• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hi to all . Ive been in the cigar biz since the mid-1980's as rep, trade show displayer, and writer for (among others) SMOKE MAG. Love to share my st

Ron Ron what a dong!
He comes in swinging like he's hung like king kong
Alone comes Jeff
'That's not a dong!'
Here's my cell mate willy! 9" and strong!
'Bend over what could go wrong?!?!'
Ron Ron walking like he's been done wrong

I'm the new eminem y'all šŸ˜
Cell mates in Juvie....good for grade 6.
Try Iambic pentameter next time.

The only ā€œtitheā€ here is contribution. Youā€™ve done nothing but talk on your own thread about your own accomplishments. You havenā€™t interacted in any community threads. If you intend to stick around, I recommend that you read the stickies and get to know the culture of CP. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve heard ā€œRead more, post lessā€ somewhere here already.

Perhaps one day in the future, assuming youā€™re still here, you will look back on this conversation and understand what exactly Iā€™m talking about.
Box Score Cigar Pass Conversations
About Writing... 1
About Cameras... 2
About cigars... 3
About the rules of the cloister... 36
Ron

Let all agree to not post in this thread again
View attachment 54234
I guess that would have been a good idea, however, this guy is intentionally baiting and he refuses to contribute anything of value. I have a funny feeling this guy is someone who was banned previously and is now just trying to be the world's biggest asshat to get even.

So I guess the best thing to do would be for everybody to report him so that the ban Hammer can fall.
1. Baiting.
2. Refusing to follow rules.
3. Post whoring

I guess that would have been a good idea, however, this guy is intentionally baiting and he refuses to contribute anything of value. I have a funny feeling this guy is someone who was banned previously and is now just trying to be the world's biggest asshat to get even.

So I guess the best thing to do would be for everybody to report him so that the ban Hammer can fall.
1. Baiting.
2. Refusing to follow rules.
3. Post whoring
Ha ha ha .... come on jeff. You just described me.

@Docron

I usually donā€™t get involved in these debates butā€¦ā€¦

This board is full of people with tremendous amount of knowledge both through experience of smoking thousands of cigars throughout the years as well as from personal interactions with manufacturers , brand owners etc

I am sure you have a lot of knowledge you can share as well but what would be wise is to learn more about what the family this place is all about. Which member here has what personality: likes, dislikes, sense of humor etc and be humble while you are doing this. After all hopefully you would do the same when coming to someoneā€™s house for the first time or joining a new job opportunity. Would you come over for dinner and right away start telling how you are a Michelin star chef and your dishes are so much better than what is being served. Or would you tell your boss at work first week of employment that you bested his latest accomplishment 10 years ago on your worst day. This is how you are coming off to everyone here

Jumping on a VHERF is a perfect way ro put the faces to the names and learn more about people here

Once everyone gets properly ā€œacquaintedā€ there will be a much higher appreciation of what you or members here can share in terms of knowledge etc.

If you stick around and get the idea of When in Rome. ā€¦.. you just might enjoy it. And if not. ā€¦ā€¦. Oh well

I've been using a D7000 for about 10 yrs now, give or take. I bought it after we moved to Germany and realized that I needed a camera that was worth a crap to shoot all the travel we had started doing. I'll be honest and tell you that my favorite photo I've ever taken was with a Pentax point-and-shoot, but that thing just wasn't cutting it as my "tourist camera".
Yeah - I hear you. I "stepped up" from a D5300 to the D7100 when it was a bit frustrating the way the controls were set up on the 5300. I really like the D7100 but saw some photos a woman took with the new Apple iPhone 13 Pro and wondering why the hell did I spend all the money on the D7100! But I'm pretty doggone sure the images from my optical 400 and 500mm lenses will fry that digital zoom on the Apple... šŸ˜

There it is..

Hereā€™s my opinion: Sell your shit on eBay and come back if you decide you want to actually contribute to this amazing community. If youā€™re looking to impress people here, do it with your character, not your credentials.

The ORIGINAL "Doc" was impressive on the most innocuous level. He said little and when he did speak it was in a short sentence or two. And if he liked you it was often difficult to know unless you knew him. That's when you know you have meaning.

K... found out a long time ago that you really got to know what your shooting and take along just 1 or 2 lenses to do the job. I don't want to be schlepping 40 kilos of kit to shoot tree frogs :))
My first paid shot was on Canon A1 in 1970.
Next camera purchase was Minolta Vectis 40 APS film in 1998. WOW..what a trooper! Huge versatility...zoom, format sizing .. 4x6, 5x7, and really cool 3:1 pano.
Also drop in film cartridges that will remember where you left off on the roll.
Neat trivia... 400 film has the equivalent of a 76 mega pixel digital SLR. Important to me as my favorite print format is 12 x 36 inches.
My local terrain is the Drumheller Valley in Alberta that has been used as 'other worldly' locations for movies like Superman 1. Visit town website.
Only problem now is finding a lab that will process.
Enough for now...breakfast is calling...Ron
Geez... My first "good" camera was a Hanimex Practica 35mm and me and the boys used to hand process the film Was great until someone stole it... I had a Canon AE1 for quite a long time with all the goodies. Took very nice photos but could be a bit tricky. The new DSLR's are pretty slick - especially with the newer image stabilization technology. Amazing pictures...

@Docron

I usually donā€™t get involved in these debates butā€¦ā€¦

This board is full of people with tremendous amount of knowledge both through experience of smoking thousands of cigars throughout the years as well as from personal interactions with manufacturers , brand owners etc

I am sure you have a lot of knowledge you can share as well but what would be wise is to learn more about what the family this place is all about. Which member here has what personality: likes, dislikes, sense of humor etc and be humble while you are doing this. After all hopefully you would do the same when coming to someoneā€™s house for the first time or joining a new job opportunity. Would you come over for dinner and right away start telling how you are a Michelin star chef and your dishes are so much better than what is being served. Or would you tell your boss at work first week of employment that you bested his latest accomplishment 10 years ago on your worst day. This is how you are coming off to everyone here

Jumping on a VHERF is a perfect way ro put the faces to the names and learn more about people here

Once everyone gets properly ā€œacquaintedā€ there will be a much higher appreciation of what you or members here can share in terms of knowledge etc.

If you stick around and get the idea of When in Rome. ā€¦.. you just might enjoy it. And if not. ā€¦ā€¦. Oh well
Ron kinda reminds me of Big Poppa Puff. Do you get that same vibe?

Geez... My first "good" camera was a Hanimex Practica 35mm and me and the boys used to hand process the film Was great until someone stole it... I had a Canon AE1 for quite a long time with all the goodies. Took very nice photos but could be a bit tricky. The new DSLR's are pretty slick - especially with the newer image stabilization technology. Amazing pictures...
GG...did you have the 'auto shot' drive for the AE 1? A buddy back then had a Canon rig that he needed rolls of 240 frames that he could burst in whal seemed to be 10 seconds:) I guess new tech allow that on your phone... pity that happens. One learned in news photography...3 frames at the most to make the money.
Visit Drumheller site to see my 'territory for landscapes.

The ORIGINAL "Doc" was impressive on the most innocuous level. He said little and when he did speak it was in a short sentence or two. And if he liked you it was often difficult to know unless you knew him. That's when you know you have meaning.
Attendez PoohBaa Vachon...
My altruism shows in an annual bursary of $10,000 to second and third year journalism students from within 100 from my home.
It has no place in the cigar business.
You are a player of the WIIF game, as well we all are.
I asked you about your $50 - $100 passes.
Do you not see the business there?
If I am to trade a 1993 La Gloria Double corona Maduro for 3 Dominican Monte #4... give my head a Will Smith slap.
Bidd'nezz is bidd'nezz dude... call it what you will.
"Drawing on my command............" Robert Benchley..... not Twain
Ron

Yeah - I hear you. I "stepped up" from a D5300 to the D7100 when it was a bit frustrating the way the controls were set up on the 5300. I really like the D7100 but saw some photos a woman took with the new Apple iPhone 13 Pro and wondering why the hell did I spend all the money on the D7100! But I'm pretty doggone sure the images from my optical 400 and 500mm lenses will fry that digital zoom on the Apple... šŸ˜
Funny, I actually started with the D5000, myself, and then jumped to the D7000 about a year later after playing with a friend's D90. This was when we lived in Germany, so I did not have a phone with a camera at the time. I was rockin' a pre-paid Vodafon during those years. I bought my first iPhone (iPhone 5) when we moved to Hawaii, and I hate to admit that the Nikon has been in the closet pretty much since then. I jumped up to the iPhone 12 semi-recently, and the camera absolutely rivals the D5000 -- these things have come such a long way.

K
Attendez PoohBaa Vachon...
My altruism shows in an annual bursary of $10,000 to second and third year journalism students from within 100 from my home.
It has no place in the cigar business.
You are a player of the WIIF game, as well we all are.
I asked you about your $50 - $100 passes.
Do you not see the business there?
If I am to trade a 1993 La Gloria Double corona Maduro for 3 Dominican Monte #4... give my head a Will Smith slap.
Bidd'nezz is bidd'nezz dude... call it what you will.
"Drawing on my command............" Robert Benchley..... not Twain
Ron
huh? Am I the only one that doesnā€™t understand this at all?

Spends 10k year helping out students

Cigars are serious business. Wouldn't trade x for y unless they're priced equally.

All about those dollars.

Spends 10k year helping out students

Cigars are serious business. Wouldn't trade x for y unless they're priced equally.

All about those dollars.
I'm curious where you went to school to learn how to translate gibberish?;)

I'm just kidding! I know they don't teach that.:cool:

Ron, @Docron we have a thread called "New Members" which outlines a lot of do's and don'ts for newbies. It would be good if you would read every one of the posts in that thread, including the one I just posted.

Back