• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to use stubs?

Mine all go straight to the garden.
I do keep the bands but haven't yet decided what to do with them.

Michel,

I worry about you buddy :laugh:

Hmm, how about varnishing them and then gluing them to a big cork board a la the wine cork boards? Heck, maybe you could arrange them in a circle and use it as a dart board.

Wilkey

nice pic, funny how you smoke the most expensive cubans and the cheapest ones, different mix... Which do you like better, the cohibas of the JLPs?

I think the garden thing would be good.

jabba said:
nice pic, funny how you smoke the most expensive cubans and the cheapest ones, different mix... Which do you like better, the cohibas of the JLPs?

I think the garden thing would be good.
[snapback]281004[/snapback]​

I see some H. Upmanns in there

Smithers said:
Mine all go straight to the garden.
I do keep the bands but haven't yet decided what to do with them.
[snapback]280983[/snapback]​

Ginseng said:
Michel,

I worry about you buddy  :laugh:

Hmm, how about varnishing them and then gluing them to a big cork board a la the wine cork boards? Heck, maybe you could arrange them in a circle and use it as a dart board.

Wilkey
[snapback]280990[/snapback]​

I glued my bands to the backboard, of the cabinet my dartboard is in. Then coated it with varnish.

cigar007.jpg

cigar021.jpg

cigar022.jpg

Dig a hole, drop the lot in, bury, and keep watered. Keep us posted if something starts to grow ;)

I would go with the garden solution. They look too nasty for smoking em again in a pipe :p

IgwanaRob said:
Dig a hole, drop the lot in, bury, and keep watered. Keep us posted if something starts to grow ;)
[snapback]281131[/snapback]​

ddepaola said:
Use them to make tobaccoccino.

Credit to Moki for the link.
[snapback]281166[/snapback]​

I vote for one of these two! :laugh:

Mrepp,

Don't forget to plant the ash side down or the stubb won't root correctly!

Good luck us know when it harvest time ...

ddepaola said:
Use them to make tobaccoccino.

Credit to Moki for the link.
[snapback]281166[/snapback]​

First time seeing that. Very disturbing Moki. Mr. Jerry call you yet? :whistling:

i usually just swallow em. :)

make sure you save the bands and re-wrap some dog rockets for the moochers.

Dudes,

What an unexpected avalanche of replies. :)

Ok, to answers some of the replies:

1) composting. Why didn't I think of that, duh? The obvious answer. Putting them raw may be too strong.

2) I'll give a miss on the tobaccocino :)

3) Cohiba vs JLP. Interesting one! The cohibas are, of course better cigars. However in this instance the Cohibas were a bit off. Needed a bit longer in the humi. Just in their bad period. The JLP are circa 1998 and taste absolutely delicious. Very different from a current vintage one. I have sent some to a BOTL on the board and am looking forward to some tasting notes. :)

4) Contents. Let see.. Cohibas Siglo IV, JLP Cremas, Partagas 8-9-8 (unvarnished), R$J No 1's and No 2's, some Montechristo, some Upmann Singulares and Petite Coronas, Fonsecas and may be a few odd single sticks. Those are the ones I have been smoking over the last couple of months.

Thanks all,

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the pic!

Um, how about put all the bands in a jar, then hold a contest on how many there are. :laugh:

Take an empty Short Story box, fill it up with them and change the name to "One Liners"

Here's an idea that merits your consideration...

Cut the head ends square as well. That way you'll have perfect little cylinders of tobacco. Get yourself a skinny metal shish-kebab skewer and line up maybe 5 or six of these stubs one after the other. In this way, you can reassemble a full length cigar from the butts.

Ginseng said:

Cut the head ends square as well. That way you'll have perfect little cylinders of tobacco. Get yourself a skinny metal shish-kebab skewer and line up maybe 5 or six of these stubs one after the other. In this way, you can reassemble a full length cigar from the butts.
[snapback]281414[/snapback]​

Don't forget the Duct tape.

ddepaola said:
Ginseng said:

Don't forget the Duct tape.
[snapback]281429[/snapback]​

Doh!

I used to be in tape manufacturing and I know what goes in duct tape. :p It just might skew the flavor profile a bit. :D

Ginseng said:

Now that's funny!

-Rob