• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy Hell, guess I'm old.....

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Since when did Classic Rock stations begin playing stuff from my High School days?   

Guns N' Roses now qualify as classic rock?  

You're not old until classic rock stations STOP playing music from your youth.

Doc

Never heard of Guns N' Roses, they must be OLD SCHOOL!   :laugh:

Devil Doc said:

Doc

:sign:   Never thought of it that way!

GNR, Nirvana, and Metallica are all considered "classic rock" now.

Devil Doc said:

Doc
Crap! I don't hear Led Zepplin, CCR, and Steve Miller Band on the radio anymore.

Edited, because I double quoted.  See, it's already starting.....old age is setting in, LOL.

jfields said:

Doc
Crap! I don't hear Led Zepplin, CCR, and Steve Miller Band on the radio anymore.

Don't even pretend to be that old!

Our classic rock station starts playing something when it turns 20 years old. Metallica, g-n-r and Nirvan all qualify. Im old.

Well Doc, I guess we qualify for old cause they have stopped playing Miller, Dorsey, Stan Kent, Artie Shaw etc. Now all these young ones can go look up those folks to what we are talking about.

Pug, there's a difference between old and ancient. ;)

Doc

bfreebern said:
Since when did Classic Rock stations begin playing stuff from my High School days?   

Freebert, what was it like hunting mammoth? Was seeing the wheel invented exciting or did you think it was witchcraft? :p

Mrepp said:

Freebert, what was it like hunting mammoth? Was seeing the wheel invented exciting or did you think it was witchcraft? :p
And here I was going to ask just how exactly did he come up with fire? :p

I heard "Soul to Squeeze" by RHCP on a classic rock station the other day. And it was followed by Alice In Chains "Rooster."

Juanote said:
I heard "Soul to Squeeze" by RHCP on a classic rock station the other day. And it was followed by Alice In Chains "Rooster."

Exactly.  When did those become classic rock?

My 26yo daughter asked me if I ever hear of Led Zeppelin.  She thought she discovered them.

obmike said:
My 26yo daughter asked me if I ever hear of Led Zeppelin.  She thought she discovered them.
That is, actually, awesome.

I stopped listening to the radio about 8 years ago and listen to Sirius/XM. Classic rock, from my generation, is late 60s through 70s and that's all I have to listen to :)