• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graduation

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
Ok, so graduation (from High School, in case you are curious) is soon approaching and I really need to choose a special cigar for this occasion. I am really looking for a cigar that I will always remember and associate with my graduation. I am not looking to buy the most expensive cigar, as price isn't always proportional to taste/quality.

My max I am looking to spend would be about $30 for the cigar, I can't really justify spending more than that on one cigar. This is if I can actually find a single, if not I would be interested in doing a box split or something of that sort. To help with suggestions, I prefer full bodied smokes and vitola isn't a really big concern.

On to the second part of my post. As with a graduation, a graduation party soon follows. Thus I also need to buy a box of cigars to hand out to friends, as all my friends are mooches they will no doubt ask for one at my graduation party :rolleyes: . I am not looking for anything real expensive, as most of them don't smoke and couldn't tell an Opus from a Swisher :laugh: . The ones that do smoke I will give something more special to. So basically I am looking for a box of decent tasting, maybe robusto(not that big of a deal though), probably mild-medium bodied smokes that won't really cost me an arm and a leg. I'm pretty much expecting half of these to be put out before they reach the halfway point.

All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Get yourself a Monte #2 and a box of Muniemakers for the moochers.

Doc.

Smoke an Anejo 48.
Maybe get a box of Torano exodus or Rocky Patel 90 Robustos for your friends. The Toranos can be had for 50-60 bucks a box in a Robusto size and are made quite well. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Opus X 'A' for you.
Or the Padron route with a 1926 #1 Maddie, Padron 1964 'A' Maduro, or a 40th anniversery (maduro, of course!)
AF 858 Maduro for your moocher friends! It may inspire one of em to appreciate a good cigar. If you get a box of Philly Blunts they could put em to a different use if they don't smoke em as a 'cigar'. :laugh:
-Rob

I would say go with a box of 5 Vegas classics for your friends. I prefer the Torpedo but to each their own. As far as something for you to smoke..... when is your graduation?

Maybe a box of Padron 2k/3k?
or if you want cheaper a box of AF curlyheads?
For you a God of Fire Carlito Blend?

Lots of nice suggestions so far, thank everyone. Now I just have to choose which one of these smokes I want to smoke.

I am leaning towards an Opus X 'A', I have like everyother Opus I have tried so I have no doubt I would enjoy this one. I have also heard very good thing about the God of Fires. Ahh decisions, decisions.

As for the moochers, I am thinking the AF 858s are a good idea. The lowest I have found them for online was about $90. I've had them before and enjoy them. So hopefully my friends will also. If they don't happen to smoke them all, more cigars for me! :D

I graduate June 1st I believe, somewhere around there. And my party is on the 4th.

Anyone want to sell me a God of Fire and an Opus X 'A' ??? ? I figure I might as well have a nice cigar for the day I graduate and my party. :laugh: My one local dealer (by local I mean about 45 mins away) doesn't carry either of those cigars. So if someone wants to point me to a website that doesn't charge up to double MSRP, that would be great.

Thanks again!

What about a cuban. Would that be perhaps better? Maybe a Cohiba Robusto or something of that sort. Have you tried a 5 vegas classic? Just curious. Very good cigar in my opinion and much cheaper than the 858'S. I have not tried an 858 so cannot judge as to which is better.

What about a cuban. Would that be perhaps better? Maybe a Cohiba Robusto or something of that sort. Have you tried a 5 vegas classic? Just curious. Very good cigar in my opinion and much cheaper than the 858'S. I have not tried an 858 so cannot judge as to which is better.

I wouldn't mind an ISOM, what do you have in mind? The only problem with getting one of those is that I have never really seen a website that sells singles. And it would just be easier to get the other cigars listed above.

No, I have not tried a 5 Vegas Classic, so I can not judge how they are. I am very open to suggestions for what to get for my friends. I just went with the 858s because they were relatively cheap, and I know they are good.

You shall have a package coming. A sample to help you decide what to get your friends and something a bit special for your graduation. PM me for details. Congratulations on graduation!

You shall have a package coming. A sample to help you decide what to get your friends and something a bit special for your graduation. PM me for details. Congratulations on graduation!

Way to go, Ronin! :thumbs:

Wilkey

Way to go, Ronin! :thumbs:

Wilkey

I wish someone was around to do the same for me when I graduated. Gotta send the kid off into the real world right I say. Honestly I appreciate the recognition of one my favorite posters on this board, and someone whom I can obviously learn much from. Thanks for the post WIlkey. I just hope Nathan likes what I send him. LOL!

Awesome man! Thank you so much :love: ! The generosity of this site never ceases to amaze me.

For your friends get some Consuegra Bundles of off Jr's. They can be found HERE! While they say it is a medium-full bodied smoke i disagree whole-heartedly. Great smoke for some moocher friends as it is a 2nd of some good brands.

Just my $.02.

:0 Did he just say graduation from high school??? :0
Man, I feel older every day and I am not even that old. :p
congrats! Starting the rest of your life with a good cigar is the way to go. :thumbs:

:0 Did he just say graduation from high school??? :0
Man, I feel older every day and I am not even that old. :p
congrats! Starting the rest of your life with a good cigar is the way to go. :thumbs:

Haha, yes High School. I'm pretty sure I am the youngest active member on the boards :laugh:.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and especially thank you Ronindice for the package you are sending :) .

Thanks,

Nathan

I graduate June 4th, congrats Nathan I know how ya feel. Those last few days seem like a whole other semester huh? lol

I know the date of my graduation,but no one has mentioned a party so I likely be lighting up at home afterwards. :D

I graduate June 1st I believe, somewhere around there. And my party is on the 4th.

Doesn't know this historic date...graduation day....but he knows when the party is :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy both days bro!!
:thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh:

I figured out that my party is the 3rd and I graduate the 4th :D.

Man, walking at graduation is going to be a pain with a hangover.