• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to get rid of annoying smells inside the humidor

For what it's worth this guy is copying and pasting this same crap on several boards...He is a troll.

For what it's worth this guy is copying and pasting this same crap on several boards...He is a troll.

So, if you posted this on those boards, will that make you a troll?

:laugh:

-----------------

Thanks for the heads up!

:thumbs:

So, if you posted this on those boards, will that make you a troll?

:laugh:

-----------------

Thanks for the heads up!

:thumbs:

haha

I feel a ban hammer about to hit.

I don't know if he needs to be banned. I think he's just freaking out about some screwup that he did and is desperately trying to find someone that will tell him "Just push the easy button located underneath the Humidor and everything will go back to normal".

Gettin harsh on the Newbies :rolleyes:

Personally I can't believe someone would want to
1. waste a good glass of Scotch or Bourbon
2. use ammonia on their humi to prevent beetles (when has a cleaning solvent ever stopped infestation?)
3. Would risk their treasured sticks to a questionable humi.

Buy a new Humidor and use the old one to store your gear.

JMHO

R

Nothing but distilled water should ever be applied to the inside of a humidor, and many won't even put THAT directly onto the wood itself. You can try airing it out, sunning it out, sanding it out, but I'm guessing you'll be needing a new one.
Yep.

At work, we refer to times like these as a "SILO" moment; self induced learning opportunity......
whistling.gif

This is brilliant. It just got added to my everyday vocabulary! Thanks! :thumbs:

PJ

Gettin harsh on the Newbies :rolleyes:

Personally I can't believe someone would want to
1. waste a good glass of Scotch or Bourbon

2. use ammonia on their humi to prevent beetles (when has a cleaning solvent ever stopped infestation?)
3. Would risk their treasured sticks to a questionable humi.

Buy a new Humidor and use the old one to store your gear.

JMHO

R

nicely put my friend

Baking soda may work - worth a try. Make a solution and wipe it down and them rinse it after(IF) you get the smell out.

Good luck

OMG this is funny as hell but yet kinda frustrating I am not even the one using the chemicals inside thier Humi and I am the one who got lynch mobbed from what I read from a cigar website and simply posted to a question on these boards. And yes on occassion i do have an smaller empty bottle that does have the smell of Crown Royal still in it and I will take a small ringed everyday smoke and slip it into the bottle and let it gather the aroma's and after a few days I will smoke it and yeah it is rather tasty. So friggin excuse me for posting to this board about it and thanx a bunch for feeling like an ass and simply posting something and giving someone a possible solution from many of the ones that was given to the newb. Oh wait there wasnt many other solutions since almost all of the other solutions were the LYNCHING FROM MY POST TO ME thanx guys for it much appreciated
sign.gif

Rich

OMG this is funny as hell but yet kinda frustrating I am not even the one using the chemicals inside thier Humi and I am the one who got lynch mobbed from what I read from a cigar website and simply posted to a question on these boards. And yes on occassion i do have an smaller empty bottle that does have the smell of Crown Royal still in it and I will take a small ringed everyday smoke and slip it into the bottle and let it gather the aroma's and after a few days I will smoke it and yeah it is rather tasty. So friggin excuse me for posting to this board about it and thanx a bunch for feeling like an ass and simply posting something and giving someone a possible solution from many of the ones that was given to the newb. Oh wait there wasnt many other solutions since almost all of the other solutions were the LYNCHING FROM MY POST TO ME thanx guys for it much appreciated
sign.gif

Rich

Seriously?

Believe it or not, even I'm not that big of an asshole......:laugh:

Practice Tom, practice

Personally I can't believe someone would want to ...

Got that searching CP. Check THIS thread out. Here is the quote:

Just like you googled this site, I bet if you googled this you'd find some articles. I just did and came up with this:

Tobacco Beetles

Another Beetle article

A ton out there.

If you follow the second link you'll see where the idea came from.

sign.gif

Rich

You're welcome. :rolleyes:

sign.gif

Rich

Damn Dude, chill out a bit and grow some thicker skin! No one was "lynching" you in any of the posts just questioning the use of alcohol to rid the smell. Now, on the other hand, if you really want to see what a lynching is like, continue to post like this. :thumbs:

He's had a piss poor attitude since he got here. I think it's innate and there ain't nothing he can do for it.

Doc.

sign.gif

Rich

1) Please clean up your grammer and punktuations!
2) There are/were people trying to help...don't toss the baby out with the bathwater.

...but if you do toss out the kid...make sure you take a long walk and do it off a short pier!

sign.gif

Rich

1) Please clean up your grammer and punktuations!
2) There are/were people trying to help...don't toss the baby out with the bathwater.

...but if you do toss out the kid...make sure you take a long walk and do it off a short pier!

+1. If you're gonna give the FOG's a lashing (not a smart move), at least do so with proper grammar.

Rod did a nice job on the latest software upgrades to address these types of issues...

Control Panel >
>> Board Settings >
>>>>>>>>>> Noob Filter >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pull Down Menu >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Select : 30 Day Wonder
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 60 Day Wonder
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 90 Day Wonder
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Less than 1 Year Wonder

If you take the time to update your settings, the results look like this:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Noobs that insist on having an opinion can still feel like they are contributing, and the rest of us can maintain our sanity. ;)

Christ Kirk, you should have saved that for a more worthy asshat. This guys just a pimple that'll go away with a little squeeze.

Doc.

sign.gif

Rich
See, there are these things called paragraphs....

This guy is a prime example of why I am so selective about who I trade with, you never know who has an Ajax-a-dor or Ripple flavored opus.