• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How not to wash your Palio cutter

Randyb1

This is what happens to a Palio cutter when you leave it in your pocket and it kinda makes it through both the washer and dryer on wash day . :(
I still haven't found all the parts, or any of the screws. On the other hand , I liked this cutter enough that I will be buying another one, oh well live and learn.
cutter.jpg

Wow!

Complete devastation. Sorry for your loss. My Davidoff has made it through the wash unscathed. No Screws on that unit though.

Wilkey

DA..DAMN

Glad I have a complex about losing mine since I carry it all the time.

It's funny you mentioned that. I thought I lost my Xikar yesterday. Just left it in my pocket.
:(

Randy, you may want to contact Palio and ask them if they can repair it. Chances are they'll send you a new one. Xikar did this for Puromooch. :laugh: While I'm not trying to condone a "mooch," companies like that are usually very happy to help their customers out in these situations. I'm sure there are hundreds of people that do this every year.

When I run my 44 magnum punch cutters through the laundry, they come out fine. :laugh:

I've run mine thru the dishwasher about half a dozen times since I had it, and yes it was deliberate. Cleans the tracks that get gummed up by cigars over time. Works like new after being clean.

Like Bill said, give them a call and see if they can do something for you. The worst that can happen is they say no.

That is one sad sight to behold. As suggested I would contact them and see what could be done. Worst thing that could happen is they say no and you already stated you would get another one.

Randy, you may want to contact Palio and ask them if they can repair it. Chances are they'll send you a new one. Xikar did this for Puromooch. :laugh: While I'm not trying to condone a "mooch," companies like that are usually very happy to help their customers out in these situations. I'm sure there are hundreds of people that do this every year.

When I run my 44 magnum punch cutters through the laundry, they come out fine. :laugh:

Yeah Xikar did this for me also when I did the same thing to my cutter. No questions asked. Also . . . I was recently told by the guy at my local shop that I can save postage next tiem and take it directly to him He will give me a new Xikar right off the shelf and then send the dull or broken one to Xikar. Maybe you can do the same with your cutter.

This is what happens to a Palio cutter when you leave it in your pocket and it kinda makes it through both the washer and dryer on wash day . :(
I still haven't found all the parts, or any of the screws. On the other hand , I liked this cutter enough that I will be buying another one, oh well live and learn.
cutter.jpg

While we have sympathy for your situation and might be able to help out if that was a Palio cigar cutter. The item pictured IS NOT a Palio. The Palio cigar cutter has no screws. Palio Cigar Cutter

cutter.jpg

Sorry bro about that cutter, that sucks but THAT IS NOT A PALIO BRO!

Check out the Palio here:
http://www.cigarmony.com/store/index.php?cPath=52_24

In the future, simply clean the blades of your cutter with some alcohol :thumbs:

Hope this helps
~Mark

While we have sympathy for your situation and might be able to help out if that was a Palio cigar cutter. The item pictured IS NOT a Palio. The Palio cigar cutter has no screws.

Oooopppsss...you beat me to it Marc :D

~Mark

Ouch sorry about oyur loss. I just got my Xikar back from them, the internal springs had broken and one of the handles came off. I mailed all the parts in and they sent me a new one. Can't beat that.

Good news Coventrycat, the cutter in question was not my Palio cutter, but was in fact my BROTHERINLAWS Scott's. I had found my Palio about 5 min. after I emailed the company I purchased it from , I had emailed them back but I was SO busy posting on CigarPass that I forgot to update this post, I'm glad that someone was awake enough to catch my mistake. :blush:

wow...

I had a nice Xikar (plastic one) that I dropped from less the 2 feet and it ended up looking like that in 12 pieces. Never was able to get it back to together. Never thought of calling them. thanks for the tip.

sorry for your loss.

thats why my most expensive cutter is like 5$ that i have now.

no need to call just send it back 84 cents postage and they had mine back the next week. Actually it wasn't mine it was a new one

Good news Coventrycat, the cutter in question was not my Palio cutter, but was in fact my BROTHERINLAWS Scott's. I had found my Palio about 5 min. after I emailed the company I purchased it from , I had emailed them back but I was SO busy posting on CigarPass that I forgot to update this post, I'm glad that someone was awake enough to catch my mistake. :blush:

DAMN, I missed this! :laugh:

You ruined Scotty's cutter! :laugh:

The good lord works in mysterious ways! :laugh:

... While we have sympathy for your situation and might be able to help out if that was a Palio cigar cutter. The item pictured IS NOT a Palio. The Palio cigar cutter has no screws. Palio Cigar Cutter

So let me get this straight...you mistook these pieces as remnants of a Palio, a cutter that has two large pieces of plastic molded around metal blades. And you took pictures of these pieces thinking they were from a Palio. That picture shows no plastic parts. Didn't it occur to you that the the plastic pieces were gone?

Didn't it seem strange that there were so many metal pieces? Not only does a Palio have no screws, but from looking at my Palio I can see only two metal parts, the two blades.

Now that you found your Palio, take a close look at it. And then look at the picture that you supplied. Pay special attention to the differences between the two.