• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Have this problem?

Grandparenting is EASY. When the going gets rough, you give em back. Grandmas ooohh and ahhh, change diapers because its fun. Grandpa keeps his distance till about age 2 when the corruption begins.

There's a big ol' 'Depends' here and I ain't talkin' the diaper variety either.

A lady told me once, "Parents who fail raise their kids well, usually get another chance". She was talking about being grandparents but not the kind Smurfy speaks of. She was talking the full-time, involuntary type.

So for you; so far, NOT so bad.

Hang in there.

Great, only 14.5 more versions before I'll be there.

You too? I'm currently running v2.4 so I've got a few upgrades to go. Let it be known though, the first time the opposite OS trys to infiltrate my Anti-Virus I've got vSmithandWesson along with vKBar paired with vShovel to dispose of the pesky buggers....

#4 son just negotiated his first car deal. I'm proud of him.

Regarding all 4, #1 joined the Marines - a sure bet that he would be gone for the following 6 years. Of #'s 2-4, all moved out, then back at least once. I tried piling junk in their room. Didn't work - he just moved enough to fit a bed and TV. My daughter will be with us always, but the boys are all gone for now.

My son just upgraded to V 15.0 this past Sunday. V 14.x was full of bugs, crashes, and malware. V 15.0 had better be an improvement or I'll have to reboot the system.

PM sent.

My son just upgraded to V 15.0 this past Sunday. V 14.x was full of bugs, crashes, and malware. V 15.0 had better be an improvement or I'll have to reboot the system.

PM sent.

I boot the v15.7 and the and the v13.8 all the damn time. Does no good at all.

:laugh:

PM sent.
Proper placement of "the boot" is very important with the boy versions.

I think you'll notice that once they get to around v24 there seems to be considerable less reboot issues.

Art

**edit to add

Still noticing lots of issues with 2 versions, v18.1 and v20...
;)

I found out that you can shut of text messaging for a period of hours or days and that usually hits my young adults hard.

I am glad they are not girls!

This tread generated a lot of memories of sleepless nights and worry...My oldest is on V-28 now. She's grown up to be a remarkable lady; I'm not sure if it's because of our parenting skills or in spite of them.

My parents told me on parenting: "Follow your heart and pick your battles..."

Good luck; I'm sure she will do just fine...

I have been told that my Great Grandfather was fond of saying, "You pay for your rais'n when you raise one of your own."

The wisdom of our elders ...

Thanks to everyone for their PMs and posts of encouragement and support. I will return messages in time to all that have PM'd me. Feel free to continue to share stories and support via PM or posting here.

Thanks again ... I LOVE CP. :cool:

- Jason

Great, only 14.5 more versions before I'll be there.

You too? I'm currently running v2.4 so I've got a few upgrades to go. Let it be known though, the first time the opposite OS trys to infiltrate my Anti-Virus I've got vSmithandWesson along with vKBar paired with vShovel to dispose of the pesky buggers....

Big talk now! Just wait till she's v16.0 and bats her big ol' baby blues at you!!! :laugh:

I've sat at my table cleaning my guns when boyfriends have visited. It is only mildly effective, unfortunately. I've come to understand the v16.0 through v18.0 male models have a "common sense" override subroutine when exposed to female units. I've even noticed the phenomenon in v20.0 and v21.0 and older. It's awfully strange - because that lack of "common sense" subroutine, when exposed to v16.0 female units, generally leads to serious legal issues. :rolleyes:

I've also learned that v13.0 upgrade installs the "know it all" subroutine. It seems to end around the v20.0 upgrade. I believe the experts call it the "teen" virus. :D