• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

Being a data head at heart, I changed the formula in excel to conform to Jonesy's ruling on average vs. low price (for the record IF(COUNTA >3, (SUM-MIN-MAX)/(COUNTA-2),SUM/COUNTA).

EVERYONE is welcome to my spreadsheet, which should be useful in this and any subsequent passes. Jonesy, please send me your email address and I will forward it to you; hyperlink sources for each non-cigarcyclopedia price value are included.

The following p/ts are proposed

1. T: Arturo Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87), P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32)
ALT 1 T: Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87), P: Cuesta-Rey Aristocrat (4.97)
2. T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.90), P: Plasencia Reserva Organica Robusto (6.00)
3. T: Diamond Crown Maximus #4 (11.41), P: Ashton VSG Enchantment (12.14)
4. T: Ashton Aged Maduro #50 (7.99), P: Montecristo Classic Toro (8.10)
5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (4.07) P: CAO MX2 Robusto (4.01)
6. T: Alec Bradley Trilogy Authentic Corojo Robusto (3.48), P: Vegas de Fonseca Sobrinos (3.63)

5 are overs, one is 6 cents under. I've tried to keep it close to avoid more ratcheting. Happy thanksgiving to all, and to all a good weekend.

Ok so since im on deck. I figure I post this now so I have plenty of time to modify this and everyone has time to input. Please be easy with the lashings :(

1. T: Tatuaje Verocu # 2 East Coast (#107) P: Tatuaje Sir Winston
2. T: Opus X Petite Lancero (#104) P: Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri
3. T: God of Fire Carlito Robusto '06 (#131) P: Partagas Limited Reserve Decades No. III '06 (Glass Tube)
4. T: Ashton ESG #21 Robusto (#14) P: Davidoff Millenium Robusto
5. T: A.F. Anejo 46 (#78) P: Cabiguan Guapo
6. T: God of Fire Carlito Double Robusto coffin (#85) P: Zino Platinum Barrel
7. T: Opus X Perfexcion #5 (#124) P: El Triunfador

Ok so since im on deck. I figure I post this now so I have plenty of time to modify this and everyone has time to input. Please be easy with the lashings :(

1. T: Tatuaje Verocu # 2 East Coast (#107) P: Tatuaje Sir Winston
2. T: Opus X Petite Lancero (#104) P: Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri
3. T: God of Fire Carlito Robusto '06 (#131) P: Partagas Limited Reserve Decades No. III '06 (Glass Tube)
4. T: Ashton ESG #21 Robusto (#14) P: Davidoff Millenium Robusto
5. T: A.F. Anejo 46 (#78) P: Cabiguan Guapo
6. T: God of Fire Carlito Double Robusto coffin (#85) P: Zino Platinum Barrel
7. T: Opus X Perfexcion #5 (#124) P: El Triunfador

Here's the take on this one and I still need to get back to Marco's put.
1- yes, but list it as a Tat Reserva SW so it doesn't confuse anyone....I've never heard of the Sir Winston either.

2 - not close

3 - I'm pretty tempted to squash this one also

4 - pretty far aff also

5- not close

6 - good

7 - not close

All of the one's that aren't close is that you didn't follow the guideline on HTF, rare, or limited release. We've been over this one countless times. It has to be a low production, high end cigar, or a like cigar to trade for Opus, Anejo, and Hemi Maduros. Let me finish with Marco's P/T's before you resubmit yours.

I've got to go in and fix a few things on the master list....I'll have it fixed in the am.

Being a data head at heart, I changed the formula in excel to conform to Jonesy's ruling on average vs. low price (for the record IF(COUNTA >3, (SUM-MIN-MAX)/(COUNTA-2),SUM/COUNTA).

EVERYONE is welcome to my spreadsheet, which should be useful in this and any subsequent passes. Jonesy, please send me your email address and I will forward it to you; hyperlink sources for each non-cigarcyclopedia price value are included.

The following p/ts are proposed

1. T: Arturo Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87), P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32)
ALT 1 T: Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87), P: Cuesta-Rey Aristocrat (4.97)
5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (4.07) P: CAO MX2 Robusto (4.01)
6. T: Alec Bradley Trilogy Authentic Corojo Robusto (3.48), P: Vegas de Fonseca Sobrinos (3.63)

5 are overs, one is 6 cents under. I've tried to keep it close to avoid more ratcheting. Happy thanksgiving to all, and to all a good weekend.

My e-mail is panthers55@bellsouth.net. Thanks for taking the time to make this spreadsheet out as it should make it easier to tally up. On to the P/T's....I'll have my calculated prices in red
1. T: Arturo Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87) $4.60 (Hemi price), P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32) is this mad or nat because it makes a difference in price $4.75 nat, $4.92 maduro
2. T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.90) $5.90, P: Plasencia Reserva Organica Robusto (6.00)$6.00 if there is only one price in the comparision shopper, you need to find 2 more via the internet and post them also so we can get a good price.
3. T: Diamond Crown Maximus #4 (11.41) $11.41, P: Ashton VSG Enchantment (12.14) $12.14 need multiple prices also
4. T: Ashton Aged Maduro #50 (7.99) $7.99, P: Montecristo Classic Toro (8.10) $8.10
5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (4.07) $5.08 you've got me stumped on how you figured this price out...I'll show you my calc below P: CAO MX2 Robusto (4.01) $4.01
6. T: Alec Bradley Trilogy Authentic Corojo Robusto (3.48) need your prices and sources on this one, P: Vegas de Fonseca Sobrinos (3.63) $3.63

Calc for the CAO
Box prices:
$89.00 throw out
$89.99
$97.95
$98
$100.80
$107
$108.95
$108.95
$117.30 throw out

total=$711.64 / 7 boxes = $101.66 / 20 cigars per box =$5.08

So, you're good on trade #4, I just need more info on trades 1, 2, 3, 6, and #5 needs to be re-done completely.
-edited to say I think you divided the box price out with 25 cigars instead of 20 giving you the price of $4.07

Now Bully, You may need to wait until Marco gets done with his P/T's because I didn't have the master list completely updated with handyman dave's P/T's, so you were taking a couple that were already gone...I apologize for falling a little behind on that....but we're good to go now....I hope! :laugh:

P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32) is this mad or nat because it makes a difference in price $4.75 nat, $4.92 maduro

There's only one master select made in this size, and it has a H2000 wrapper. The Robusto #4 is actually the 6x52 toro, not the 5x50 nat/mad robusto.

2. T: AVO Domaine #40 (5.90) $5.90, P: Plasencia Reserva Organica Robusto (6.00)$6.00 if there is only one price in the comparision shopper, you need to find 2 more via the internet and post them also so we can get a good price.

There's only one US price available, Famous, but I was also able to find some international ones when researching. I don't believe that they apply (since they're under a different pricing and tax regimen).

3. T: Diamond Crown Maximus #4 (11.41) $11.41, P: Ashton VSG Enchantment (12.14) $12.14 need multiple prices also

Did additional research over and above cigarcyclopedia, the price only moved five cents.

5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (4.07) $5.08 you've got me stumped on how you figured this price out...I'll show you my calc below P: CAO MX2 Robusto (4.01)

Aha - you have a box of 20 down, I have a box of 25. It's a box of 20. Scratch that trade, I'll replace it shortly.

P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32) is this mad or nat because it makes a difference in price $4.75 nat, $4.92 maduro

There's only one master select made in this size, and it has a H2000 wrapper. The Robusto #4 is actually the 6x52 toro, not the 5x50 nat/mad robusto.

There's only one US price available, Famous, but I was also able to find some international ones when researching. I don't believe that they apply (since they're under a different pricing and tax regimen).

Did additional research over and above cigarcyclopedia, the price only moved five cents.

5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (4.07) $5.08 you've got me stumped on how you figured this price out...I'll show you my calc below P: CAO MX2 Robusto (4.01)

Aha - you have a box of 20 down, I have a box of 25. It's a box of 20. Scratch that trade, I'll replace it shortly.
1-ok, I was going by what you had down as the Gurkha M.S. robusto....thus my pricing
2-ok also, I just want you guys to list your sources when there is only one price reference in the C.S, if there are no more pricing sources to be found, let me know!
3-same as above, if they are out there, list them! Don't just tell me the difference!
4-on the same page now

Carry on!

All in the spreadsheet - the non-cigarcyclopedia values are hyperlinked to their sources. If you have a list of "preferred sources" kicking around somewhere, I might even be able to do it programmatically.

All in the spreadsheet - the non-cigarcyclopedia values are hyperlinked to their sources. If you have a list of "preferred sources" kicking around somewhere, I might even be able to do it programmatically.
This is fine, I just wanted the others to have access and actually "see" where you got your info for pricing from...this serves dual purposes also because if someone else can't find a price for a certain cigar, they might use your source also. I don't have preferred sources so to speak so what you used should be fine, just please post them with the pricing for all to see. Thanks!

All of the one's that aren't close is that you didn't follow the guideline on HTF, rare, or limited release. We've been over this one countless times. It has to be a low production, high end cigar, or a like cigar to trade for Opus, Anejo, and Hemi Maduros. Let me finish with Marco's P/T's before you resubmit yours.
I'd like to apologize to Brian for this post. After rereading it, I look like an ass throttling him over the Opus trades....I was not trying to single him out with the statement above, but making a general statement to ALL because of the numerous discussions we've had on the subject. This is the reason why I've asked all of you (even though it can be hard as hell) to keep up with the pass in its entirety whether you're done or 15 people away because you can miss out on valuable info.

Where do we stand with this right now Marco? This thing should be back on the road by now since you've had it since Saturday! Please amend your puts like you said you would so this can ship on to the next person in line.

I've been on the road since Monday - apologies for not getting things squared up as promised.

Final selection, with a little selection shuffle

1. T: Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87), P: Cuesta-Rey Aristocrat (4.97)
5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (5.08), P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32)

Non-CP sources (mostly acquired from google/google shopper) in the spreadsheet include

www.jackschwartz.com
www.newhavanacigars.com
www.seriouscigars.com
www.towercigars.com
www.texcigars.com
www.famous-smoke.com
www.cigarsinternational.com
www.silocigars.com
www.showmeyourash.com
www.tinderbox.com
www.cheapercigars.com

I've been on the road since Monday - apologies for not getting things squared up as promised.

Final selection, with a little selection shuffle

1. T: Fuente Short Story Natural (4.87), P: Cuesta-Rey Aristocrat (4.97)
5. T: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (5.08), P: Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4 (5.32)

Non-CP sources (mostly acquired from google/google shopper) in the spreadsheet include

www.jackschwartz.com
www.newhavanacigars.com
www.seriouscigars.com
www.towercigars.com
www.texcigars.com
www.famous-smoke.com
www.cigarsinternational.com
www.silocigars.com
www.showmeyourash.com
www.tinderbox.com
www.cheapercigars.com

Not a problem Marco, I just need to know if there will be any delays. Your P/T's all look good to me! Please number your puts and takes so I can properly adjust the master list.
Thanks!

Puts are already packaged up - was waiting for your approval to pull out takes. I'll try to schedule a pickup tomorrow AM with USPS, together with my Secret Satan package.

Puts are already packaged up - was waiting for your approval to pull out takes. I'll try to schedule a pickup tomorrow AM with USPS, together with my Secret Satan package.
Approved them in my previous post. Please number the P/T's appropriately so I know what is what.