• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Far Do You Travel to Your Local Shop?

For being 11 miles south of Dallas, you would think it would be a no brainer. Not so. Tobacco Road is a 25 minutes drive, great place, two huge walk in humidors with a selection you would die for. You can smoke outside the humi, but their lounge is $300 initiation and $30 a month, way way too much to even consider.

The other decent place is 57 miles away, and that drive don't make sense, so the local front or rear of the house in my mostly frequented area. But as you mention, its nice to be with some folks, have a dram (love that acronym from AVB) of something I enjoy, but smoking alone kind of sucks. As Swissy can tell you, your dog is your best friend. My gal (Pug) of course stays with me, pees 47 times so her friends knows she is about and gives me however long I need depending on the size I chose to smoke.

I wish I knew some brothers in the area.

I have a shop 20 minutes away. I let my locker lapse after too much gouging

I go to a shop about 20 minutes away. Good prices, and the lounge is free. Love that place!

You wouldn't think of L.A. as being smoke friendly (and it's not :rolleyes: for the most part) but there are a crap load of cigar shops around. I could think of about a dozen. However most of them don't have lounges. A few close by my home do and at least a couple close by my work do as well. I can't complain.

I've got to drive 1.5 hours to Charleston WV for the closest shop. However, it is well worth the drive. Everyone is friendly, there is never any price gouging, great selection, and the lounge is pretty cool though I never seem to have time to just hang out. Otherwise, it is 2.5 hours to Columbus, OH.

a 2 min walk from my downtown office. Or a 5 min drive to the other good shop from the house.

Jim's (Keystone_Raider) shop is about ~15 minutes from the house. It's in the mall, so no smoking, but I stop in at least once every other week or so. As far as a lounge, there are a few in and around Pittsburgh but I've never been to them. There is also one in Latrobe I think, which is also ~15 minutes away, but again I haven't been there yet.

2 1/2 hours away. Two walk in humidors. Free coffee. No matter how much money I spend there, I always get the "sorry, no public restrooms" comment when I gotta pee! When you get to be my age, a place to pee is a very important consideration. Buy most of mine online and from Keystome Raider now. Pee at home whenever I want, though my wife would rather I refrained from peeing off the deck.

There is about 4 or 5 near me 35-45min but only 2 I really would go to both have lounge one has bar in it Havana lounge... other one Uhles pipe and cigars is where I go about 3 times a week they made deal with bar next door to use a little back door that goes from one to the other so you can get a drink and bring it back to the B&M also they dont care if you bring something in just clean up after yourself. I do smoke alot in my Garage in summer time but it is alot more fun hanging out at the smoke shop.. strangest group of people can get together and enjoy a cigar and different conversations.

The B&M that I frequent is only about a 10 min drive, and all back roads. The owner is really cool, lets me bring in whatever I want, however, when I bring in my own smoke I always buy one from him. He is also a full bar, wine, beer, and liquor. The restaurant across the courtyard has made a deal with him and will serve you in the lounge if you are hungry.

About a half hour drive or so to my local, but it's a wine/beer/liquor store with just a small walk in. No where in these parts to lounge and have a smoke that I know of. Cept my back porch. :D

From the Sugarhouse, about 100mi. From my house in the big city (pop. 35,000) there are two, Castro's and CT&T, that I could walk to. Two Guys is 45 to 60 min., depending on how many Massholes are on the road.:laugh: All three have lounges and this is a BYOB state, so I can drink what I bring with me.

Doc.

Hmmmmmm very interesting.

And some of you guys make me dam jealous! Donzz you take the cake!

I am lucky that I have traveled to a number of places for work and always try and find a local shop to visit. I have visited a few who are on CP. I knew that FL, MN and TX usually have a good number of shops.

Hey Doc, speaking for us Massholes we only drive that way to piss you off on purpose. I have not been to Two Guys in some time, but was a frequent visitor to their orginal MA shop when I lived closer to them.

I guess I need to either put having a local shop high on the list when looking for the next house or open my own shop. If I didnt live live in the land of liberals (and Massholes) and the economy was different I would consider opening a shop. I am right off a major highway and there is nothing for miles and miles around.

This State and the City of Boston are the worst. Within the past few years the city passed an ordinance close the few cigars bars in a few years because of health releated issues from smoking. I mean its a cigar bar for crying out loud. Did the city council think the people working there or going in there dont know what they are................

Most local shop is like 8 minutes away, not a huge selection. Largest selection is 30 minutes away. Favorite place is 30-45 minutes a day, during rush hour like an hour and a half lol.

Theres a spot about 45 mins from me in downtown Phoenix (Dons Cigars) Very nice selection plus he gives 20% military discount, so it's worth my drive.

About 10min from my house and it's on the way back and forth to class, so I stop in there 4-5 times a week.

Closet shop when I'm at home is about a 30 minute drive, but when I'm in Boston, Cigar Masters is right up the street, a short T ride away.

_craig_

I work in Manhattan, so there are quite a number of places to buy and enjoy a smoke. I pass by Barclay Rex everyday, but it is the small one across from Grand Central Terminal, so it does not have a lounge. Nat Sherman is just two blocks west though. I live in Westchester and have a shope about 12 minutes away by car. Prices there are on par with the prices in NYC, but the lounge is spacious and for members only. Honestly though, I never smoke there except when I come to play poker with the guys. Most nights I don't go out for a smoke until after the kids are asleep and I've finished working out, so it can be as late as 10pm to 11pm. Because of that I typically smoke on my front porch or backyard patio.