• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

I have tentative P's and T's as soon as Marco-Polo puts his down.

I know I am rushing it a bit, but Im excited.

I have tentative P's and T's as soon as Marco-Polo puts his down.

I know I am rushing it a bit, but Im excited.

Got my tentatives too, Brian. Now if you guys don't mess me up by taking the ones I have my eye on I'll be OK!

Then again, maybe I'll like your Puts better anyway.

Here are my tentatives:

1 T: Cabaiguan Guapo 46 Maduro (8.00), P: Padilla Achilles Salomon (8.00)
2 T: Hemingway Classic Maduro (6.80), P: Cohiba Robusto (6.80)
3 T: Ashton Aged Maduro #50 (6.76), P: 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6.75)
4 T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.56), P: Gurkha Master Select #4 (5.60)
ALTERNATE: T: AVO Domaine #40, P: Perdomo Reserve Sungrown E (6.00)
5 T: Hemingway Short Story (4.56), P: Camacho 1962 Perfecto (4.60)

and maybe these, if it's not raiding the pass too much...
6 T: CAO L'Anniversario Maduro Robusto (3.60), P: CAO MX2 Robusto (3.50)
7 T: Hemingway Signature Maduro (6.00), P: Placensia Reserva Organica Robusto (6.00)

Here are my tentatives:

7 T: Hemingway Signature Maduro (6.00), P: Placensia Reserva Organica Robusto (6.00)

Seem good at first glance.. Nice to see it doesn't effect my P/T's :)

Here are my tentatives:

OhhhKayyy...back to the drawing board! :whistling:

But I like some of those Puts!

Here are my tentatives:

#1, #2, #3 & #7 don't strike me as equal.

#1. The Cab. Maduro is not as easy/common as the Padilla.
#2. The Hemi maduros are definately HTF but the Cohiba is ordinary and available at discount, IMO.
#3 The Ashtons are not found at discount like the 5 Vegas which can be picked-up at $2.00 and less on C.I.
#7. The Hemi maduro is not as easy as the Plasencia, nor as cheap on the market if and when you can find the former. ( I have most of a box of the latter. Nice but not nearly equal IMO.)

I feel these #s need to be rethought.

Here are my tentatives:

#1, #2, #3 & #7 don't strike me as equal.

#1. The Cab. Maduro is not as easy/common as the Padilla.
#2. The Hemi maduros are definately HTF but the Cohiba is ordinary and available at discount, IMO.
#3 The Ashtons are not found at discount like the 5 Vegas which can be picked-up at $2.00 and less on C.I.
#7. The Hemi maduro is not as easy as the Plasencia, nor as cheap on the market if and when you can find the former. ( I have most of a box of the latter. Nice but not nearly equal IMO.)

I feel these #s need to be rethought.
Very nice Dave...you got to them before I had a chance to chime in. I wholeheartedly agree with handyman dave on his wisdom Marco although I don't place quite as much emphasis on #1, and #3 as the other two which are waaaaaaay out of whack.

Absent a comment from Jonesy, I think that throwing in arbitrary prices or discounts which aren't in the price ref is a little unkosher, Dave. Corrections as to what's HTF and what's not are entirely legit.

Here are my p/t's, edited to put a little more space between p's and t's.

1 T: Ashton Aged Maduro #50 (6.76), P: LFD Double Ligero Lancero (7.50)
2 T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.56), P: Placensia Reserva Organico (6.00)
3 T: Hemingway Short Story (4.56), P: Camacho 1962 Perfecto (4.60)
4 T: CAO L'Anniversario Maduro Robusto (3.60), P: CAO MX2 Robusto (3.50)
5 T: Ashton VSG Robusto (8.00), P: Montecristo Classic Toro (8.40)
6 T: Cohiba XV 749 (6.55), P: 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6.75)
7 T: La Aurora Preferidos #2 (6.80), P: Cohiba "Red Dot" Robusto (6.80)

EDIT: Saw Jonesy's post - agreed that HTF for non-HTF is out of whack. Is there a listing of what's HTF somewhere?

Absent a comment from Jonesy, I think that throwing in arbitrary prices or discounts which aren't in the price ref is a little unkosher, Dave. Corrections as to what's HTF and what's not are entirely legit.

Frankly, I think Dave's comment was well intentioned. I didn't see anything that was a dig at you personally in any way. In any event, Jonesy appears to have endorsed Dave's comments.

Where did the $6.80 come from for the La Aurora Preferidos #2? Aren't those a $10-$12 stick?

I think you're correct. I had the Preferidos priced out at $12 according to the CigarCyclopedia Comparison Shopper.

As I was the one who Put the La Aurora I'll chime in as well.

P: 113 - La Aurora 1495 Preferidos No. 2 ($11.98)...
:thumbs:

Cigarcyclopedia ref on La Aurora Preferidos No. 2, low price: $170 for box of 25 = 6.80

This is VERY different from the La Aurora 1495 Preferidos No. 2, which is $300 per box of 25, or 11.98

On page 1 of the thread, it's listed as a La Aurora Preferidos No. 2, not a La Aurora 1495 Preferidos No. 2

Cigarcyclopedia ref on La Aurora Preferidos No. 2, low price: $170 for box of 25 = 6.80

This is VERY different from the La Aurora 1495 Preferidos No. 2, which is $300 per box of 25, or 11.98

On page 1 of the thread, it's listed as a La Aurora Preferidos No. 2, not a La Aurora 1495 Preferidos No. 2
Which is what was put in. I made the mistake of leaving the 1495 off of the master list. So, before we all start getting into a pissing contest, let me finish my calculations on all of these P/T's since it seem like this is what I'll have to be doing from now on.

Here are my p/t's, edited to put a little more space between p's and t's.

1 T: Ashton Aged Maduro #50 (6.76), P: LFD Double Ligero Lancero (7.50)
2 T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.56), P: Placensia Reserva Organico (6.00)
3 T: Hemingway Short Story (4.56), P: Camacho 1962 Perfecto (4.60)
4 T: CAO L'Anniversario Maduro Robusto (3.60), P: CAO MX2 Robusto (3.50)
5 T: Ashton VSG Robusto (8.00), P: Montecristo Classic Toro (8.40)
6 T: Cohiba XV 749 (6.55), P: 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6.75)

EDIT: Saw Jonesy's post - agreed that HTF for non-HTF is out of whack. Is there a listing of what's HTF somewhere?
First of all, HTF is a semi release, limited edition, regional release, or other cigar that is not in everyday production. There is no such list, but as you mature in your cigar life, you'll know what they are. Now, onto the P/T's...I'd kinda like to know where exactly you got your prices from?

My prices are in red

1 T: Ashton Aged Maduro #50 (6.76) (7.99), P: LFD Double Ligero Lancero (7.50)
2 T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.56) (5.62), P: Placensia Reserva Organico (6.00) need to know which vitola
3 T: Hemingway Short Story (4.56) (4.60), P: Camacho 1962 Perfecto (4.60)
4 T: CAO L'Anniversario Maduro Robusto (3.60) (5.85), P: CAO MX2 Robusto (3.50) (4.01)
5 T: Ashton VSG Robusto (8.00) (9.27), P: Montecristo Classic Toro (8.40) (8.10)
6 T: Cohiba XV 749 (6.55) (10.28) , P: 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6.75)
7 T: La Aurora 1495 Preferidos #2 (6.80) (11.98), P: Cohiba "Red Dot" Robusto (6.80) (7.15)

So, as of right now, you have 1 trade that will work and maybe another once you tell me the vitola on the Placensia. We've been through this quite a few times already people....I want you using the Comparision shopper only. If there are more than 3 BOX prices, drop the high and low price, and then average out the rest and divide by the # of cigars in the box. If there are only 2 or 3 prices, average them out the same way without dropping any prices. If the Comparision Shopper doesn't list a price, then pm me your sources so I can check them out. I've made multiple posts about this and would appreciate it if you would try this on your own so I don't have to keep sounding redundant. This is an essential part of a newbie pass...finding out cigar prices.

I've been using "low box price" rather than "average box price" for each. My spreadsheet at home has sources for non-cigarcyclopedia cigars; I'll update the spreadsheet and reset prices this evening. In the meantime, please consider all p/t's pulled.

I didn't know there was a cheaper version of the various Preferidos. I'll have to check those out one of these days.

For the Comparision Shopper, if there are 3 or less prices for boxes, average the prices and then divide by the number of cigars in the box. For cigars that show 4 or more prices, drop the high and the low and average the rest and divide by # in the box. For cigars that don't show up in the C.S., do just like you did and try to find 3 online stores and do the same math as above. If you do have to do that with a cigar, then please pm me your sources so I can check them out also. For Padron, Opus, Anejo's, and Hemi's, we will strictly be going by MMM's MSRP guides and I will determine rarity if one isn't being traded for another. As far as Vitola's.net, we won't be using them at all (sorry Moki). I want everyone using the Comparison Shopper so were all on the same page with pricing.
For those of you that obviously missed this post earlier in the pass thread, here it is again. This is what we will go by....no questions asked!

Ok, I have checked everything and it looks fine.

One hitch, the #117, one of my proposed takes has already been taken!! (TGM, you lucky dog!) ;)

So, the Anejo #50 is no longer a put. The WOAM becomes #134 & the Padron 26 #6 is #135.

Also, the Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro, at 9" long, is really too big for the baggies, so I am placing it separately in the bottom of the box.

Everything seems well humidified and so, I will close things up again and it will go out on Friday.

Thanks again Brian for making this happen! I appreciate the great effort involved in doing one of these and I, for one, am grateful. :thumbs: