• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone tried the new Guinness Black Lager?

BSchmidt1981

I have seen the commercial for this a few times and it always makes me thirsty. Guinness is my go to beer. Curious if anyone has tried to the variation. If so, what were your thoughts?

I've tried it. I always thought Guiness was a bit bland, and I feel about the same about the black lager. It's an easy drink.

I find it typical of Irish beer. Goes down easy and has little flavor.

Doc

There you go again, Doc. :angry:

I used to be a big Guinness fan, I thought it was the end all for stouts. Then I was at a bar and the bartender gave me a sample of Guinness and Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout and I haven't drank Guinness since. And I know there are better stouts than Breckenridge. I would assume the Lager will be the same, but will probably try it just to see.

Watery, lifeless. Guiness Foreign Extra Stout if you can find it in the Caribbean Islands, that's an eye opener. John

I somewhat like them when I'm in the mood for something light and refreshing. They should have released these in late spring.

Had one side by side with a Smith's imperial Stout. Smith's every time, its what I compare all beers to when trying them for the first time.

Had one side by side with a Smith's imperial Stout. Smith's every time, its what I compare all beers to when trying them for the first time.

Those are completely different styles, not a fair comparison at all. That being said, I wasn't a fan at all.