• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hope your weekend was better than mine

My vote is sending a peace offering to the neighbors. When two neighbors are unhappy with each other there is only one civil thing to do. I would take them over 2 dozen Ex-Lax Chocolate Chip cookies and let bygones be bygones.

:sign:

Fish

PM for recipe

Just thought I'd report back on the outcome.

I filed a claim against my comprehensive insurance and got the rear glass replaced. They did a good job but left some glass in the trunk and all over the driveway. :angry:

I showed my neighbors the receipt and indicated that they were on the hook for the $100 deductible and the husband walked over a check for $150. He had a look on him, unlike what his wife was sporting, that read "sorry for my kids f&#$-up and my wife's attitude." I got the mommy-bus back in action ASAP and that was the priority so I guess we're where we expected to end up.

Just another 18 months. Just 18 months and we're outta here. I just have to keep writing, smoking, and looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. Should this happen again sometime, somewhere in the future, if I have the time, energy, and inclination, I'll know what I need to do.

Wilkey

Glad to hear it worked out in the end. Still wished it didn't happen but at least the dad sounds like he was somewhat stand-up about it. Hopefully your move will mean better neighbors next time. You moving to Iowa by any chance? :laugh:

Just thought I'd report back on the outcome.

I filed a claim against my comprehensive insurance and got the rear glass replaced. They did a good job but left some glass in the trunk and all over the driveway. :angry:

I showed my neighbors the receipt and indicated that they were on the hook for the $100 deductible and the husband walked over a check for $150. He had a look on him, unlike what his wife was sporting, that read "sorry for my kids f&#$-up and my wife's attitude." I got the mommy-bus back in action ASAP and that was the priority so I guess we're where we expected to end up.

Just another 18 months. Just 18 months and we're outta here. I just have to keep writing, smoking, and looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. Should this happen again sometime, somewhere in the future, if I have the time, energy, and inclination, I'll know what I need to do.

Wilkey

Glad to hear it worked out, Wilkey. In 18 months when your PhD comes through, make sure you consider the UofA as a place to teach. Would love to have you in my town to share smokes on a regular basis...it'll also be an honor to have you as a professor to my kids one day.

Wilky.

I feel for you. I returned home New Years day to find some one had T-boned my MARK V111. Yes there was THREE people who watched the hole thing. One person even had manged to take down the plat number.

Cops came and took a report.

I contacted them and when I received the report NO PLATE number or anything. I was told just to report it to the insurance.

The police told me it was a hit a run, they were done.

$3,000 in damage, when I asked around about the plate with the neighbors, they no longer hand the number, it went into the trash.

Insurance if I report it goes up 50% for 7 years.

To think just 3 years ago the power was down for 3 days in the hole of lower Michigan, I took the time to cook for these people.

Used up all the food in my frig and freezer.

Wilky.

I feel for you. I returned home New Years day to find some one had T-boned my MARK V111. Yes there was THREE people who watched the hole thing. One person even had manged to take down the plat number.

Cops came and took a report.

I contacted them and when I received the report NO PLATE number or anything. I was told just to report it to the insurance.

The police told me it was a hit a run, they were done.

$3,000 in damage, when I asked around about the plate with the neighbors, they no longer hand the number, it went into the trash.

Insurance if I report it goes up 50% for 7 years.

To think just 3 years ago the power was down for 3 days in the hole of lower Michigan, I took the time to cook for these people.

Used up all the food in my frig and freezer.
It's a shame, Jay. And I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I sometimes wonder what happened to the connections between people.

Wilkey

Back