• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How has COVID-19 impacted you?

I hope everyone sick this cold season gets better and enjoys Spring in this hemisphere. Or Autumn in the other, for that matter.

Howard Beale for President! :)

I believe this is the global reset. There have been many in the past but this is a technological reset instead of natural, like a comet impact. As far as we know, the first self-induced reset.

Although, one could consider the Renaissance a reset, albeit minor by comparison.

I believe this is the global reset. There have been many in the past but this is a technological reset instead of natural, like a comet impact. As far as we know, the first self-induced reset.

Although, one could consider the Renaissance a reset, albeit minor by comparison.
yup
that was part of the conversation.

The Renaissance was anything but minor compared to anything.

Doc

Compared to world tyranny everything is small potatoes.

Another movie scene that is, unfortunately, appropriate.

How do you guys think the world is going to change Post Covid-19?
My wife did a video visitation call with her Dr. and got her prescriptions changed. I’m thinking we will see more of that in the future instead of having to go in for a visit. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t do that sooner when it comes to certain non narcotic, or non habit forming drugs. Especially, if you can require someone to demonstrate their weight or to buy an automated blood pressure monitor and take it via video conference.

My wife did a video visitation call with her Dr. and got her prescriptions changed. I’m thinking we will see more of that in the future instead of having to go in for a visit. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t do that sooner when it comes to certain non narcotic, or non habit forming drugs. Especially, if you can require someone to demonstrate their weight or to buy an automated blood pressure monitor and take it via video conference.

Obviously the economy and job market will be dicey. I'm lucky in that I'm still employed but the longer this goes on....I dunno. The solace I take in that is that getting let go now doesn't carry the same stigma (I'm hoping) as getting let go at some other point in time.

Our society may forever be altered to a more isolated culture, even more than it has been previously. Good in a way, I suppose. I've read headlines that an unintended benefit to all this isolation is the environment "healing" a bit, air quality improving, etc.

Sad to think that a lot of restaurants/bars/shops/businesses will not survive this.

My GF and I have been living together for over a year and all this isolation together is taking its toll. Neither of us are happy right now.

Who knows? We may go back to being the same old asshats after this is all said and done. Just my venting a bit. I'm not even sure any of that makes any sense.

Who knows? We may go back to being the same old asshats after this is all said and done. Just my venting a bit. I'm not even sure any of that makes any sense.

This is my thinking -- it's just the way I've seen things happen over time. We may all be a little more cautious at first, but I give it a year or two and then it's back to business as usual. "Security" measures in the world changed after 9/11, but here we are closing in on 20 years later, and have the people really changed, at all? Hell, just look how selfish people already are being over all of this. It's very sad that so many businesses are going to go under through no fault of their own, but hopefully that current impact will bounce back over time and people won't be totally ruined over it all. Based on what I see on social media, there might be a short-term religious radical rise, but mankind will persist until we cease to exist.

There's a local brewery not that far away from me that recently had an ownership change. The new ownership shut the place down to revamp the menu and some minor remodeling. I don't really know why, as I thought the place was doing fine just as it was, and the food was probably better than the beer, so no need to fix what ain't broke. They were open for perhaps a couple weeks before all this virus stuff shut the city down. It's one of those places I'll be pretty surprised if they are still around in a month or two. Talk about bad timing...

The wife and I are hardly in the worst position due to COVID, but we recently took over managing a local coffee shop that was in dire shape. Started in December, had the place in the black for the first time in February since it was opened 5 years ago -- and now we're probably dead in the water. Thankfully I had the sense to hold on to my day job (which is now remote) and we're at least able to safely do contactless payments and curbside pickup -- and MN has done a decent job so far keeping things together.

Sadly, our consumers are about 20% local college students (who all went home), and we were run by 95% college students (who also all went home). But our patchwork skeleton crew is holding it together.

I'm lucky to not be all-in on this shop (we've had some benefactors covering us) and it feels a lot like landing an internship in home mortgage in 2008. Witnessing what will surely be catastrophic to the restaurant industry is likely something that'll stick with me forever.

On the plus side, all this time slowing down life at home with two little ones and two full time jobs has at least let me enjoy some of those fine sticks I've been saving.

Here's to hoping we all make it through to the other end of this thing mostly intact.

The wife and I are hardly in the worst position due to COVID, but we recently took over managing a local coffee shop that was in dire shape. Started in December, had the place in the black for the first time in February since it was opened 5 years ago -- and now we're probably dead in the water. Thankfully I had the sense to hold on to my day job (which is now remote) and we're at least able to safely do contactless payments and curbside pickup -- and MN has done a decent job so far keeping things together.

Sadly, our consumers are about 20% local college students (who all went home), and we were run by 95% college students (who also all went home). But our patchwork skeleton crew is holding it together.

I'm lucky to not be all-in on this shop (we've had some benefactors covering us) and it feels a lot like landing an internship in home mortgage in 2008. Witnessing what will surely be catastrophic to the restaurant industry is likely something that'll stick with me forever.

On the plus side, all this time slowing down life at home with two little ones and two full time jobs has at least let me enjoy some of those fine sticks I've been saving.

Here's to hoping we all make it through to the other end of this thing mostly intact.
Where's your shop? Maybe I'll drive by and get a coffee drink to go curbside. Shoot me a message!

I haven't had a cigar, since this entire thing started. I know they are saying that smokers should stop smoking, due to the complications it causes, if you get the virus. Anyone else worried about cigars, during this time?

I'm trying to keep it to 1 per week and really having to "earn" it with some serious yardwork, carpet cleaning, finishing an emergency covid related work project, just something that helps frame it as an experience to truly savor and appreciate. Kind of a "back to basics" cigar experience, and always outdoors. But the worry is a factor, I'm lucky to have a wife who has never given me grief before but acts as a trusty barometer right now in relation to risk management, be it my cigars or unnecessary trips back and forth to drop off stuff for my parents. I have connections to a couple of people who have it, one recovered fine, and one in a total nightmare situation in ICU. Just trying to be as smart as I can while still allow myself some minor enjoyments.

Is anyone planning to smoke something special for Easter? Now that our Holy Week activities are limited, I’m trying to find things to help celebrate Easter and cigars have been in my mind. I’m thinking maybe a Padron 80th, maybe a Byron. Any thoughts?