• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I'm happy to be home. my 4-year-old is also happy I'm home. The work was a study about malaria, so I'm in the odd moral situation of I need kids to get sick for my study to work, but I don't really want kids to get sick.

I'm happy to be home. my 4-year-old is also happy I'm home. The work was a study about malaria, so I'm in the odd moral situation of I need kids to get sick for my study to work, but I don't really want kids to get sick.
Thanks for the work that you do; I know that researchers often don't get the props that they deserve for the time that they put in. Thanks for the hours brother.

My happy: I gave a well received talk to a group of experts about my work this week, and my 15 year old daughter is still here for her Summer visit. Also, it seems that every cigar in my 65% desktop humidor is expressing oily goodness right now; they all seem to be looking and smoking beautifully. Each one seems to be a gem.

Had a nice sit down discussion outside with my daughter this evening about her future plans. I like that we are able to communicate kind of openly about stuff like this without her just rolling her eyes and "whatever"'ing me. I don't have much mentoring on this sort of thing, so I'm kind of making up the whole "parenting" as I go based on memories of being her age, what I believe to be right and wrong, and learning from past mistakes I've made in all different arenas of life. Based on all of that, my philosophy is that kids are going to do what they are going to do, so all *I* can do is try my best to help her make good decisions. The most stressful feeling I have is going to bed every night with the notion that I may fail in that. I may make mistakes in the whole parent/child thing, but it won't be for lack of trying. We had a great, open talk tonight (while I enjoyed a cigar -- even better!), and I'm incredibly happy we are able to have that sort of relationship... at least sometimes. G'damn moody teenagers...

Took my two older boys to scout camp outside Naples Italy for a week. Glad to be home and not trying to manage 14 teenage boys.

Took my two older boys to scout camp outside Naples Italy for a week. Glad to be home and not trying to manage 14 teenage boys.
Wait, you took your kids to Scout camp in Italy? Damn man. The best I ever got was in the Adirondacks. I didn’t even know they had camps elsewhere. I bet their camp food is better then what I had. Real pasta. Wine. We had bug juice and some sort of meat product all in the name of roughing it.

How on earth did you find Scout camp in Europe? I’m kicking myself for not looking into this when I was younger.

I'm guessing that living in die Schweiz (Swiss-er-land) is a good start... ;)

Wait, you took your kids to Scout camp in Italy? Damn man. The best I ever got was in the Adirondacks. I didn’t even know they had camps elsewhere. I bet their camp food is better then what I had. Real pasta. Wine. We had bug juice and some sort of meat product all in the name of roughing it.

How on earth did you find Scout camp in Europe? I’m kicking myself for not looking into this when I was younger.

The troop in Zurich Switzerland is part of TransAtlantic Council (TAC) which takes care of all the scouting in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. They host two summer camps one in Switzerland, that happens during the Swiss school year, and Camp Volcano near Naples inside an extinct or dormant volcano. Going back to the US would be crazy expensive for us. Food was all bought at the base commissary, so standard American camp food and the boys cooked it. So, it was reasonable but not fantastic. The Far East Council probably has summer camp as well, if you wanted to look at Asia.