• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Far Do You Travel to Your Local Shop?

About a 40 minute drive to Schlesinger's (Hudson Valley Cigars). Got a B&M about 15 minutes away, but they have a fee for using the small smoking lounge and you can only smoke cigars that you purchase there.

About a 40 minute drive to Schlesinger's (Hudson Valley Cigars). Got a B&M about 15 minutes away, but they have a fee for using the small smoking lounge and you can only smoke cigars that you purchase there.
Lou, do you mean to say they charge you to smoke cigars you purchased from them, in their lounge...!!....?? That's hard to swallow.....

There are two places real close to my house where I could smoke, if I wanted to. I choose not to. One has mold so thick on the cigars, I'm afraid I'll turn into a sci-fi creature.

There is a real decent place about 20 miles from me with a good selection, and an informal atmosphere. You basically smoke in the retail area. Very friendly, and I always bring the manager a smoke. Then I smoke whatever I like, whether it is from home, or from his Humidor.

A few years ago, I had a bud with a coffee shop. We both enjoyed cigars, and often smoked at night, with absolutely no complaints. He also had a Smoothie set-up that we would always use to make incognito, yet powerful "cocktails". Those were the days!

I've got to drive 1.5 hours to Charleston WV for the closest shop. However, it is well worth the drive. Everyone is friendly, there is never any price gouging, great selection, and the lounge is pretty cool though I never seem to have time to just hang out. Otherwise, it is 2.5 hours to Columbus, OH.

There's nothing is Parkersburg?

All of my local shops are around 15-20 mins away, if the beltway is not backed up.

Casa Fuente is about 20 minutes away, but I only seem to make it there when CP brothers come to town. Pheasant is a few minutes closer although no cocktails, the lounge is comfy and Paul the owner is good people. There are middle Eastern shops everywhere in this town. The kind that sell bongs to swords with cartons of cigarettes and various sized humidors all with ridiculous priced crappy cigars. I think our favorite was the $5 CurlyHead. We don't go into these except to laugh.

I have a nice place about 15 minutes away, complete with wine bar and over 70 different beers on tap, and live music on weekends.

I have a nice place with in less then one mile from my home and a few others in maybe a five mile radius. Makes it nice.

Lou, do you mean to say they charge you to smoke cigars you purchased from them, in their lounge...!!....?? That's hard to swallow.....
Hard to believe, but a few places in New York that I know of charge a fee to enter their lounge....whether you buy their cigars or not.

I miss Schlesinger's! I have yet to find a cigar lounge within a reasonable distance of where I currently live. I thought I discovered one the other day, but alas....in typical Oregonian fashion, it was just a bong shop.
mad.gif

I have a B&M with a lounge about four blocks from my office. Never tried the lounge though, because there is a separate (but affiliated) bar/ lounge - old leather, fire places, pretty waitress, etc - that is located on the second floor. I have another B&M with a few comfy chairs about a 5-10 minute walk from my home.

I live about 10 miles from the place I've gone to for 20+ years and 1 mile from another by my new place. Plus, I travel for a my job so I visit about 10 or 12 more all around NJ.

Al, I have a buddy by you in Franklin and he says the same thing...nothing near you guys! He stocks up when he's in Boston.

About 10 miles, more or less. Leather chairs in the lounge, flat screen TV on the wall, communal beer in the fridge, and a regular crew on the weekends. Home away from home.

I've got to drive 1.5 hours to Charleston WV for the closest shop. However, it is well worth the drive. Everyone is friendly, there is never any price gouging, great selection, and the lounge is pretty cool though I never seem to have time to just hang out. Otherwise, it is 2.5 hours to Columbus, OH.

There's nothing is Parkersburg?

All of my local shops are around 15-20 mins away, if the beltway is not backed up.

Not a thing but a Smoker Friendly with a sadly packed wall humidor. Mostly overpriced Altadis offerings.

My closest, decent sized B&M(15min) keeps SAYING they will build a lounge. They do have frequent "events" where everyone smokes in the humidor. Lame as that is I might go if it's a favorite cigar/rep.

I know of three lounges in Philly 50 mins away with no traffic or accidents.

Holt's had a lounge last I was there. Never smoked in it.

Mahogany's on Walnut above Holt's - very nice lounge where I've shared smokes with friends a few times

The Twin Shoppe at 10th and Tasker in South Philly. My favorite cigar "lounge", meaning everyone hangs out on 10th talking to each other and anyone else who wanders along. If it's nasty out they have a vinyl couch and a few chairs in the back of the shop. Haven't been for a while, though.

I have a couple shops within 10 miles. One is brand new without much of a selection yet (nice folks though) and the other shop also does hookas and attracts that younger, Acid crowd. Thanks, but no thanks.

So, "my" shop is about 20 miles (45 minutes or so) in Destin. Great people with excellent knowledge and an incredible humidor. If I ran my own shop, theirs is the selection I would imitate. And they're having Litto Gomez in for an event on the 18th.... :D

Edit for spelling