• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me Identify this box of Cohiba Esplendidos?

Here is some nice close up pictures of a Cohiba Sublime EL 2004 box.

DSCN05160001.jpg

DSCN05170001.jpg

DSCN05190001.jpg

DSCN05200001.jpg

Enjoy and pay attention to the outside of the clasps he posts and mine. :thumbs:

Peat... clearly you have some fakes.

Send them to me for proper disposal :thumbs:

Some how I figured you woudl say this and I smoked them all up in one setting. Woo...now do I feel so much better. :laugh:

fwiw,

Here is a composite shot of the fake Esplendodos given to me by a member of this board.

DimaComposite.jpg

Wilkey

For comparison here is a closeup of the portrait on an authentic box of '05 Siglo IVs. Sorry for the poor pic, my camera is getting tired. :laugh:

humi006.jpg

Hey i never noticed that. I'll go home and dig up my 2004-2005 boxes and compare.

The label from a 2000 box or so can not really be compared that well since the label size on the 05 box was way small then the on the one in in question.......The clarity of the newer label of 05 were not very good either ......Worn printing plates........I agree this label is fake.....

If you look at an authentic 2000 label you will see dark palm trees and workers ......the same as in the aledged fake

Bob

Yup...realized that after posting. From what I understand the seals were changed in 1999/2000. Then changed to the current labels sometime therafter.

For comparison here is a closeup of the portrait on an authentic box of '05 Siglo IVs. Sorry for the poor pic, my camera is getting tired. :laugh:

humi006.jpg

Hey i never noticed that. I'll go home and dig up my 2004-2005 boxes and compare.

The label from a 2000 box or so can not really be compared that well since the label size on the 05 box was way small then the on the one in in question.......The clarity of the newer label of 05 were not very good either ......Worn printing plates........I agree this label is fake.....

If you look at an authentic 2000 label you will see dark palm trees and workers ......the same as in the aledged fake

Bob

Yup...realized that after posting. From what I understand the seals were changed in 1999/2000. Then changed to the current labels sometime therafter.

If you look at an authentic 2000 label under a black light you will see that the water mark is a purplish color..........Im sure this label has no water mark let alone a purple one........This was not known right away by the counterfeiters when first released so it is unlikely that if this box is that old that it would have any water mark at all........
The second change of this label only changed the water mark to a bright whitish color resembling the coat of arms........The third change reduced the size of the label but kept the same water marking and color.........

Bob

fwiw,

Here is a composite shot of the fake Esplendodos given to me by a member of this board.

DimaComposite.jpg

Wilkey

Hi Wilkey.....Your box also shows a 3 finger joint construction.......Same as the box in question.......Also See how on your "L" in La Habana loops into the upper enclosed portion of the L ( still not right but close) but the C in Cuba does not, but it should......

Bob

humi006.jpg

Bob

If you look at an authentic 2000 label under a black light you will see that the water mark is a purplish color..........Im sure this label has no water mark let alone a purple one........This was not known right away by the counterfeiters when first released so it is unlikely that if this box is that old that it would have any water mark at all........
The second change of this label only changed the water mark to a bright whitish color resembling the coat of arms........The third change reduced the size of the label but kept the same water marking and color.........

Bob

Also, the numbers should change to a dark red/black under a black light...