• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading out to see the Doctor

Wishing you the best, and sending you prayers for a good outcome. Hang in there.

Wilkey

So here is the update all. Saw the doc this morning and after spending a good amount of time doing a full pulmonary function test three times, I actually sat down with the doctor. He did a thorough exam with questions and all and decided that he wanted to go on ahead and do the bronchoscopy on Friday. So we will be in town for a few more days. He thinks that we are going to find a bacterial or fungal invasion but doesn't want to rule out cancer yet. He did say that the cancer probability was very low but to be on the safe side he wants to check it out. During the procedure they will do what is called a wash and two or thee biopsies. He says that the whole procedure shouldn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes but that I would need to stay in recovery for three to four hours and then be discharged. I think we will stay the night on Friday just for ease of travel and head home Saturday. Still hoping to touch base with Melly this evening or tommorow so we can burn a good one. Happy smoke rings all.

Gwheato

Will continue to keep you guys in my continued thoughts and prayers. Keep positive brother.

I posted this in a new thread, but I will post it here too...I met Dennis and his wife tonight...and they are really nice, special people! I am SO glad I got to sit down with great new friends and have fine cigars...Hugs guys and I hope we can get together again this week :) Best of luck at UAB and our prayers are with you for sure...

Melly

Say a prayer for Gwheato and his family this morning, he's having his procedure to determine exactly what his lung problem is. Most likely not C, but they haven't ruled that out.

Preesh Gator and all. I am back at the hotel after the procedure this morning still a little tore up from the drugs they gave me but otherwise doing well. Apparently everything went well and they collected a few brush biopsies and a couple of washes and we should have most of the results by Monday afternoon. The wife and I will be heading back to T'ville tommorow morning and it will be great to get back home, I am missing the kids and my bed, so asking for a few more continued prayers for travel and good results from the biopsies and such. A special thanks goes out to sweetmelissa as she has been a true gem in making my wife and I feel at home here. She should have some pics to throw up into a thread and in the gallery soon I hope. Again thank you all so much for your prayers and care you have all shown, What An Awesome Community I Have Wandered Into. :D :cool:

Gwheato

I hope the results are as expected, i.e. a bacterial or fungal invasion.

Take care of yourself bro and get home safe...