• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got my store finally!

Great Job Sam! I will be toasting you tonight, and toasting George as well!

Congrats,
John V.

Are you joking about the $700K?? I hope atleast they're paying ya well and congrats! :thumbs:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
That's great news sam!! I recently bought one of those RS digital scanners here in Richmond. If you are having issues with folks bring them back for the CPU upgrade, let me know....I'll point you to a knowledgeable internet board for info...
Feel free to PM me that link Leebo - can always use something like that book marked just in case ;)

Thanks!

Sam

psyktek said:
Seriously, stay on the light side and have fun (and profit; you do get a cut don't ya?) :D
:lookup:

:0

:p

:sign:

:love:

Sam

P.S. Translation: Yes - not a big one :( but a nice little piece of the pie if my profit turn is up enough ;)

cvmfour said:
Are you joking about the $700K?? I hope atleast they're paying ya well and congrats! :thumbs:

I had to re-read my post and saw the error... Have to forgive me, I was tired... What it should of said was that store was good for about $700K annually... My salary is quite a bit under that - plus of course a portion of the profits made on positive sales turn ;)

I hope ya'll still think congrats :p :sign:

Sam

Congratulations Sam.

Your store (well, not YOUR store. It was the Tuscaloosa store) got me through my undergrad. They used to stock resistors, capacitors, etc, and a bunch of ICs. I was sitting in class one day in an EE 101 for Dummies type course, and the professor drew a circuit on the board and I thought it was too incredible to believe without proof. So, I drove to the RS store and bought a bunch of components, a breadboard, and a power supply. Ever since that day, it has been my passion. RS no longer stocks those items (you can still buy them for their website), but I've always had a fondness for the company because of how invaluable it was to me at the time.

It's great to hear about your promotion. :thumbs:

Incidentally, the circuit didn't appear to work! I asked my professor about it the next day and he said that he was "assuming" ideal wires and my actual wires had resistance! :angry:

Congrats Sam! So when did RS get into sellin' S&M stuff? :p

"...and the shrinkage down to a minimum. Good Luck!! ...

M. Gipson "

Sam...Congrats, Brother! :D Didn't realize you were havin' a shrinkage problem though!! LMAO!!

Way to go Brother!

Floyd T. :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
"...and the shrinkage down to a minimum. Good Luck!! ...

M. Gipson "

Sam...Congrats, Brother! :D Didn't realize you were havin' a shrinkage problem though!! LMAO!!

Way to go Brother!

Floyd T. :sign:
Yeah, ever since Rod decided to minimilize my Avatar. :angry: Been an on-going issue.

Sam

SamGuss said:
JOE.M. said:
Congrats Sam! So when did RS get into sellin' S&M stuff? :p
Advertisement

Just trust me, you want to get one for your wife... it has a couple other uses not defined here. :p

Sam
And what is the CP members price? :p

Congrats, Sam! Nothing like having your own store. Yeah, the responsibility that comes along with it is huge, but the payoff is bigger! Do it through your people, and your success, will breed their success. I just finished my visit with our Division President yesterday and what a feeling to ACE it. Now my DM wants me to work with the other Store Directors in town to get them to the same place I'm at, not bad for a rookie store manager.

Gregor

Very cool, Sam. Now maybe added power/responsibility also brings on another stepup in personal living experience as well.

However, I'm still going to give Melly a lot of the credit just for keeping you in there to get this far ;)

gregor22 said:
Congrats, Sam! Nothing like having your own store. Yeah, the responsibility that comes along with it is huge, but the payoff is bigger! Do it through your people, and your success, will breed their success. I just finished my visit with our Division President yesterday and what a feeling to ACE it. Now my DM wants me to work with the other Store Directors in town to get them to the same place I'm at, not bad for a rookie store manager.

Gregor
Very awesome bud! I know how you feel - there is a lot of hyped up expectation for me as well even as a rookie manager, but a lot of faith out there from my DM, senior managers and mentoring managers and I am confident I will live up to it.

Sam