• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you know when you inhaled?

bkc888

Common wisdom says you know if you inhaled when you cough...at least for me because I am a newb. But I am amazed on how can I produce a LOT of smoke from one cigar without the smoke going into my lungs?

Can the oral cavities support that much smoke? Am I inhaling it without knowing? And the coughing reflex is from inhaling TOO fast?

Anyone care to enlighten me? ???

If you don't know if you're inhaling, either you have never inhaled, or you've smoked waaaay too much over your lifetime.... :laugh:

You usually get really mellow when you inhale, then you get these insatiable cravings for chips, popcorn, well anything really. Then you might get confused, for example wondering whether or not you've actually been inhaling might be a clue that you have in fact inhaled.

You get an erection that lasts longer than four hours in which case you should seek medical attention.

Wilkey

PS. If you smoke, either alone or at a herf, you'll be inhaling trailing smoke (from the lit end) as well as expelled drawn smoke (the smoke you suck into your mouth). But that's all diffuse and in the environment. If you accidentally inhale drawn smoke, you will cough, your eyes might tear, and you might feel nauseous unless you have been a long time cigarette or cigar inhaler.

Common wisdom says you know if you inhaled when you cough...at least for me because I am a newb. But I am amazed on how can I produce a LOT of smoke from one cigar without the smoke going into my lungs?

Can the oral cavities support that much smoke? Am I inhaling it without knowing? And the coughing reflex is from inhaling TOO fast?

Anyone care to enlighten me? ???

Lots of smoke is a characteristic of a good cigar (one of many). Yes, your mouth can hold the smoke. As said above, if you are inhaling without knowing it you are not only my hero but you have also smoked waaaay too much in your life, and your lungs have basically said "screw it, this guy's a lost cause".

The coughing reflex is your body telling you to knock it the hell off, LOL. If you refuse to listen your body then changes to the gagging and puking reflex. :laugh:

Common wisdom says you know if you inhaled when you cough...at least for me because I am a newb. But I am amazed on how can I produce a LOT of smoke from one cigar without the smoke going into my lungs? Is this a question - or comment?

Can the oral cavities support that much smoke? If it doesn't come out your ears..then YES.

Am I inhaling it without knowing? refer to atuck's answer

And the coughing reflex is from inhaling TOO fast? or swallowing - refer to matt r

Anyone care to enlighten me? ??? The Path to Enlightenment.

....turning green and falling off your chair is a good sign you've inhaled.... :laugh:

B.B.S.

You get an erection that lasts longer than four hours in which case you should seek medical attention.

That was a damn nice laugh Wilkey!

I can never mistake an accidental inhale by extreme cough that follows, eyes watering and of course...the four hour erection...I usually inhale before going up to bed! My wife gets mad, but oh well! :)

Come on Sam. I see you lurking. Post, dammit! If any thread could benefit from your avatar of Reon shaking her cupcakes, this is it.

Wilkey

Let's just put it this way, you'll know. I used to be a pack a day smoker and now just under half a pack a day, and I can feel if I am starting to inhale. Like someone said, a lot of smoke is a good characteristic, I love thick smoke pouring from my mouth, and not from inhaling.

I once saw a friend inhale to the nub an entire camacho SLR. He is an avid smoker, and apparently with cigars also. He didn't cough, hack, tear, or complain a bit. The sad part is that I didn't realize how impressive it was at the time.

Me, I can't even inhale limited amounts of second hand smoke without coughing and tearing, but I'm a newbie still and I've never smoked anything else.

You will 100% know when you are inhaling. I have too wondered how one can hold so much smoke inside one's mouth without inhaling, but I just settled on the fact that the smoke can be very dense in there, hence you can open your mouth sometimes and it just trails out very thick.

Wilkey

PS. If you smoke, either alone or at a herf, you'll be inhaling trailing smoke (from the lit end) as well as expelled drawn smoke (the smoke you suck into your mouth). But that's all diffuse and in the environment. If you accidentally inhale drawn smoke, you will cough, your eyes might tear, and you might feel nauseous unless you have been a long time cigarette or cigar inhaler.

If I got an erection that lasted four hours,.................... among other things, I would call all my buddies and boast and brag. :p