• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Growlers on a plane

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
Not a movie, not a story about crapping in a plane, no pork pies, no icebergs, just big old bottles of beer on a plane.

Any special considerations when taking a couple growlers with you? They are not the best seal, so I'm not sure what extra steps are needed.

I alomost got thrown off a plane once for bringing my own booze :)

A good-enough seal that they don't spill on your packed clothes is pretty essential, and if you're living in a paranoid country, remember to check them. Otherwise, you should be good to go--all that jazz about air pressure and temperature shouldn't worry you. Cats usually survive a trip to checked-luggage land, and even if the cargo hold were depressurized, the pressure inside the growler would remain constant.

I can't think of any other reason why you'd worry...

$5 dollars says you are going to be explaining to the TSA what is dripping out of your luggage.

Due to recent restrictions, I was planning on checking them. Just didn't know what effect that would have. I do know that a small bottle of shampoo will explode on occasion. I think I'll pack them in my wife's suit case. Problem solved.

Due to recent restrictions, I was planning on checking them. Just didn't know what effect that would have. I do know that a small bottle of shampoo will explode on occasion. I think I'll pack them in my wife's suit case. Problem solved.

:laugh: that's priceless

I'd be more worried about them shattering, they are huge bottles and not the thickest glass....have you ever seen how they treat your luggage?

Biggest I've ever done is a pair of bombers and that went fine.

If you are super concerned consider use Nalgene bottles.
They are made with strong lexan and you can screw the lids down tight.

-Rob