• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guess the Vitola

Frankly, I don't think it's a fake. My buddy thinks it's a "Second" not sure what that is.

There is no such thing as a "second" being sold and no reputable vendor would do try to pass off that "cigar" as being authentic.

Ah, I see now. Sorry to imply it was a site sponsor, by all means no. Just someone I have purchased from many times in the past and that anyone I talk to says the same as you, all reports are rock solid, never one case of a true counterfeit. Although I seem to recall they used to ship one way now everything seems to be coming from a different country, don't want to give too much away on the public forum.

Frankly, I don't think it's a fake. My buddy thinks it's a "Second" not sure what that is. To me, I can't find a single credible error anywhere in the packaging or any such, it's just that some of the sticks are good, some are weird and some are like that one, bizarre. I'm prone to think it's some of quality issue. I don't usually tear down cigars either, but I am used to seeing medium and long filler leaves. I can't tell if the leaves disintegrated in the wrapper.

In any case, sorry to offend again and/or any lack of manners and breach of etiquette. I usually don't have anything to offer, so I just read. I don't think it's a fake but I'd be happy to post up pictures of the box, remaining cigars, bands etc...[

Those two statements are what are at issue, plus your post No. 19. You say you don't have much to add, but you took the opportunity to start this most cryptic of threads.

Who is your friend and who is your source for these? You can PM as I'd like to know!

edited cause I can't spell :laugh:

Frankly, I don't think it's a fake. My buddy thinks it's a "Second" not sure what that is. To me, I can't find a single credible error anywhere in the packaging or any such, it's just that some of the sticks are good, some are weird and some are like that one, bizarre. I'm prone to think it's some of quality issue. I don't usually tear down cigars either, but I am used to seeing medium and long filler leaves. I can't tell if the leaves disintegrated in the wrapper.

I don't think it's a fake but I'd be happy to post up pictures of the box, remaining cigars, bands etc...

If there are other cigars in the box that you suspect of being like the one you already showed us, I for one would like to see the rest of the story, pictures of the head, foot, wrapper and band. I am assuming there is some reason you decided to do an autopsy on a live cigar, what is it?

Finally, as to your "friend", you may want to let them know that you have invoked their image, if you haven't already. If you have, you might want to ask why they aren't running to acknowledge you.

SNIP..........> Frankly, I don't think it's a fake.

Fake or Real whoknows
But one thing we can all agree on, I would hope is, that it certainalty is not a quality Partagas PSD4

Things like this can and do happen dont ask me how, or why, but if I hadnt done it, seen it, with my own eyes I may have questioned it.
In September this year, myself and a couple of friends visited the Partagas Factory in Havana, where I purchased some Cigars from the shop.
My stock cigar back at home here in Scotland, is the PSD4, so this was one I had to buy whilst in Havana, we headed to the Hotel National to chill with a few beers and enjoy a Smoke, we all choose the Party D4 from the same box....
My Cigar was plugged with cardboard paper with writing on it, and leaf clippings...... And that was direct from the Factory :( ..........

Split another one and see if it's the same. If yes, send them back to the vendor. If no, enjoy.

As far as cryptic, yes it was very, especially for an early post. (and I don't mean early in the day)

SNIP..........> Frankly, I don't think it's a fake.

Fake or Real whoknows
But one thing we can all agree on, I would hope is, that it certainalty is not a quality Partagas PSD4

Things like this can and do happen dont ask me how, or why, but if I hadnt done it, seen it, with my own eyes I may have questioned it.
In September this year, myself and a couple of friends visited the Partagas Factory in Havana, where I purchased some Cigars from the shop.
My stock cigar back at home here in Scotland, is the PSD4, so this was one I had to buy whilst in Havana, we headed to the Hotel National to chill with a few beers and enjoy a Smoke, we all choose the Party D4 from the same box....
My Cigar was plugged with cardboard paper with writing on it, and leaf clippings...... And that was direct from the Factory :( ..........

For some reason when I was at that factory shop it sketched me out a bit. Something about having a box of Cohiba EL DCs for I believe 300 or so CUC in May.

I've never actually been to the factory stores unfortunately. I'm thinking about trying to do the Habanos Festival run this year, I think it's open to normal people. It should be pretty interesting post-Ike.

Well, I'd be happy to post the rest of the box plus pictures etc... I just don't want to cause any problems. So, if you guys are okay with it, then I'll do it.

I'm inclined to believe it's real but like Seriesteve says. Everything just looks 100% legit to me and it's from a source I've always trusted. A few people have PM'd me with questions, so if my source sounds like "a guy I know who travels to Cuba regularly and picks up only the nicest ones with the glass tops...." then feel free to chime in.

I'll take some more pictures at lunch, if you guys want me to post them then by all means.

So dago, as many have already asked have you posted an intro yet? Who on earth are you? The only thing worse, or perhaps on par with starting off in the Cuban Cigar forum is ignoring the advice well respected members have given you. What's even more annoying is questioning them and their intentions when they do offer constructive criticism.

So here it is, once again:

Go post an intro and fill out your profile.

Who is your "friend" here that has been a long time member and frequent participant in passes?

Dago,

Understand that people like to know who they're talking to. Post an intro and let's move on. Once we know who we're talking to, you can feel free to ask away and have your questions answered.

I received an answer for the source, but not the friend. I also didn't get the courtesy of the individuals name.

So there you go another individual that wants to be part of Cigar Pass, but not within the confines of who we are as a community!

Dago,

Understand that people like to know who they're talking to. Post an intro and let's move on. Once we know who we're talking to, you can feel free to ask away and have your questions answered.

Just posted an intro! Sorry for the delay. Took a little while to type

Dago,

Just posted an intro! Sorry for the delay. Took a little while to type

Okay so I posted a welcome to you over there!

Personally, I find his screen name offensive.

Doc.

As for the sources you cited, I am not aware of a single credible report of counterfeit goods from either. That said, our international members report that one of them recently began shipping from another large, high volume, "grey market" fulfillment warehouse, whereas they used to ship exclusively from a bona fide free trade zone. I'm not saying that any problems have resulted from that transition, but for sure, the integrity of the supply channel is now at least infinitesimally less than absolute.

Wilkey

That is very interesting, I had not heard that. I don't know which vendor did this but have a hunch (if you or anyone else would care to enlighten me via PM I would appreciate it). Anything "grey market" gets my antennae up.

Personally, I find his screen name offensive.

Doc.

Maybe because you're in New England, in San Diego dago means San Diego. Growing up with the kids I did, it's just what we called our own home. The R6 is a type of motorcycle, we tend to hold onto the screen names we have for a long time.

As promised, more pictures. These were a PITA.

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

They use a blue ink at times(I'll check)...but the cap...well, that lends to more questions and more photo's!

Then it must by my monitor as it appears purple/red on my screen at work and home and not bluish. I have seen plenty of the blue ink before, but only purple on really old boxes, not anything so new. YMMV.

They use a blue ink at times(I'll check)...but the cap...well, that lends to more questions and more photo's!