• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got the axe today

Dickson

"I am done - pay the bills and get me a cigar."
As some of you know. I had quit my job after six years, a year ago this month. Pretty much weren't getting along anymore, promise that were made never came to fruition and the goals weren't attainable. That is as long as they kept moving the mark. Found a job that would support my needs and maintain the quality of life that my wife and I were used to. After seven months of constant belittling, blow-ups and pretty much being made to feel inadequate. My boss tells me this is not working out. Go figure. I've been in upper managment for close to twenty years and never had any real problems getting the job done. Here, I'm told I'm not getting the job done. I knew we weren't going to last but, I was hoping to have something lined up. Being set up on a bonus structure. I was hoping to get to the end of this year. Grab my bonus and run. Guess not.

Here's the kicker, my wife was let go at the beginning of the year after eighteen years of service due to down sizing. Not having ever been let go. I guess, I really didn't understand how she felt. Let me tell you it sucks!!!!!! I hope all this makes sense as I'm feeling really numb right.

As my son said. Time to move on Dad. Thank god for the little nudges you get here and there. I don't know what else to say.

That's rough news Dickson, sorry to hear it. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Sorry to hear that man. They went through my work yesterday axing people. Its getting rough out there.

Wow, that really sucks.
Good luck with the job hunt.

I hope they gave you a decent severances package at least...

I hope it all works out.

Wow, that really sucks.
Good luck with the job hunt.

I hope they gave you a decent severances package at least...

No severance...just here's the door and I'm really sorry. :(

Sorry to hear the news. Know this though, something better is in store, you can rest assured. I've never left one thing and not had what I moved on to be better. Whether it be in broads, cigars, cars, homes or jobs. Always has been an upward move, which I find has been the case for generally all others I know. Same for you brother. Stay strong, and know you and your wife are headed for something bigger and better.

Since I completed my degree (Electrical Engineering) I've had three jobs. In my case, I chose to move on before the writing on the wall caught up with me but the emotional stress is very similar. Instead of "your're out" its "why are you leaving..??.."

The good news is that each job was better than the previous, and my current job is the best job I've ever had in my life. I'm not good with change, but in my case, each time it was for better things.

Move on with your chin up and head held high. A better opportunity is out there....just takes some digging to uncover it..... :thumbs:

The very best of luck, and the very best regards - B.B.S.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. I am sure everything will work out in the end, just hang in there

Dave

Everything happens for a reason mate. Im sure the next job will be the ideal one you spent a lifetime looking for that does you and your family justice and this was meant to simply stop your misery in that particular job.

Keep your head high, better things will be in your future.

Is there something in the water?!! First cuppajack and now you!!

Well, keep the chin high and eyes open! There are other grander opportunities awaiting you. Perhaps some thinking "outside" the box? Regardless, I wish you the best and hope you and your family weather the storm.

Sorry to hear this bro....stay positive, stay tough, better days are coming!

Keep strong, and stay positive brother. Everything happens for a reason, and I am positive something better will come along for you!! :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that bro!

As Putz Mulligan mentioned, I too got the axe a couple of weeks ago...

We just have to stay positive and know it is for the better!
I too was just trying to tough it out through the end of the year... Plans change!

We'll land on our feet and make the most of the opportunity that this change is!

Sorry to hear that man, I'm sure things will turn around soon!

Thanks for all the well wishes. At 48 it's getting tougher out there.

Greener pastures are just over the horizon my friend, you weren't happy there anyhow! Life is to short to live with a crappy job situation, Good Luck on the Job search. :thumbs:

I figure, I'll take a couple of weeks off. Then hit the bricks. I hate job interviews!!!!! ???