• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

I believe it's the Corona Doble Danny. It measures 6x52

Thanks Jonesy.

Ok, after much internal debate and research on my part I have finally landed on my proposed T&P's.

I figure I'll post this now with 10 days to go before the pass starts so I have plenty of time to rethink this whole thing in case I'm totally off-base.

So here is my contribution to the cigar pass learning curve.

T: #6 Arturo Fuente Anejo 55 P: #51 Casa Fuente Corona Gorda

T: #28 Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto P: #52 Rocky Patel Fusion Churchill

T: #35 La Gloria Cubana Serie R maduro toro P: #53 Alec Bradley Trilogy Auth. Corojo Robusto

T: #40 Opus X Fuente Fuente P: # 54 Casa Fuente Robusto

T: #41 Opus X Perfecxion #5 P: #55 AF Hemingway Untold Story

Damn, I would give my left nut to take that CF Corona Gorda, Im sure I can find a great put for that.

Thanks Jonesy.

Ok, after much internal debate and research on my part I have finally landed on my proposed T&P's.

I figure I'll post this now with 10 days to go before the pass starts so I have plenty of time to rethink this whole thing in case I'm totally off-base.

T: #28 Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto P: #52 Rocky Patel Fusion Churchill

T: #35 La Gloria Cubana Serie R maduro toro P: #53 Alec Bradley Trilogy Auth. Corojo Robusto

Very nice puts Danny! I must say though, you're quite heavy on your end for a couple of those but I don't mind. :)

Even with my sick and twisted mind I can tell that Desert Rat is on top of his game. Nice selections! :thumbs:

Those are some fantastic puts. Now if I can figure a way to get myself in the top 3 so I can get my hands on one of those CF :love:

Best Regards
Don

After seeing danny's puts...i might as well receive the box, take pics for posterity, and send it back out on its way...lol. But its all about the experience, right? :)

Thanks Jonesy.

Very nice puts Danny! I must say though, you're quite heavy on your end for a couple of those but I don't mind. :)
Ya' think! :laugh: :laugh:

Very good job Dan...but don't let us stop you, keep going :thumbs:

After seeing danny's puts...i might as well receive the box, take pics for posterity, and send it back out on its way...lol. But its all about the experience, right? :)

But I was counting on some Grape White Owls coming my way. :laugh:

Thanks
Don

Thanks, Jonesy.

Since this is a learning pass after all, would you please explain the heavy ended part as you see it?

I probably approached this a bit differently than someone else might have and this was my thinking; I've never had an Opus or Anejo and can't get either one locally (meaning within 75 miles of home) so for me, those sticks are very HTF. When I was in Vegas the Opus were all retailing at CF and Davidoff for about $35+ a stick and the Anejo's were similarly priced. I picked up the Casa's for a little over $21.00 a stick while I was there a couple weeks ago and the UTS for $29.00.

I figured some people can get Opus fairly easily and at a reasonable price but can't get Casa's at all so I wanted to include some in the pass in exchange for the Opus/Anejo and I tossed in the UTS rather than a third Casa.

I tried to stay true to the equal put for equal take as much as possible but living in a remote area makes the concept of HTF and rarity all relative. As far as Cigarcyclopedia or other online sources I felt I kept true to the MSRP portion of the exchange.

What say ye all?

This is obviously coming from a noob, so take it as such, but I'm just wondering:

Aren't we supposed to be going for equal value and rarity for rarity? Not to attack Danny, but his puts(namely the CF's and Untold Story) are nearly double the value of his takes, and take some of the HTF sticks and replace them with very high value sticks that will be hard for us noobs to equal. I bring this up, of course, in the interest of discussion, I'm here to learn.

Thanks guys.

I'm getting ready to head to Winston-Salem for the day to visit my sister, when I gat back later today, I'll address this situation.

Brian

The answer to that is to take other sticks. Some of us noobs can put in higher end sticks which makes it a bit more interesting for all of us. I applaud the high end puts and I plan on doing so myself.

I figured some people can get Opus fairly easily and at a reasonable price but can't get Casa's at all so I wanted to include some in the pass in exchange for the Opus/Anejo and I tossed in the UTS rather than a third Casa.

Very nice thought, but I don't feel that I could take one of your Casa's with an Opus that I payed less for. The MSRP on the Robusto is about equal to that of an ESG or Davidoff Piramide and while part of me says that "they are your sticks do what you want" it strikes me as being outside the "spirit" of a pass. This is no way meant to be a personal attack and I appluad your willingness to share your Casa's.

The answer to that is to take other sticks. Some of us noobs can put in higher end sticks which makes it a bit more interesting for all of us. I applaud the high end puts and I plan on doing so myself.

Again I am tempted to say do what you want with your sticks, but everyone saw the line-up and agreed that it looked great. However, if half the people ahead of you "put" at over the value of the "take" the list skews more towards the higher-end. Some people might not have enough super premium cigars to make high end trades and in truth that's not what I signed up for. Again this in not meant to be a personel attack, I know full well the level of your generosity kind sir ;)

I couldn't rationalize taking a Casa or say a Tat Black that some one "put" for a $9 "take", by making my own $9 dollar "put". Do you see where I am coming from???

Again, these are just my thoughts only. #2 said he will post on this, but just wanted to share my thoughts.

Brandon

I couldn't rationalize taking a Casa or say a Tat Black that some one "put" for a $9 "take", by making my own $9 dollar "put". Do you see where I am coming from???

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps doing one upgrade is fine but doing multiple major upgrades causes some difficulty down the line? Since you are passing to me, I want to make sure you are happy!

;)

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps doing one upgrade is fine but doing multiple major upgrades causes some difficulty down the line? Since you are passing to me, I want to make sure you are happy!

;)

Sancho Panza DM and some Lil' Kings?????

Very nice thought, but I don't feel that I could take one of your Casa's with an Opus that I payed less for. The MSRP on the Robusto is about equal to that of an ESG or Davidoff Piramide and while part of me says that "they are your sticks do what you want" it strikes me as being outside the "spirit" of a pass. This is no way meant to be a personal attack and I appluad your willingness to share your Casa's.

Again I am tempted to say do what you want with your sticks, but everyone saw the line-up and agreed that it looked great. However, if half the people ahead of you "put" at over the value of the "take" the list skews more towards the higher-end. Some people might not have enough super premium cigars to make high end trades and in truth that's not what I signed up for. Again this in not meant to be a personel attack, I know full well the level of your generosity kind sir ;)

Again, these are just my thoughts only. #2 said he will post on this, but just wanted to share my thoughts.

Brandon

I have to agree with this. At this present time I only have 1 type of non CC that woul fit into this class. It will not be a problem as long as the pass does not get filled up with the ultra high end premiums.

Best Regards
Don