Guess I'll have to make the contests a tad simpler for you guys. :sign: :laugh:

Well, I'm sure what you guys did was go by my average posts per day to make your guess. What you should have done (since I haven't been posting nearly as much lately) is pull up my posts and get an average for the last 30 days or so. :whistling: . Guess I'll have to make the contests a tad simpler for you guys. :sign: :laugh:

Do we post a guess via pm or post it here?

Besr Regards
Don

Shoot, if I would have thought it out I would have posted a half a dozen questions, and then started insulting good 'ole Roy and his star player that you stole right out of my Mizzou Tigers back yard. I could have riled you up enough to get a good dozen posts out of you. :laugh:

What you should have done (since I haven't been posting nearly as much lately) is pull up my posts and get an average for the last 30 days or so. :whistling:

I thought that's what some of us did :blush:

....but then again, you were a posting MoFo within this thread for a short spell :laugh:

How can we blame you for enjoying the Summer weather with the family :thumbs:

I'm darker than a coffee bean from being at the beach the last 2 weeks :cool:

Besr Regards
Don
DownArrow-1.jpg

My 3000th post looks to be coming up shortly. The person guessing closest in date and time of that post gets a very nice fiver that I'll disclose after I get home from work.

Rules:
2) 1 guess per person
3) No edits
4) You've all been pm'ed about this contest so you have to have your guess in by Monday Aug 4th @ 6pm EST.

Good Luck!
Too late....no soup for you!

Besr Regards
Don
DownArrow-1.jpg

Rules:
2) 1 guess per person
3) No edits

Good Luck!
Too late....no soup for you!

Not a big deal I never got that pm. The only pm I got was to give my phone# and e-mail addy. Just double checked no other e-mails.

Best Regards
Don