• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hello from Tatuaje

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatuaje

Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump in and be the first to post on the new manufacturers forum. Thank you Rod for giving me the heads up.

What's new,

Well I am traveling alot and I have been running into a few of you here and there. So far so good and no one has punched me in the face.

Creating new things (Guapos Series for Cabaiguan and La Riqueza)that will hopefully please your palates. Releasing soon.

I stopped wearing the scarf for now but wanted to thank PutzMuligan for the gift.

I was recently called a liar by an online retailer, So,I got that going for me.

Anyway, If you have any questions put them out there and I will try and answer in a timely manner.....

Regards,
Pete

How can I get some more bombazos?

Call Dion, he's got some........or come by my office and we will smoke a few.......

I'll trade you a salmon and halibut fishing trip on my boat up here for a box or two :whistling:

BTW, GREAT to see you on CP :thumbs: As one of my favorite line of cigars, I'm always reading what you post in hopes of getting new info... or maybe inside line on deals :cool:

edit to add: throw in a box of Noella Reserva Oscuro and I'll make sure we get back to land safely! :laugh:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump in and be the first to post on the new manufacturers forum. Thank you Rod for giving me the heads up.

What's new,

Well I am traveling alot and I have been running into a few of you here and there. So far so good and no one has punched me in the face.

Creating new things (Guapos Series for Cabaiguan and La Riqueza)that will hopefully please your palates. Releasing soon.

I stopped wearing the scarf for now but wanted to thank PutzMuligan for the gift.

Anyway, If you have any questions put them out there and I will try and answer in a timely manner.....

Regards,
Pete

And here I thought you were mad at me............ ???

Glad te hear from you as always Pete! Looking forward to the new releases as well!

How can I get some more bombazos?

Call Dion, he's got some........or come by my office and we will smoke a few.......
Putz and I have both asked Dion.....he ain't sellin'..... :laugh:

These are fantastic smokes; sure would be nice to see something in a 4 X 4x in the regular "brown label" line up..... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Hey Pete! Glad to see you on! I have to say those Cabaiguan's? Frickin' FANTASTIC!!

Thank you.

Hey guys,

What's new,

Regards,
Pete

Oh boy. Did you really need to say that?
Now ppl will be wanting more information. Its like dangling a piece of meat in front of starving dogs.
No need to start a argument.

Hey Pete! Good to see you here brother. Be sure and let me know the next time you're going to be out in Bill's neck of the woods. Make sure you send him a Black jar with my name on it. :D :cool:

Hey Pete,
I sent you a PM and left some messages for you regarding my herf on April 5th. Shoot me an email or PM and let me know what you think.

Take care,

Scott

Hey Pete,

I just wanted to say thank you. i tried your Havana line in the Noble size for the first time and man was that a good cigar. You made a wonderful product i cant wait to try the rest.

thanks again

Pete it good to see ya on here. Smoked my last black Tat yesterday and I need a fix..... damn you..j/k :D

Thanks for actively posting on the site Pete. It means a lot to have my favorite cigar manufacturer around to answer questions.

No special requests or questions at this time.

You put'em out, I'll smoke'em.....how's that for a bargain?

Hey guys,

What's new,

Regards,
Pete

Pete, you are a liar. There is no question about that, you have lied straight to peoples faces including myself and those you call friends. You have sent repeated e-mails to people saying it was me who lied about your friend Dan Mr.Punch, (Newhavanacigars.com) and got him banned from Cigarpass. You have asked several members here to delete and alter posts so you didn't look bad, there are numerous other incidents which I have all of them in writing. You will not back up your product for me, you will not return my numerous phone calls or e-mails leaving me stuck with the bag. I will include this E-mail from you Pete, forwarded to me from your phone.
Dan (newhavanacigars.com) I am very sorry you are going to have to see what kind of people you are doing business with. This is the E-mail that got newhavanacigars.com banned from Cigarpass. This is from Pete to me, turning his friend in for narcing on fellow vendors here at CP. Below is also evidence of Pete's intentional price fixing and some other points of interest in a message to a trusted member here at CP. I will include the main points, if you want Pete's whole message I will e-mail it to you. This is direct unaltered original form copied and pasted from Pete's original message.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: "cigardeal@yahoo.com" <cigardeal@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:36:53 -0700
Subject: Fwd: C-Bid moves to Georgia (kidding)

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Dan Welsh" <dan@newhavanacigars.com>
> Date: August 21, 2007 6:28:36 PM PDT
> To: "Pete Johnson Ip" <tatuajeiphone@gmail.com>
> Subject: C-Bid moves to Georgia (kidding)
>
> FYI - PUFFSTUFF on cigarpass.com today:
>
> http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...36697&st=20
>
>
> Tatuaje J21 for $200 delivered
>
> How about a box of Tatuaje RC 184 for $140 shipped
>
> Tatuaje East Coast Cab for $350
>
> How about Tatuaje Angeles for $90 shipped, I'll do this 3 times

Message from Pete

It has been unfortunate that I have been having to censor many of the
online vendors that promised me and gave me their word that they would
not publish any pricing below a certain discount level. Many happen to
be on your board and I have been watching them for a long time. Although I have never been a member of your site until recently, I and many friends view yours and other forums daily to see how our product is being represented.

Next Quote from Pete

Dan was not the person who contacted me. You stated that this was happening with several manufacturers and I know Dan only deals with a few and I know they have the same policies as I do on published discounting. They also monitor the cigar forums. I have been watching
all the forums to protect the business. An existing long time member
of your board that is very proud of my brand and wants to see it have
longevity also contacted me. I am glad that you locked down the retail area so only your members can view the specials but I will always monitor the specials in my own way.

Next quote

To finish this long-winded letter, I would like to ask you or the site
owners to remove all threads concerning this situation.
i.e.: The Screw You Thread and The introductory from New Havana Cigars
and the Banned Vendor Thread.

I could go on, but I don't think any more needs to be said. The proof speaks for itself!

Al

Wow, this thread is about to go crazy.

I don't have the background to get thoroughly involved here, nor do I know Pete personally, (I do know Al personally) so it wouldn't be fair to judge on either side here for me. But I will say this:

- Al is one of the main reasons that to this day I will always return to Tatuaje products. Giving me opportunities to smoke a great set of cigars made by Tatuaje at a competitive price has made me purchase more and more of them.

- Selling cigars at a price below what you "want" to sell them for isn't always bad business practice....because of guys like Al, I love Tatuaje cigars and nothing can change that. It has also given me insight to the fact that buying Tatuajes at MSRP is well and justified by the product....unlike lines such as Graycliff.

So in short: I still love Tats and I think Al is a top notch vendor...it's a shame for both parties and their customers that this relationship has gone sour.

There's my piece, I'll be doing my best to stay out of this one the rest of the way, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.