• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graduation

Congrats on graduation from H.S.!
[just try to stay away from any 1/4=life crises :D]

For your graduation party, I'd recc Private Stock. They are a really great affordable smoke [$50-60/box] and on the milder side for all your swisher friends.

Hope you find a great cigar for yourself to clebrate with.
[Am graduating college end of May and am searcing myself for the 'perfest one'.]
While I don't have an extra "A" laying around, there's a package en route for ya you might like. :thumbs:

For your graduation party, I'd recc Private Stock. They are a really great affordable smoke [$50-60/box] and on the milder side for all your swisher friends.

[Am graduating college end of May and am searcing myself for the 'perfest one'.]
While I don't have an extra "A" laying around, there's a package en route for ya you might like. :thumbs:

Jeeze, you guys are too nice :love:.

Now there is a good idea. They are cheap, but are a great cigar. I smoke them all the time if I'm just doing work in the garage or outside; usually when I might want to smoke but am not going to be focusing on enjoying the cigar. I think I still have half a box I could part w/. PM me if you are interested and I'll check my humi tonight.

Congratulations! And I probably would have been better off if I was only smoking cigars at my graduation. :laugh:

- C

Alrighty, the choices have been made! :D

For my friends, aka Moochers, will be smoking a comination of the Private Stocks I purchased from Blue Dragon, and a box of 5 Vegas.

For my graduation comencement I will be smoking a Cohiba Robusto, generously given to me by Ronin. :love:

And for my actual graduation party I will be smoking an Opus gifted to me by Sir-Smokes-A-Lot!. :thumbs:

I will probably smoke a couple other cigars throughout the day, but those will be the highlights of the night. I'll be sure to post a full review of the cigars in a few weeks.

:love: Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the cigars that were gifted to me :love:!

I say give the moochers a "real" cigar that is inexpensive - Famous Nicaraguan 3000 Torpedo Natural($39free shipping!) A great cigar, affordable, and Full Flavor!

:0 Did he just say graduation from high school??? :0
Man, I feel older every day and I am not even that old. :p
congrats! Starting the rest of your life with a good cigar is the way to go. :thumbs:

You are not alone my friend, when he said High School I skipped a few heart beats. I am currently 5 months from retirement.....I am really feeling old!

By the way congrats on the graduation, :thumbs: I still remember my grad night like it was yesterday. :whistling:

On a side note to all of this:

I was in Outlaw today and these punkass high schoolers come in. They all bought CAO Italias, promptly smoke about a 1/3rd of them then put them out. Me and Scott looked at each other and wanted to murder them.

The moral of the story.....SMOKE IT ALL!

For my friends, aka Moochers, will be smoking a comination of the Private Stocks I purchased from Blue Dragon, and a box of 5 Vegas.

For my graduation comencement I will be smoking a Cohiba Robusto, generously given to me by Ronin. :love:

And for my actual graduation party I will be smoking an Opus gifted to me by Sir-Smokes-A-Lot!. :thumbs:

I will probably smoke a couple other cigars throughout the day, but those will be the highlights of the night. I'll be sure to post a full review of the cigars in a few weeks.

:love: Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the cigars that were gifted to me :love:!

De Nada Senor. I am glad to have been able to contribute to your graduation! I think everyone will love the 5 Vegas. I am looking forward to the reviews. :thumbs:

Sounds like you're well-equipped, Nathan. Having the party the night before the ceremony is brutal, though. Those things are hard enough to take without a hangover. Sneak in a flask and play the Graduation Drinking Game. Take a sip every time someone says..."As I look out on these young people/young adults"..."bright future"...any metaphors having to do with roads or the sky...any speaker who still remembers being in your shoes "like it was yesterday"...any time a speaker implies that every person in your graduating class will be successful...any time a speaker admonishes you to enjoy the journey, not just the destination...

It's amazing how much those speeches focus on career and accomplishments and so little on the things that most people care the most about. Just once I'd like to hear a graduation speaker talk about being a good mom or dad or taking care of your family. (Or sitting on the porch with a glass of good whiskey and a nice cigar.)

In closing this ridiculously off-topic post, I'd like to say: I remember my own graduation like it was yesterday, and as I look out upon these hardworking young people--who will all cure cancer and solve the problem of poverty in our time--as they set out on that road to a brighter future, I'd like to remind them that the journey...

Sounds like you're well-equipped, Nathan. Having the party the night before the ceremony is brutal, though. Those things are hard enough to take without a hangover. Sneak in a flask and play the Graduation Drinking Game. Take a sip every time someone says..."As I look out on these young people/young adults"..."bright future"...any metaphors having to do with roads or the sky...any speaker who still remembers being in your shoes "like it was yesterday"...any time a speaker implies that every person in your graduating class will be successful...any time a speaker admonishes you to enjoy the journey, not just the destination...

It's amazing how much those speeches focus on career and accomplishments and so little on the things that most people care the most about. Just once I'd like to hear a graduation speaker talk about being a good mom or dad or taking care of your family. (Or sitting on the porch with a glass of good whiskey and a nice cigar.)

In closing this ridiculously off-topic post, I'd like to say: I remember my own graduation like it was yesterday, and as I look out upon these hardworking young people--who will all cure cancer and solve the problem of poverty in our time--as they set out on that road to a brighter future, I'd like to remind them that the journey...

LOL, so true

I am going to a graduation on the 23rd. I will be wearing the black rode while the "kiddies" (18 years old) will be wearing white. I anticipate being given at least one Cuban cigar like I have been handed for the last few years by grateful parents. On the other hand I am taking a long a well stored and aged Padron 5000 just in case! Last year I got a box of Vegas Robaina Unicos....we get nothing but we do get a few perks.

0306 0320 0001 3122 5381

That ought to keep the moochers happy. :thumbs:

Have a great graduation party! I don't remember much of mine. ;P
Enjoy,
- C

Yes, indeed. I will have lots of bombs to send out this coming summer. :D

Edit to add: I really hope my new humidor gets here soon. I am running out of tupperware. My mom is starting to get suspicious and is beginning to ask where it is all going. :D

I hear ya. My 100 count humi is full to the brim. I am seriously looking into a wine cabinet to convert to a humi. I would love to get a piece like yours Nathan, but I do not have central air and unfortunately my house during summer can get to about 90 degrees. :(

I am going to a graduation on the 23rd. I will be wearing the black rode while the "kiddies" (18 years old) will be wearing white. I anticipate being given at least one Cuban cigar like I have been handed for the last few years by grateful parents. On the other hand I am taking a long a well stored and aged Padron 5000 just in case! Last year I got a box of Vegas Robaina Unicos....we get nothing but we do get a few perks.

You have cool parents. I only recently got my pops into cigars. He has smoked a pipe for years. :thumbs:

Congratulations on the grad. I remember my grad smoke...an ISOM RyJ Churchill.

Unfortunately I did not get to smoke both of the cigars that I intended. :( Saturday was really hectic with setting up for my party and helping make food and greeting the some 200+ people that came. All this combined with how shitty I have been feeling with a cold for the past week, I wasn't even in the mood to smoke. I figured that I wouldn't waste such a nice cigar since I probably wouldn't even be able to taste all the flavors that are there. So after all my relatives left I just sat back with a few friends and downed a couple of beers and passed out some cigars to my moocher friends. And damn does a room fill up quickly with smoke with about 10 or so people smoking. :laugh: I eventually herded them all outside, but it looked like a fog machine was on in there.

Anyways onto commencement. Commencement was a really good time and I was feeling a lot better for some reason. It was a nice sunny day and it was outside in our football stadium. It started sprinkling towards the end, but everything went well. I found out this morning that I am on the front page of the newspaper. :D The paper took a picture of us throwing our caps into the air, and I was in the second row. So that was cool. So since I was feeling better, I decided to go ahead and smoke the Cohiba.

I am no expert when it comes to cigars, and you won't get a poetic review from me like you do from Ginseng, but I like to think that I know a good cigar when I smoke one. :whistling: Anyways, I really liked the cigar. Had a very excellent draw, not to loose, not to tight. These is just my observations on the taste, and the are most likely a little off. Throughout the smoke I could really taste coffee and something else, not sure really, but kind of a cocoa flavor. ??? The whole time the cigar gave plenty of smoke and burned cool till the 3/4" mark when I finally put it down. The only real complaint I would have about this cigar is that it had a slight burn issue. For some reason one little part of the cigar didn't want to burn at the same speed as the rest. I waited about 15 minutes, hoping it would correct itself, but alas I had to touch it up on several occasions. I am thinking that this might be because I was outside for a little bit, and the wind messed with it, but I am not sure. The pros of this cigar greatly outweighed the one minor con though. Thank you very much Ronin for giving me this cigar to try! :thumbs:

I am back to feeling shitty again today. I think my cold is finally gone, and it is just allergies now.

Happy smoking everyone!

Grats on the big day Nathan! That sux that you weren't feeling well for your party though. Sounds like your smoke the next day was good though.

How'd your friends like the ones you passed out?