• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going golfing.....

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
Well I will be heading up to Cromwell, CT to play at TPC @ River Highlands. This will be my 4th time out to a golf course. We have a foursome of my boss, myself and 2 guys from one of our vendors. Our tee time is 12pm. We will be following the round with dinner (not sure where). I have packed the small cigar caddy with some smokes. Weather is supposed to be 84 and sunny :) A bad day of golf beats a good day in the office :thumbs:

I am absolutely horrendous and the groundskeeper is going to have a hard time getting the course back in shape for the Buick Championship on Aug. 26th :p

Wish me luck and let's see if I can break 150 or so :0

I hate that damn game :angry: Hate it more than anything. In fact, my father-in-law just bought me a nice cigar cutter w/ clubs and a ball on it and I'll never use it on principal...unless he insists.

Throw a club or two in honor of me. In fact, throw the whole damn bag in the drink.

Good luck and have fun.

:sign:

I have tried to play golf a few times and I can barely hit the ball. At 150, you'd kick my butt :p

Thanks for the warning that you'll be in CT tomorrow, I'll stay clear of Route 91 :sign:

again fellas, I am no golfer by any stretch of the imagination. However, it does get me out of the office for the day :D

Fast4Dr said:
again fellas, I am no golfer by any stretch of the imagination. However, it does get me out of the office for the day :D
Amen to getting out of the office for the day ;)

I wish I could think of a good restaurant for ya that's not too far away.

Nothing better than skipping out of work for a day on the links. My opinion of the three TPC courses that I've played is that they aren't too bad for a newbie. Do yourself a favor and take some lessons, you will enjoy the game much more. :)

Skip work to play golf? WHO CARES IF YOU SUCK?! :D Golf is a great game... frustrating as hell but fun. Enjoy the weather, cigars, company, and maybe some golf. :)

I play golf a lot
not well just a lot :D
mostly I like the time to hang with some friends
have a stick or two and relax :p

Bill

I play golf an the average of 1 or 2 times a year , I would love to play more but cant seem to find the time anymore

The last time out my score was 32

but that was on the first two holes :( :sign: :sign: :sign:

Golf and smokes what a great combo. Have a great time :D

I used to play all the time, then my regular golfing buddies just kinda up and stopped playing ??? (or maybe they just stopped calling me!? :angry: )

I never got very good, I was always a 100+ player (usually in the 115'ish range), but its been well over a year since I've played- maybe even 2 years :0 So I'm back to square one.

How's that saying go: Golf is a nice walk spoiled! :p (though at my weight I'd never walk the couse unless I wanted to DIE!)

I used to play any chance I could.

We had a standing tee time on Sunday @ 6:47 am.

I was able to get my score down to the mid to 80's.

Haven't picked up a club since I moved to Florida, 6 years now. :(

Yes, I did bring my clubs and still do have them. ;)

My nephew, who lives in NM and is 16, plays the game and is pretty good. The older guys on the course all know him and are always asking him to join them if they need a fourth. He plays in a lot of tournaments and is always up in the top 5.

I just keep telling him to remember me when he is on the pro circuit. :sign:

I love the game and try to play at leasty once a week but I have never broken 100 and probobly won't for a long time. Take a lesson or two it will help.

gregor22 said:
Nothing better than skipping out of work for a day on the links. My opinion of the three TPC courses that I've played is that they aren't too bad for a newbie. Do yourself a favor and take some lessons, you will enjoy the game much more. :)
done that and still suck ???

i played alot last year, best score was a 80, if you suck get get drunk and drive the golf carts all over the place(first time playing did that) :D and you wont care about score

Hey Mike, good luck today. One suggestion, use your 5 or 7 iron on almost every shot. Forget the rest. It'll make it a little easier on you I promise.

I'm actually gofling today too. Couple of cigars, nice round of golf. Should be a good day.

actually golfing is kinda what got me intrested in cigars. i played alot when i was a kid and that smell of cheap macanudo cigar smoke from the elders was always kinda hypnotic. 'til this day, every time i smell cigar smoke it reminds me of being out on the course and not having another care in the world.

if your good enough at golf to actually enjoy it...there's nothing better than playing hooky on a weekday, heading out to the course and puffing on a churchill for four hours.

I play a fair amount of golf. I believe the real triple crown is golf, cigars and beer. :p

I play as often as time allows, but it helps to have a buddy that runs the course. I get to play for $6.00 whenever I want to, and if I walk its free. I usually play 6-8 times per month from March to October, then 2-3 times the other months. I generally shoot between 77 and 84. Ive broken 75 a couple times.
It really doesnt matter how good you are when you get to leave work to play golf, especially if the boss is paying!
Bryan :thumbs:

I don't think it matters how good you are, to enjoy the game. Whats important is how you play and with who you play. If you go out there and expect to shoot in the 80's (for example) and turn the corner with a 50 and get all upset- you're not going to enjoy it.

Relax and enjoy the time outside away from the world, that's whats good and nice about golf. I broke 100 once, shot a 99. Only did it once :) Admittedly I had a great time that day.

Good advice: Drink and don't worry about playing. If you're not a good golfer and you know it- Smoke a cigar or two, have a few drinks and forget trying to impress anyone. Everyone sucked at one time or another- so its no big deal.

:thumbs: Toaster