• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hey First Sergeant!

high-n-tight

On May 1st, the Army gets to recognize a great NCO.....TASMAN gets another "rocker" and a "diamond" to boot. He'll be promoted to First Sergeant (1SG).

CONGRATS!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

E81SGT.jpg

For those of you asking....

In the United States Army, the rank of First Sergeant is above the rank of Sergeant First Class, below the rank of Sergeant Major, and shares the paygrade of E-8 with Master Sergeant; the rank is abbreviated as 1SG. First Sergeants are generally the senior non-commissioned officers of company (battery, troop) sized units, and are unofficially but commonly referred to as "Top", due to their seniority and their position at the top of the company's enlisted ranks. They are also sometimes referred to as "Second Hat," in recognition that even though a company includes several lieutenants, it is more often the First Sergeant that the Company Commander will turn to when entrusting important responsibilities.

For those who don't know, probably the most important rank in the military when it comes to training and taking care of soldiers is 1SG. Congratulations and good luck in your new responsibilities. Take care of them Top, love them!! :thumbs:

Congratulations, I'm sure it is a well deserved promotion. And a big thank you to you and everyone else on this board who serve our country.

Congrats Top....Thanks for keeping them safe..... :thumbs:

You'll be hard pressed to find a better 1SG in the Army, I guarantee it.

Congrats Dean!!!

Hoo-ahh... What an acomplishment! There are few enlisted positions in the military that garner that kind of respect and awe than that of 1SG. Words of wisdom from the salty side, be able to tell the Commander no, and the troops yes because more often than not, it is the other way around. :cool:
-E

Congrats Tas. I hear many great things about you on this board. I can only imagine you are just as giving to your job, country, and fellow soldiers. I Hope to meet you someday face to face.

Awww jeez he's turned into a Remington Raider, an admin puke, a Remf, in the rear with the gear. Beans, bullets and bandaids are the main priorities now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CONGRATS!

A job few can do and only the best are selected for. :thumbs:

Congratulations! It's good to be the go to guy. :thumbs:

Congratulations due, Top! And, to have it announced by a stand up officer is testiment in itself. Way to go, Tas!

You'll be hard pressed to find a better 1SG in the Army, I guarantee it.

Congrats Dean!!!

Absolutely no doubt of it! The respect and admiration that we've seen demonstrated by your officers tells the whole story. Congratulations Dean.

This is awesome. Congratulations on the promotion Tasman, thanks to you and your brothers and sisters for all you do.