• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo Esp EL & H. Upp. Mag 50 EL

Spartagas

I was considering picking up a few of each of these, maybe doing a box split. Anyone have any opinions on either of these? Either one better than the other?

I keep eying the HdM Especiales, but have never pulled the trigger on them. That said, I have not tried either of these cigars. Interested to hear what others think.

vewyphishy said:
Mag50 is very good, IMO. However, not worth the $.
[snapback]247837[/snapback]​

Agreed... I go one in a pass and just had to try it... very enjoyable. But in looking at the prices, I can justify others more!

I was left very underwhelmed by the mag50 and haven't smoked the Hoyo Epi. Esp. yet

ree ree robusto said:
cvmfour,

Do you think with age the Mag 50 will be a great smoke?
[snapback]248077[/snapback]​

Hard to tell right now for me because I'm sure taste can vary by box. I have only smoked 1 and have a 4'er left. Hopefully the box stored away won't be wasted money.

Smoked a cple MAGs over the past cpl months. Great smoke.. but they are just starting to shine.. Im sure by next yr they will be worth the hype and price..

Thanks for your responses. Anyone tried the Especial EL? Anyone?

Bueller? :whistling:

Spartagas said:
Anyone tried the Especial EL?

These are DELICIOUS !!!! and the enjoyment starts when you open the box - beautiful and dark as an espresso coffee and an aroma that just takes over ! Tastes like a sweet and sour combination - stronger coffee and dark chocolate... a few of the 8 or so that I smoked were a slightly tight draw at first and I did have to resort to the cigar poker on one stick - but the rest took care of themselves and burned straihght and true..... IMO - a MUCH superior stick to the Mag 50s (and I am usually an Upmann fan over the HdM - but not in this case..)

DocRKS said:
Spartagas said:
Anyone tried the Especial EL?

These are DELICIOUS !!!! and the enjoyment starts when you open the box - beautiful and dark as an espresso coffee and an aroma that just takes over ! Tastes like a sweet and sour combination - stronger coffee and dark chocolate... a few of the 8 or so that I smoked were a slightly tight draw at first and I did have to resort to the cigar poker on one stick - but the rest took care of themselves and burned straihght and true..... IMO - a MUCH superior stick to the Mag 50s (and I am usually an Upmann fan over the HdM - but not in this case..)
[snapback]250552[/snapback]​

Nice Doc! im drooling at the descriptive review.... and now another stick for my wish list. :thumbs:

I really enjoyed the Mag50 I tried and I am glad I have four more, but I don't think I will be getting a box at those prices. It is better than most regular productions Habanos, but not that much better.

I wasn't all that impressed by the mag50's I've had. Could've been because they were young. While most EL's are nice I just don't find them to be worth the extra money.