• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Govee Wireless Hygrometer

Are these actually WiFi or Bluetooth like the boveda ones?

Very interested in how this works. I have three SensorPush units, very happy with them. Always good to have solid choices.

Yeah, I bought two of these Govee units over the weekend. One of the smaller, no LCD screen, and one with the LCD screen. Excellent devices for the cost and size. I will be buying a few more of each unit. Easy app to use and connect to, plus they have a great range.

The only point to really improve on, is the update/refresh of the readings. I think they could improve that a bit. I have to actually hit the refresh button for one of the sensors to have them refresh. Doesn't matter if the App has been open all day or I just opened it.

Yeah, took me a second to figure out that, and you actually have to push the refresh button next to the directory device in the app. I was pulling down to reload it, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't changing. Apartment my Boveda was oversaturated and not absorbing anything, so had to do an actual salt test whule it drys out. Plus is that I'll be able to calibrate it at 2 different points.

How do you guys think these compare to the boveda butlers? Thats what i have only because i didn't know any better.

I don't know anything about the Boveda butler, and honestly haven't had this long enough to form an opinion.

How do you guys think these compare to the boveda butlers? Thats what i have only because i didn't know any better.
I use to use the boveda and didn't mind it. Mine went through batteries like a lonely fat girl so I upgraded. I switched to sensor push and really like them! I have my boveda in my travel humidor right now but this thread reminded me I should move it to my dry box..... I wouldn't switch unless you have issues with your boveda.

I use to use the boveda and didn't mind it. Mine went through batteries like a lonely fat girl so I upgraded. I switched to sensor push and really like them! I have my boveda in my travel humidor right now but this thread reminded me I should move it to my dry box..... I wouldn't switch unless you have issues with your boveda.
Okay cool, yeah I ended up buying a couple of packs of extra batteries on amazon. I’ve heard the battery life isn’t great so I wanted to be prepared.

Yeah, took me a second to figure out that, and you actually have to push the refresh button next to the directory device in the app. I was pulling down to reload it, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't changing. Apartment my Boveda was oversaturated and not absorbing anything, so had to do an actual salt test whule it drys out. Plus is that I'll be able to calibrate it at 2 different points.

I think I may have found the solution. I'm on Android, so keep that in mind. I looked through the reviews on Amazon for "refresh" and found mention of allowing the App to do background updates. This got me to thinking that maybe the App needs to be allowed constant access to the Location Services. As when I installed the App, I set the App Permissions to only use Location Services while the App was open; I don't like every single App to "know" where I am at. I am very stringent on what Apps get access to the Location Services.

I've made the change to allow the App to always have access to Location Services and have been checking it. I now see it updating on the main page, a few points here and there. So, hopefully that is the resolution.

I have a Sensor Push unit in my humi, and a friend just got one of these for his. For the price you can't beat them. I need to get a new hygro for my office humi, and think I'm going to go this route and swap out the Sensor Push unit in my home humi at the same time.