• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidification Beads: FAQs

You can get hit by a bus crossing the street. The point being you are over analyzing this. Silica Gel beads are not rocket science.

I defiantly appreciate that I'm over analysing things. I am indeed on the paranoid side... I've got, to me what is alot of money inside my humidor, and before I go rushing into anything and then finding out 101 people call me an idiot I feel more comfortable on the opposite side of that scale.

I managed to get a friend, who's friend works in a lab to provide me with water. Even though its not "distilled" I'm happier with the quality, its less than 0.005 uS/ml purity. It goes through a mixed bed deioniser, then into a smaller unit where it is passed through a UV light and two more filters. This is according to him ultra pure water.

Thanks again for the speedy delivery and priceless support viper!!

I received my order today, of 1 lb of 65% beads, 3 empty 1oz tubes and 2 empty 2oz tubes. I'm glad that I poked around your site long enough to see that you offered the same tubes that you offer as filled...empty so that I could use the pound of beads I purchased to make my own tubes. :thumbs: The price of the empty tubes is comparable to what I'd probably pay for something to hold the beads anyway...or less. The five trays I've got coming are closed, so each will get it's own tube depending on the size of the tray. I'm getting excited now! :D

Thanks!

Walt

Heartfelt.jpg

I received my order today, of 1 lb of 65% beads, 3 empty 1oz tubes and 2 empty 2oz tubes. I'm glad that I poked around your site long enough to see that you offered the same tubes that you offer as filled...empty so that I could use the pound of beads I purchased to make my own tubes. :thumbs: The price of the empty tubes is comparable to what I'd probably pay for something to hold the beads anyway...or less. The five trays I've got coming are closed, so each will get it's own tube depending on the size of the tray. I'm getting excited now! :D

Thanks!

Walt

Heartfelt.jpg

That stuff looks real familiar.............

Fantastic job. I had never thought about them being too saturated so they couldn't regulate the intake of moisture. Great info. :thumbs:

Beautiful bump, if such exists. I somehow never stumbled across this guide in my searches. :blush:

ok so... maybe i'm hydrating them wrong... should i dump out the beads and spray hydrate them and put it back in the tube?

I realize I'm about 2 years too late for a response for this, but some of the new guys that are buying the tubes might benefit from an answer so I'll shed some light on what I've done. I've got two 4 oz. tubes which I sprayed with distilled water. It's very hard to tell the color of the beads in the tube so I just assumed I was good to go after spraying them a few times and wiping off the excess water on the tube. The humidity in the section that the beads were in was only at about 59% after a week or so (the beads are 65%) so at the suggestion of heartfeltindustries.com I threw in a glass of distilled water next to the beads. To my understanding the beads sucked up the extra humidity which got them more "wet" and brought the RH back up to a good 63-67%. So, if you are having issues with your tubes running low on humidity and are unsure on how to get them wet enough your best bet is to throw a glass of distilled water in next to them and they will soak up the right amount of humidity. It takes a bit longer but to my knowledge none of mine have not cracked and it is holding perfect RH! Thanks again for the beads Viper! :thumbs:

The glass of distilled water is placed in the humidor with the cigars in there too, correct?

Great info for all of us Newbies. I especially like the desert humidor info. Thanks!

Thanks!

Walt

Heartfelt.jpg

So with the tubes, do they stand upright in your humi or can they lay on their side? I am assuming the mesh looking inbetwene is where the DW is added meaning it stands on its side? but wouldn't the DW still drain out into your humi?

So with the tubes, do they stand upright in your humi or can they lay on their side? I am assuming the mesh looking inbetwene is where the DW is added meaning it stands on its side? but wouldn't the DW still drain out into your humi?

Lay it down, if it's draining there is too much water. Remember, not all of the beads should be clear.

Get a little sprayer bottle and lightly spray the beads. As others have said not all should be wet. The beads absorb and give of humidity. Over saturation of DW will negate that.

Thanks!

Walt

Heartfelt.jpg

You can stand the tubes up or lay them down, whatever works best in your humidor. Once the beads have absorbed the distilled water it will not run out of the beads in a liquid form. It will only come back out of them as humidity. When you re-hydrate the beads just make sure you only add enough to make roughly 80-90% of the beads clear with some beads still white or opaque and make sure you dry off the plastic tube itself.

All that reading makes my head hurt... I love the beads, probably have a total of 4lbs here and there.. All mine are in mesh bags, and just get spritzed with a bottle when necessary.. God bless the BEADS..

Thanks for the information you gave, it answered most of my questions. I have one question, after spraying my beads with distilled water, how long should I wait before I place the tupperware inside the cool'dor?

Thanks for the information you gave, it answered most of my questions. I have one question, after spraying my beads with distilled water, how long should I wait before I place the tupperware inside the cool'dor?

As long as its dry all around you will be fine.. Dry off any mist, drips etc...

Is anyone else spraying their beads every week? Mine will not stay charged for very long and I am using extra beads.

Joe

Is anyone else spraying their beads every week? Mine will not stay charged for very long and I am using extra beads.

Joe

Bad seal? What do you have for a humi?

I have a Ravallo 300 ct. It has a very good seal and the temperature never get below 62 degrees in the room that I keep it in. When I was using Boveda packs last year, I never had a problem with a RH swing and they are very low maintenance.

Have had mine in the humidor for a month now without recharging. I am running a Vinotemp 21bottle and a pound and 3/4 of beads.

Joe

I have a Ravallo 300 ct. It has a very good seal and the temperature never get below 62 degrees in the room that I keep it in. When I was using Boveda packs last year, I never had a problem with a RH swing and they are very low maintenance.

Is this your first winter with this humi Joe? If so, it could require a "spring" reseasoning.

Joe

Is this your first winter with this humi Joe? If so, it could require a "spring" reseasoning.

Yes it was DeVonn. I have had a shot glass with distilled water in the humi for the last month. No luck....