• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heya from a newb

jgohlke

My other hobby
Clicked over from ASC. I've been lurking there for a little while and just recently posted a hello. Thought I would do the same here. Been smoking cigars for a couple of years, but have only recently starting learning and buying (the previous cigars have all been gifts). It's really been fun. I have learned a ton, but still don't know what I'm doing. At least now, I recognize some of the brand names.

Getting into a pass seems like fun and I have shopped locally (live near Orlando) so I could get some help picking out cigars of equal value. I'll watch for a newbie pass to start up.

I'm going to be laid up for a couple of weeks starting 9/21 (foot surgery) so will probably make a trip to the local shop this Saturday to stock up on a couple of choice ones. Can anybody recommend a "my foot hurts like hell and I'm stuck at home" cigar?

Saw the event at the Corona shop on the 25th (never been) but don't know how mobile I will be by then. If you are there and you see a guy with a cast on his foot, that's me! Please come over and say "Hi!".

Cheers,
Joe

Welcome to CP Joe
Be prepared to start buying a lot more cigars :D

Bill

Welcome aboard.

Oh boy, being laid for a couple of weeks... :0 , oh never mind, you said laid up. :sign:

Welcome aboard, brother! Check out the Newbie Sampler Thread and the guys will take care of ya. A great way to start your collection.

Gregor

Howdy and welcome to CP Joe. I'm in Sanford just off of I-4. I'll be at the Event at the Corona Cigar Company and if I see ya, I definitely kick your cast, I mean say "hi"...... :D :thumbs: :p

Welcome to CP! Hope your local store survived the storms.

Welcome aboard the crazy train!
Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy. :D

Dave ;)

gregor22 said:
Welcome aboard, brother! Check out the Newbie Sampler Thread and the guys will take care of ya. A great way to start your collection.

Gregor
He already did ;)

Joe already has my end in the mail to me :thumbs:

Welcome Joe :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. Good lead Gregor on the newbie swap. I cruised around the CP pages but missed that. It took a bit of reading to figure out how it worked, but it seems like a really neat idea. I stepped up to the plate and took a swing! Coventrycat86 and I are in the middle of a swap now. It looks like it's going to work out just like designed....he's getting a box of his current favorites from me and I'm going to get a nice selection of different cigars from him. What a deal! Appreciate the assist!

It turns out that Stogieman and I only live a few miles apart. We may try to get together for a ceegar (as he puts it) at some point. That would be fun.

In the meantime, I've read all the FAQs and set up my "tupper-dor". I've already outgrown the first one. Then I ordered a gallon of PG from the Chemistry Store. It comes in a plain, industrial gallon jug, white label, black letters...my wife thought I was setting up a meth lab! :D

I figured I'd give some of it away (see the post "Free Propylene Glycol" in the lobby if you are interested or email/PM me). A couple of folks have taken me up on the offer. I gotta scout for some mailing boxes today.

What else?.....I'm looking at my humidor now with a more educated eye....Hey, who put these "Thompson's" cigars in here? I bought a sampler...what can I say. Actually so far, I've smoked 4 of them....2 were ok, 1 was pretty good, 1 tasted like an old fence post.

I also bought a sampler for CI...one of them (Astral?) actually looks like a dog turd from a medium sized dog....it's a about 3 inches long, pinched on both ends and dark brown. Haven't smoked it yet....

Great hanging out with ya!

Cheers,
Joe