• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy S@#&!

We felt it here in southeastern Ohio too. Nothing near what DC and Virginia got.

Our house is on pilings (we live near the water) and it was rockin' & rollin'...I was at my kitchen table facing the rear sliding glass door and it looked like the house was moving like when you're in a car!

It was swaying at least 4 to 6 inches in either direction!

We got some pretty good movement here in Cincinnati too. We are pretty darn far from Mineral, Virginia but we shook. My office is in a three story historic building and we had chairs rolling around the floor and stuff falling off shelves all over the place. Weird.

I'm glad I was in my office by myself, because I screamed like a little girl.....not really....maybe...

Shook the house for about 30 seconds, not too much worse then a fully loaded semi going by but lasting longer. I was on the 3rd floor of a 3 story wooden building in Iwakuni Japan for a 6.7. That was more interesting.

I'd love a little excitement like that here. All we have is 100+ degree weather and right now, the temp and humidity makes it feel like 96 out. :(

Damn John....had to go and say something didn't you. The wife and I were getting our "yearly" on and it got a little out of control there at the end. Sorry Bro! :blush:

I'd love a little excitement like that here. All we have is 100+ degree weather and right now, the temp and humidity makes it feel like 96 out. :(

Be careful what you wish for. Lots of wierdness going on lately. :)

I have the ham radios all charged up...

Be careful what you wish for. Lots of wierdness going on lately. :)

I have the ham radios all charged up...
No doubt. Hail the size of golf balls here and a tornado that actually touched down right on the back edge of my property.

Glad all you familiar names are okay, hope there's not too many injuries where you live.

I'm on the 23rd floor of a Center City high rise here in Philly and we sure felt it. They evacuated just about all the tall buildings around here. People here are...easily excited.
They're mostly from New Jersey in the offices just in case you were wondering what was wrong with them. :p

Will your windows be covered by insurance?

A windy day 59 stories up in Liberty One can be ...disconcerting. Part of it is being in such a high inertial setting. ;) An earthquake 23 stories up is a bit scarier than one at ground level.

It hit here as well, was in my office (2nd floor) and suddenly felt like someone really heavy was coming down the hall, stopped at my door, and was doing the twist. :laugh: Didn't last but maybe five to ten seconds though.

When the wind gets blowing we'll sway a little bit too. I think most of the taller buildings will. When we really start to sway the elevator shafts starts to squeal rather eerily.

Will your windows be covered by insurance?

Fortunately none of our windows actually gave way, apparently they're fairly flexible. We do have one in one of the conference rooms that cracked from edge to edge. Not sure if they'll bother replacing it though. I hear that the Blue Cross building lost some windows...so I guess its a good thing they evacuated everyone into the streets...directly under the falling glass? :whistling: