• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going golfing.....

Toaster said:
I don't think it matters how good you are, to enjoy the game. Whats important is how you play and with who you play. If you go out there and expect to shoot in the 80's (for example) and turn the corner with a 50 and get all upset- you're not going to enjoy it.
Boy, did you ever hit it on the head there Toaster. That's what my problem was. See, I wasn't a bad golfer...but I wasn't consistent either. If I could have gone out and consistently shot 90's I'd probably still be playing. But sometimes I'd shoot an 82 and sometimes I'd shoot a 102.

That's what drove me nuts. Strange thing is, I'm really not a competitive person or a hot head. But that game man, it turned me into an animal. In fact, the last time I played was w/ my mother. After 18 holes of misery and one 9 iron wrapped around a tree she lightly questioned "have you thought about not golfing?"

That was it. Haven't played since that day. See, my mother is an amazing golfer and generally wins the female member/member and occasionally the member/guest at our local club. I felt a lot of pressure from her to golf. Once she gave the OK on quitting everything was OK :)

You guys are putting way to much emphasis on your score. Go out there to recharge your batteries get away from the doldrums of the cubicle or office. Grab a couple of cigars and head for the course i don't care if you shoot 79 or 155 its one place no one complains if your drinking and smoking at the same time.

If it was your professional callin and you were shooting in the 80s I would say you have a problem and need to find a new job, but most of us are recreational at best and don't have a lot of time to spend on their game.

Just remember golf is the one game that the more you know the more frustrated you will get!

Mike I hope you had a great day and enjoyed the company of your boss and guest. I encourage you to continue to get out there if you get a chance. Just remember you'll probably never be Arnold Palmer or Jack Nickalaus or for you young bucks Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson.

Tony if you ever want to use those sticks with someone else other than your father-in-law just let me know. We'll have a grand time on the course ;)

BenjieV :D

Roseysman said:
I play at least once a month during summer, that windmill hazard is tuff
LMAO @ Roseysman!!

Those are the only types of courses I can handle :D

I try to play at least once a week. Still trying to get my score under 100. :angry:

It's two or three shots a round that keep me playing.

Nothing better than the cigars, beer, and good friends having fun on any golf course.

Paul

Try to remember that the avarage golfer shoots in the high 90's. If you make in down into the 80's you're doing very well. Like any game the object is to have fun, if you're not, don't play. :p