• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Greetings From Oliva -- Oliva Connecticut update inside!

I'll be heading to Miami the 2nd week of December for our annual sales meeting. I'll be sure to come back and give everyone the low down on the goodies that are being released next year.

Thanks for the update Ian, I hope you and the family have a great Thanksgiving holiday......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

It's always good to meet up with people from the boards. We'll definitely have to get together again sometime Matt.

Oliva "V" Bold?????? :fingers crossed:

Derek

p.s. Ian is fun to drink with...

Matt, I have to agree with you on this one! Ian is fun to drink with. I think the best part was watching him in front of the bourbon selection at my bar! He was like a deer in head lighths (in a good way), just did not know where to start and thanks to the cab ride, he did not need to know where to end!

The Oliva V was also my highlight of the evening.

Thanks Ian for a fun evening, look forward to doing it again some time.

Tony

Tony,

You will have to ask Ian his story about why I say that :laugh: .

I do wish those Bold's would come back, but I think they have some good ideas coming too.

Bolds won't be back unfortunately fellas. We do have some great things in the line up for the new year that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

I'd like to see a new "V" series "bold." Only ever had one of the "bolds," but it sure was tasty!!

Derek

wonder if this place is legit...

Smoke a V Maduro, that's pretty much what it is, a stronger, spicier version of the V.

As far as that place being real, I would say no. Zero contact information or any information about who they are, where they are, etc. Also, they have deep discounted Davidoff White Label which you will never find.

Ian, someone at my local B&M told me that there is supposed to be an Oliva V Maduro Robusto coming out next year. Is there any truth to this? Or just wishful thinking?

Ian, someone at my local B&M told me that there is supposed to be an Oliva V Maduro Robusto coming out next year. Is there any truth to this? Or just wishful thinking?

Anything you hear about any future Serie V Maduro's is pure speculation and rumors. The fact of the matter is that nothing has even been talked about yet. I will say though, that a V Maduro Robusto would be awesome indeed!

Anything you hear about any future Serie V Maduro's is pure speculation and rumors. The fact of the matter is that nothing has even been talked about yet. I will say though, that a V Maduro Robusto would be awesome indeed!

Amen.

I would think that this would be the tasting size too, so it makes good sense.

I would love to see them in Double Coronas :laugh: Now that would be fun.

Just a little update on what's to come in 09.

The Oliva Connecticut is scheduled to be out out 1st quarter of 09. I smoked a few while in Miami and absolutely love it! Billows of buttery creamy smoke. It will come in five sizes I believe.

The Nub Maduro is also scheduled for the end of the 1st quarter and will be two sizes.

The Nub Miami will be released 2nd quarter of 09. It will be one size, limited availability and be the fullest bodied cigar in the Nub line.

Please keep in mind these are estimated release dates and nothing is carved in stone as things sometimes change. When I get more concrete dates, they will be posted.

Expect two new event tours through out 09!!!! A Nub tour and an Oliva tour! Both guaranteed to blow you away. More details to come later.

There are many other things that are being worked on as well and as soon as I can release more, you all will be the first to hear it.

How about a nub with some ligero in it?

My main complaint about the nub line is how bland and tasteless they are (YMMV).

Other than that, Oliva always has a place in my humi with the 'O' 'G' 'S' and 'V' :thumbs:

The Master blend III is one of my favorites. Ian, are they going to be any changes in that line?

How about a nub with some ligero in it?

My main complaint about the nub line is how bland and tasteless they are (YMMV).

Other than that, Oliva always has a place in my humi with the 'O' 'G' 'S' and 'V' :thumbs:

The Nub Miami will be the strongest of the line, I think it will be just what your looking for.

The Master blend III is one of my favorites. Ian, are they going to be any changes in that line?

There will be a MB4, hopefully in 09, but I can't talk much about it until the time is right. We have a lot on our plate right now. :)

I'd rather have a V Lancero Maduro than a Robusto Maduro...that would be sweet.

Just wanted to fill everyone in on the status of the Oliva Connecticut. The bands will be shipping in about a week. The cigars are ready. Once the bands arrive in Nicaragua the sticks will begin getting banded and boxed and shipped to FL for distribution. I assume this will be in the next 4-5 weeks, however don't quote me, like always, things can change.

As far as the cigar itself goes, it's obviously a Connecticut wrapped cigar, mild in strength, but lots of flavor. Not your typical Connecticut that many compare to sucking air. I personally am very excited about this stick as I now have a cigar to hand to people at events that "want something mild" or "smoke Ashton's on a regular basis". The Connecticut gives the new cigar smoker that wants something mild, but with enough flavor that they know they're smoking a cigar. All while maintaining the constant quality and price point of the Oliva brand. In past situations like the one above, I would often try to give said smoker a Serie G and while it is a damn good cigar and very affordable, some still found the cameroon wrapper to have a little too much bite as an entry level stick.

In the day and age of SCHIP and state tobacco taxes rising, we are trying to consistently release a great product for an affordable price. The Connecticut will come in right around the price of the Serie O and will be in robusto, toro, churchill, and torpedo. I must say, while not being a mild cigar smoker myself, I smoked these every morning while in Miami for our sales meeting in December. They truly are an excellent stick.

Just wanted to fill everyone in on the status of the Oliva Connecticut. The bands will be shipping in about a week. The cigars are ready. Once the bands arrive in Nicaragua the sticks will begin getting banded and boxed and shipped to FL for distribution. I assume this will be in the next 4-5 weeks, however don't quote me, like always, things can change.

As far as the cigar itself goes, it's obviously a Connecticut wrapped cigar, mild in strength, but lots of flavor. Not your typical Connecticut that many compare to sucking air. I personally am very excited about this stick as I now have a cigar to hand to people at events that "want something mild" or "smoke Ashton's on a regular basis". The Connecticut gives the new cigar smoker that wants something mild, but with enough flavor that they know they're smoking a cigar. All while maintaining the constant quality and price point of the Oliva brand. In past situations like the one above, I would often try to give said smoker a Serie G and while it is a damn good cigar and very affordable, some still found the cameroon wrapper to have a little too much bite as an entry level stick.

In the day and age of SCHIP and state tobacco taxes rising, we are trying to consistently release a great product for an affordable price. The Connecticut will come in right around the price of the Serie O and will be in robusto, toro, churchill, and torpedo. I must say, while not being a mild cigar smoker myself, I smoked these every morning while in Miami for our sales meeting in December. They truly are an excellent stick.

Sounds good, Ian. I'll have to give it a whirl when I can get my hands on it. In the meantime, I'll continue enjoying the G Maduros, Vs and Master Blend IIIs... they're all among my favorites.

Glad you enjoy the line Barry. On another note, there will also be a lonsdale size that will be released at launch time.