• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How we met our significant others.

desertcgar

The thread about taking our significant others to a cigar lounge or a brick and mortar with us led me to wonder how we met our better half. I met mine on an African safari 9 years ago. Anyone else have any stories to share?

I met my wife at a friends birthday party in Charleston. It was a costume party, pirate themed. She was wearing a jolly roger wrapped around her, and I was hooked.
a689094b-ca37-ce7e.jpg

That's to keep MMM happy.

a689094b-ca5e-d325.jpg

And that's for a good laugh.

I love the thought of this thread and I am happy to share my story.

I was a city boy for the first 14 years of my life and due to some very sad times in my life my family was forced to move to NH.(that’s another story) I was the new kid in 8[sup]th[/sup] grade from Boston in this little town of Derry New Hampshire with no friends. I met a girl that was a friend of a friend and we became very close friends. She was dating a kid in school and who really has a serious relationship in 8[sup]th[/sup] grade right. Well we moved onto high school continuing to be close friends and Started dating off and on from sophomore year to senior year. We then started dating senior year seriously and have been together for 10 years now. We have been married for almost 4 years and I am happy to say I married my best friend and High School sweet heart.

Paul

Summer of Junior Year When I started to grow and she stopped...
45040_120233678029290_100001279753587_142388_8177976_n.jpg

This past April At Fenway For a Sox game. I have now stopped growing...LOL

545910_390087137710608_100001279753587_1168324_1507810918_n.jpg

Paul, she is a cutie. Too bad she is a Sox fan though. JK

I will post our story when I can get to a computer.

Paul, you really ARE tall! :sign: I met my wife in my first music class fresh. year of college. We didn't start dating until after we had both graduated college. Been married for 4 years this August.

Met my wife at a party, she was chugging beers like no woman usually does and I thought to myself " this girl is for me ". We have now been together for 26 great years, and she can still drink most people under the table.

I lived in an apartment 1 door down from her for 1 year and never saw her once, the night before I was moving out into a townhome I was sitting on my balcony TRASHED and she walked by and invited me to "break in" to our apt pool. 3 days later we were "steady", 3 months after that we were engaged, 9 days shy of 1 year since the day we met we were married, and that was 11 years ago.

chadandmolly.jpg

(Picture from when we met, that was 11 years and more lbs than I care to post)

To clarify my story we met on an overlander truck that started in Capetown and I travelled to Victoria Falls she stayed on the truck all the way to Nairobi Kenya. She was living in Poland at the time we kept in touch through emails. 4 months later I visited her in Poland she came over here 4 months after that. We got married 4 years later on the north shore of Oahu that was 5 yrs ago.

Right outside the chloroform store, next to my box van.

A friend I work with and his wife who worked with her, set us up to meet at a happy hour. It became a happy 25 years. She too is INDEED by best friend!

We met when we both worked at Sears. Sears had a promo at the time - 'Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back'. In the first few years of our relationship/marriage, I kept reminding her that I got her at Sears.

She didn't see the humor in it either.

My wife was the receptionist at the dorms I was living in at Arizona State. I'd go workout, get all pumped up, put on the tightest tank top I had then stroll buy the front desk. I was extremely shy and never talked to her. Then, one night, after I'd had a few drinks I was feeling a little less shy. I walked by the front desk and she was wearing a low-cut shirt and a fake diamond necklace that was precariously hanging in her cleavage. I sauntered up the desk completely devoid of inhibitions and said "Hey, can I fondle your diamond?" That was 28 years ago. We've been married for 27 years, four daughters, two granddaughters and one grandson.

It was in my late teens... you know, those "teenage wasteland" days. My buddy had a party at his apt. and she was there... We had seen each other out before but never spoke. We didn't speak much that the night either. After many hrs of boozing and a slight coma, I had woken early morning to her on the couch opposite mine (no, nothing happened that night -save the comments fellas) and she was slamming a huge piece of cold pizza! I think I caught her off guard because she hesitated for a second then looked away. lol

I quietly asked "Dude.... where did you get that ? It looks like the perfect breakfast." ( not the most poetic words - but it made her smile)
When I came back from grabbing my cold slice, we sat and talked for a bit. I think we knew then it was the start of something good.

For a couple years after, we hung out on occasions and were becoming good friends. Then one night, at another party of coarse, our paths crossed again. I was talking to my good friend at the time about how I needed to "get my own place". She had mentioned that her sister had just up and left her to move to Maine w/ her partner and she too was looking for a new place. Next thing you know, the three of us were getting an apt. in Albany. It didn't take long until her and I really developed into something serious. The rest is history and Whitney and I have been together ever since.

gallery_13416_1483_15709.jpg
gallery_13416_1483_6422.jpg

Bowling alley. She came up there with a friend to see one of my buddys and really had no desire to be there at all. Got her number and the rest is history as they say lol.