• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hello from Tatuaje

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you Al, no reason to take the underhanded jabs any longer. Pete, just because you happen to make a great cigar doesn't mean your shit doesn't stink. Your attitude has been arrogant and laced with a sense of entitlement since day one when you joined for no other reason then to police the hot deals forum. Al is one of the best of the best, not only on this site but anywhere and he has earned the loyalty and respect of many, myself included.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump in and be the first to post on the new manufacturers forum. Thank you Rod for giving me the heads up.

What's new,

Well I am traveling alot and I have been running into a few of you here and there. So far so good and no one has punched me in the face.

Creating new things (Guapos Series for Cabaiguan and La Riqueza)that will hopefully please your palates. Releasing soon.

I stopped wearing the scarf for now but wanted to thank PutzMuligan for the gift.

I was recently called a liar by an online retailer, So,I got that going for me.
Anyway, If you have any questions put them out there and I will try and answer in a timely manner.....

Regards,
Pete

I stopped buying Tats when this story began. This is all the more reason to tell two friends.

My 2 cents on the matter. I feel that Pete and Al should hash this out between themselves. Pete makes on hell of a cigar, my favorite one to be exact, and Al is a hell of guy and I would gladly do business with anytime. I don't go inquiring about my neighbors extra marital affairs and I would hope they would do the same. To me this doesn't seem like good business for either party. With everything going on these days in society I find that CP is a nice little retreat for me. I stay out of flame wars and away from political posts. Its too bad that this one is headed that way! :(

My 2 cents on the matter. I feel that Pete and Al should hash this out between themselves.
I'd have agreed right up to the point where Pete encouraged folks to talk about Al behind his back via PM.

As long as the truth is spoken, IMHO this is worth discussing and of interest to the membership. We build our relationships on this board by shooting straight and telling the truth. I expect no less from the vendors and manufacturer's I choose to patronize.

Again, one man's opinion - B.B.S.

My 2 cents on the matter. I feel that Pete and Al should hash this out between themselves. Pete makes on hell of a cigar, my favorite one to be exact, and Al is a hell of guy and I would gladly do business with anytime. I don't go inquiring about my neighbors extra marital affairs and I would hope they would do the same. To me this doesn't seem like good business for either party. With everything going on these days in society I find that CP is a nice little retreat for me. I stay out of flame wars and away from political posts. Its too bad that this one is headed that way! :(

I'm very sorry it came to this as well. please understand I have called, e-mailed, sent Pm's and asked my rep on numerous occasions to make contact. He has refused. Please look at the date of the e-mail from Dan to Pete. It is from August of 2007. Pete has continued to take shots at me and I won't tolerate this any longer. How much time does one need to respond? Is 6 or 7 months not enough time for one to respond and try and work something out?

Sorry, but the "extra marital affair" started here on this forum, and involved a breach of this boards ethics. Some here have been privy to most of the story, many only got to see the cover. Now the story is out there.

Edit to add:

I will choose a friend and fellow cigar enthusiast over a vitola any day.

Al,

As much as I have been talking to people and my sales rep about contacting you and hashing things out lately. I am sorry that you had to post those things.

The retailer that called me a liar was not you and I was not referencing you. I still respect you as a retailer but me being heavy headed have not had the strength to give you a call. It was Tex Cigars, if you really must know. I never said that you called me a liar. This guy who is not a direct retailer put this on his website two weeks ago. The post had nothing to do with you.

The response was completely uncalled for.

Rod sent me an email about the new page and I thought I would throw a bit of humor in there. It had nothing to do with you. I just wanted to join in.
Denverdog, I think you are confusing me with another person.

Al, if you thought it was about you, I am sorry. I think you are still one of the good guys out there.
We all have heavy heads sometimes but I would never throw a jab like that.
I actually thought that shit was past us.

Pete

Al,

As much as I have been talking to people and my sales rep about contacting you and hashing things out lately. I am sorry that you had to post those things.

The retailer that called me a liar was not you and I was not referencing you. I still respect you as a retailer but me being heavy headed have not had the strength to give you a call. It was Tex Cigars, if you really must know. I never said that you called me a liar. This guy who is not a direct retailer put this on his website two weeks ago. The post had nothing to do with you.

The response was completely uncalled for.

Rod sent me an email about the new page and I thought I would throw a bit of humor in there. It had nothing to do with you. I just wanted to join in.
Denverdog, I think you are confusing me with another person.

Al, if you thought it was about you, I am sorry. I think you are still one of the good guys out there.
We all have heavy heads sometimes but I would never throw a jab like that.
I actually thought that shit was past us.

Pete

Pete, then why haven't you returned my phone calls, emails or messages and refused to sell product to me. I don't get it. That is why I held back for 7 months, I wanted to put it behind us as well. I've tried humor, levity, every form of contact I know of and you never responded.

Al

Pete, then why haven't you returned my phone calls, emails or messages and refused to sell product to me. I don't get it. That is why I held back for 7 months, I wanted to put it behind us as well. I've tried humor, levity, every form of contact I know of and you never responded.

Al

Al,

Dude I am heavy headed just like you. You are still so pissed at me that you thought my post was about you.
Like I said, it was not.
As far as the product goes, I will always back it and I am not sure when I did not. I am sure I still have a an email we exchanged about customers of yours that were pains in your ass. I would never post that info though.
I still do not get why you would post private information in hopes to hurt my business when I would never do the reverse. Most everyone that I pm'd or emailed back than in the heat of the moment, knows that I had plans to contact you and hash shit out.
I am just bummed out that this shit happened when I thought that it was all over.
Like I said, the post was not about you and I am sorry that you thought it was.
I have been traveling alot lately with little down time and really have been avoiding the confrontation. I am always willing to talk but I want to do it in person not over the phone or in this forum.

Pete

And since when is Al considered an online retailer. I have been to his store and did not know he had a website.
Some of you guys jumped to a conclusion and you did not have the whole story.

Pete, you and Al should talk, one on one, reseller to manufacturer, and settle this for the good of all.

I just checked and I have five boxes of Tatuaje smokes in my cabinet, and would consider myself an enthusiastic customer. Al is one of the good guys, and I can't believe that with some open and frank discussion you guys couldn't settle this to the satisfaction of all.

No one wants to see your business hurt, but Al is a great reseller and I for one don't want to see him disparaged in any way. I'm not picking sides here but you have to admit that travel or not, you guys haven't made the connection required to put this mess to bed once and for all.

It's a shame to see a guy I respect and a guy with a great product in such a bad state. My hope is that good can come of this and we all can get back to enjoying some great smokes from a retailer we all respect and patronize. We all win, if that could be the case.

My best to you both - B.B.S.

Al

Al,

Dude I am heavy headed just like you. You are still so pissed at me that you thought my post was about you.
Like I said, it was not.
As far as the product goes, I will always back it and I am not sure when I did not. I am sure I still have a an email we exchanged about customers of yours that were pains in your ass. I would never post that info though.
I still do not get why you would post private information in hopes to hurt my business when I would never do the reverse. Most everyone that I pm'd or emailed back than in the heat of the moment, knows that I had plans to contact you and hash shit out.
I am just bummed out that this shit happened when I thought that it was all over.
Like I said, the post was not about you and I am sorry that you thought it was.
I have been traveling alot lately with little down time and really have been avoiding the confrontation. I am always willing to talk but I want to do it in person not over the phone or in this forum.

Pete

Pete I am not trying to hurt your business. What do you mean you would never do the reverse, you have. You have called me a liar on numerous occasions and I have proof of that. You have taken this to other boards and their membership with the intention of hurting my reputation I have proof of e-mails both you and Dan sent to members of other boards, CigarLive, ClubStogie and others. I can present those as well. Dude it's been seven months and you haven't gotten back to me. The only thing I did here was post the truth, these are your words, not mine! I'm sorry if that doesn't suit you. Maybe you would like for me to delete my posts?

ok... Al... Pete... both of you, up here for a herf and chat on my boat. I'm not pulling into shore until everyone is all smiles and happy.

:laugh:

Seriously, nothing would be better than getting this settled. A great cigar, sold by a great retailer. What the hell else can we ask for around here?

ok... Al... Pete... both of you, up here for a herf and chat on my boat. I'm not pulling into shore until everyone is all smiles and happy.

:laugh:

Seriously, nothing would be better than getting this settled. A great cigar, sold by a great retailer. What the hell else can we ask for around here?

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.