• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

Hopefully I can get a little help here. I am not a ‘rifle guy’ only hand guns until now. Can someone give some info about this Marlin? Unfortunately it is the only pics I have. I do know it has never been fired as the person passed away right after he purchased it & the fam ily knows nothing about it & don’t have any manual for it. It is about a 150 mile drive to his house & I would like to go there knowing a little about it.View attachment 44926View attachment 44927

Streetrod, do you plan on selling it? I do know Marlin makes a decent gun.

Looks like a Marlin 336. Do ya know the caliber? I have one in 35 Remington that I traded a box of CC’s for a bit ago. 30-30 is prolly the most common I’d seen while in the gun business. If not mistaken, they may make a rim fire lever action as well.

If you can find caliber, it’d help. If center fire, a great gun for its purpose, deer slayer under 150 yards. Awesome brush gun.

I see if I can find any pricing.

Floyd T

Looks like a Marlin 336. Do ya know the caliber? I have one in 35 Remington that I traded a box of CC’s for a bit ago. 30-30 is prolly the most common I’d seen while in the gun business. If not mistaken, they may make a rim fire lever action as well.

If you can find caliber, it’d help. If center fire, a great gun for its purpose, deer slayer under 150 yards. Awesome brush gun.

I see if I can find any pricing.

Floyd T
Thanks for the reply & comment. Unfortunately I asked about the caliber & like I said, they know nothing about guns. I guess I will make the trip & see what I can find out, although I know very little about rifles. Is that info on the barrel or some other place on the gun?

Thanks for the reply & comment. Unfortunately I asked about the caliber & like I said, they know nothing about guns. I guess I will make the trip & see what I can find out, although I know very little about rifles. Is that info on the barrel or some other place on the gun?
Caliber is usually stamped on the barrel or receiver.

Right where my thumb is, it should say what model and caliber.7F8A582D-C6B5-48FA-8C0D-860E6A5DEA78.jpegDEC39959-3C1F-4E31-A986-D2D2CEFCA36B.jpeg

I have the wood stock set for mine, as well. I prefer the wood to the black synthetic. I’ll see if I can get a price for you.

Floyd T

I'll tell you what, I've got a Winchester lever action in .44 Mag. Nice since I have a wheel gun in the same caliber. Magnum pistol calibers are no joke out of a short carbine, believe that..!!

I'll tell you what, I've got a Winchester lever action in .44 Mag. Nice since I have a wheel gun in the same caliber. Magnum pistol calibers are no joke out of a short carbine, believe that..!!
You aren't kidding. My brother has a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44 mag. His friend had the 454 version, can't even imagine that!

Ammo is slowly starting to show back up here, hopefully the next step is the price coming back down. 🤞

Any recommendations on finding a holster for this?
Black Hills Leather is a custom leather shop who could make one for ya. They have very nice stuff. I've been out of the holster buying game for a while, so not much help. Galco may have something, or Blackhawk(more tactical).

Floyd T

And used stuff, too. The 439 was probably carried by some LEO at one time or another, should be some holsters out there from that. I was almost in the same boat with a 5906, wanted a new holster - but for something that's been out of production that long, new holsters are not a hot item, even for something with a jillion pieces out there like the 5906. I found a Safariland that'd fit it and also fit the Sig P226 pretty well. Just doing an eBay search for S&W 439 Holster turns up a boatload of hits.

Yeah, ebay was the first place I looked but didn't really love any. Being left handed always makes it more difficult.

Black Hills looks cool, and pretty reasonable for what it is too.

Thanks guys

You have any magazines for that 3906 you want to sell, Chuck? 😂

The 5906 is a double stack, I think the 439 is a single stack so not going to interchange. Truth be told, I'd rather shoot the single stack - doesn't hold as many rounds, but it's a lot thinner through the grip.

What kind of holster you looking for? Duty/Carry on a belt, CC inside waistband or what?

The 5906 is a double stack, I think the 439 is a single stack so not going to interchange. Truth be told, I'd rather shoot the single stack - doesn't hold as many rounds, but it's a lot thinner through the grip.

What kind of holster you looking for? Duty/Carry on a belt, CC inside waistband or what?
Interesting, I just read on the interwebs that they're the same, so you must be wrong! 😂

ETA: Whoops, it was 3906!

Justin, I dont know about Montana but here in Ohio the weekly gun shows have literally thousands of hosters to peruse.
Yep, same here, though they aren't weekly.

Did a ton of rabbit, pheasant, and grouse hunting with an 870 Wingmaster. Moved to an 1100, and then to a Stoeger Condor O/U.

Stoeger was clearly my favorite because of how quick it came on point.
Somehow missed this initially, ended up going with a Stoeger! 🥳
Facebook targeted marketing got me.

View attachment 34808
Somehow didn't think to see if they had one to fit the 439. Getting one that is closed with no mag compartment.

Somehow missed this initially, ended up going with a Stoeger! 🥳

Somehow didn't think to see if they had one to fit the 439. Getting one that is closed with no mag compartment.
I loved hunting rabbits and birds with my Stoege double. The 5 or 6 inches you gain back from losing the action is huge when you are fighting through brush or bringing it up for a jump shot.