• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hailey's Tale!

She is definitely working you over with the kibble.... she's figured out "if i don't eat my regular food, i'll get chicken!!!"

Great news

I'd feed her some nice rare veal liver. That'll get her off the chicken.

Doc

Happy to hear she's on the mend! Did the vet ever determine what triggered this episode?

Happy to hear she's on the mend! Did the vet ever determine what triggered this episode?

Nope.

We did a full tick-panel and some other tests, all negative.
As in the link from the OP...sometimes they never know 'why'. Pretty frustrating.

We'll know tomorrow, the results of platelet count...that was the original issue.

Doc...liver was mentioned...I suggested with bacon and onions!
:D

The test showed all levels are at or above normal. Whew!

We will go back next Friday and have them done again...and I'm sure a few more times to be on watch.

In the mean time, she lost at least 10lbs in as many days so she's weak.
We're mixing the chix with the kibble ...really well...and she's eating.

She's on prednisone and anti-biotics...the later she'll finish next week and the pred will taper-off over a few weeks.

Much thanks to everyone for the thoughts and well wishes!

That is gratifying to hear! She is fortunate to have you as her buddy.

I am most gladdened to see that your pet is doing so well after the recent troubles.

Times like this I wish that being in the same post code as a cat or dog will make me wheeze, sneeze and cough till morning.

It's been a while on this...but Hailey is up to her playful self.

It took time to get her weight back up but she's been at a good number for a couple months now.
The vet said:
1) Come back if her condition changes.
2) No shots (a standard recommendation after a transfusion)
3) Play plenty of PS3
4) Keep giving her Love.

I am truly grateful she mended and has retained her playfulness.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

She's a happy pooch!

gallery_2768_1406_132602.jpg

Good to hear!

But how did you get Rob to stay in that position? :laugh:

That's really good news, Gary. I'm very glad that she has recovered and is back to her playful self.

I am glad she is back to normal, Gary :thumbs: I would be lost without my Basset Hound.

That's some great news Gary, she even looks like she's giving you mental instructions on where the baddies are hiding!

Great news Gary...and great picture....she watching the new Masters golf game?

Good to hear shes doing better.

I miss my dog a ton and yours reminds me of my half-Rot Half-Dob. Had to put her to sleep last year.