• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you keep track of it all?

Pyre said:
If there was a website where you could maintain your cigar spreadsheet online, would you use it?

I'm between web projects at the moment and have been considering doing something like this for my own use. But, if there was interest, I could open it up to the public.
[snapback]292254[/snapback]​

I think I would, especially if it was painfully user-friendly.

Pyre said:
If there was a website where you could maintain your cigar spreadsheet online, would you use it?

I'm between web projects at the moment and have been considering doing something like this for my own use. But, if there was interest, I could open it up to the public.

PM sent with a proposal.

Pyre said:

I would use it.

Pyre said:

I've said it before, Cellar Tracker for cigars would rock.

MonkeyK said:
Pyre said:

[snapback]292434[/snapback]​

I totally agree.
If only I had the know-how AND the elbow grease......

MonkeyK said:
Pyre said:

[snapback]292434[/snapback]​
Ditto... this was discussed here before, a few months ago. Someone said they'd work on a CellarTracker type setup. I haven't heard a thing since. Can't remember who it was now??

I use and Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my inventory. I don't keep track of "smoked" or "sent out"

I just smoke them. Don't know how long I've had them don't care. But I love to smoke them.

coventrycat86 said:
I use and Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my inventory. I don't keep track of "smoked" or "sent out"
[snapback]293138[/snapback]​

Don't you mean "an" CC? C'mon, you're better than that. Aren't you? ???

:laugh: :laugh:

Keep track of things? Why... it's more fun to go digging thru and find something really cool you forgot you had! :laugh:

I tried for awhile, but things changed too rapidly, and I was too lazy to keep it updated!

Now I just like to be suprised on occasion...

I did a trade with a guy on CF who had the last two digits of the year written on the cap of the cigar with a Sharpie. Pretty ingenious I thought.

I actually gave up trying to keep track of the sticks. i have so many coming in and out from smoking. i just cant do it anymore. So my top tray of my humi is what I call my collection. Bottom of it deemed mostly smokables.

Home made excel sheet in which I keep track of # of cigars bought, # remaining, cost per unit (i.e. fiver) then cost per sick (fiver cost/5).

Then for each cigar, if i smoke one, I can put some notes beside it, etc.

Works well.

i just throw everything ito my coolidor.

Than i just randomly pick out cigars I want to smke that day/evening.

half full monty said:
I did a trade with a guy on CF who had the last two digits of the year written on the cap of the cigar with a Sharpie. Pretty ingenious I thought.
[snapback]293336[/snapback]​

He actually wrote on the cigar? with no bad effect?

Look into Cigar Briefcase...nice free piece of software. I use it to keep track of my inventory in three coolerdors.

I have been working with a fellow stationed in Afghanistan who developed an Excel Spreadsheet we calls Stogie Tracker. It is a fairly elaborate spreadsheet already. I have been working with LT Rich the author, attempting to use the built-in data on-line feature to auto-populate some of the fields. It is still a work in progress but I'm optimistic. That is my plan for the software side of keeping track of things.

However, more importantly to me was the ability to quickly label the individual cigars. I actually searched a bit in an attempt to find a solution to the labeling of my smokes - just this past week I starting utilizing a ½" & 1" round labels that I print on a Brother QL-500 Label printer.
HW_91404.GIF

I bought it for about $50 after rebate, a while back and it is an OK label printer. It can print 25 of labels for a box of cigars in about 8 seconds.

I still have the last bit of the process to put together as the label printing program will do a merge with Excel for selected fields so I will not have to dual enter information.

Kind of decided I'll use the small one for the sticks and the larger labels for the boxes.

Here is a ½" label on a Tatuaje Noellas band, the print is small but I can still read it.

label_cig_001.jpg

Here is a ½" one on a Leon Jimenes Rothschilds:

label_cig_002.jpg
label_cig_003.jpg
label_cig_003.jpg

And here are the larger 1" labels that I will probably just use on boxes going forward:

label_cig_004.jpg

Just a quick FYI the QL-500 printer is currently on sale at buy.com for $45.00 with free shipping. Still using mine...no problems. :D

FWIW I have a small amount of time on my hands and was thinking about creating a site similar to cellarTracker for cigars, doesnt look terribly difficult.. Plus I need to brush up on my php.. As soon as I get a beta version Ill give it up to you guys for testing and feedback.. Unless someone has started the project already, let me know.