• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me get started!

sean1327

A friend of mine brought back 2 boxes of Romeo and Julieta #2's and thats when I started to get interested in cigars. I dont know much but I have been doing quite a bit of reading. I was hoping if you could recommend some cigars that are similar to the no. 2 which I have tried. I like the mild taste and found it very easy to enjoy, however, the truth is I probably cant tell the difference between a good cigar and a bad. Im looking to purchase some cigars this week and wanted to get a wide variety so I can get a feel for what I like. If you were a broke college student and was going to buy 5 cigars which would you recommend? When do you think I will need to purchase a humidor?

I forgot to mention I will be in vegas this weekend and was told to check out

http://www.lvpaiutesmokeshop.com/

Try any Padron.

Can't really say on the cigar shop. The site does not list individual cigars, or pricing.

1. Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Natural
2. Oliva V Serie Robusto
3. Oliva Connecticut Reserve
4. Litto Gomez Diez Cubano
5. Flor De Ybor City #80

thinking back to when I first started, way back in 2005 :D
I'm suggesting the sticks I found myself buying over and over again to enjoy back then, and again with cigars what you like is what you like, you may find something great and someone else may think the exact same smoke is garbage. Enjoy your journey!!!

1)Hoyo de tradicion Epicure
2)Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschild Natural
3)Arturo Fuente Cheateau Fuente Sungrown
4)Padron 4000 Maduro
5)Tie between Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Bully, Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real Robusto and Romeo Y Julieta Habana Reserve Robusto.
Honorable mention to Macanudo Gold Label Duke of York

As you can see I started out smoking 99% robusto size. Don't shy away from larger cigars but for the money Robusto size is usually the most affordable. Though there are those larger cigars that can be around 5 bucks.

I forgot to mention I will be in vegas this weekend and was told to check out

http://www.lvpaiutesmokeshop.com/

If I had any input on the matter I'd tell you to go to Pheasant Cigars on Sahara and Rancho... Much more boutique, but it's the first place I stop by when I get low on sticks...

Any Padron would due, I would also suggest almost any medium priced ( 4-8$)Arturo Fuente. And maybe an onyx reserve. For a more pricey stick, try an ashton monarch. I find that pretty mild, but well worth the extra cash for it. hope I helped!

And dont forget to introduce your self to our fine members here in the '' introduce yourself here forum''.

So you can say you are well informed, check out Cigar Affecianado for the best 25 cigars of 2010. Many of these are under $6 and it gives you and opportunity to compare yourself to these esteemed gentlemen. Remember, your taste is what counts. All of us are different.

Best of luck and fun.

Woof

There will be no review, publication, or forum that can tell you your taste. Never get caught up in "the best" or "top (insert number)." Buckle up for a long, smokey, but fun journey. :thumbs:

I hate to sound like a Carlos Torano whore.. but my first was a Romeo Y Julieta #2 also and I have found certain of the Carlos Torano line pretty awesome. I have recently smoke the carlos torano Master, the Casa Torano, the reservas and the decadencias. And I am pretty stoked with them all. All mild to medium for the most part. Really nice cigars.