• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor - I have just finished.

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
I finished the humidor I had started some time ago.

The outside is Curly Maple & Paduk, lacquered & hand-rubbed.

gallery_6600_723_36497.jpg

The door has 3 - 1/4" steps in its edge that interlock into 4 - 1/4" steps in the case to provide quite a tight seal, eliminating the need for rubber or foam seals.

gallery_6600_723_4050.jpg

gallery_6600_723_59107.jpg

So that's the outside for the public to see. The top is just like the sides. (I have just realized I neglected to photograph it.)

gallery_6600_723_15396.jpg

Here's the cooling setup without its cover. The fans above the cooling fins and the two top fans on either side of the thermostat are tied into the cooling circuit and only run when the Peltier cooling unit is energized.

gallery_6600_723_8595.jpg

The two smaller fans at the top center are tied into the humidification unit and only run when it is running.
The tray under the cooling fins that catches the condensate from the fins is filled with 65% beads. The fans pull air over the beads and over the fins.

gallery_6600_723_34669.jpg

I will probably add a shelf in the lower section to help organize boxes.

gallery_6600_723_41693.jpg

10 Spanish Cedar drawers at the top for loose sticks. There is 1 1/2" of open space behind them to allow air circulation and the bottoms of the drawers are ventilated as well.

gallery_6600_723_77934.jpg

Here's the back of the unit showing the wiring that you don't see inside the unit.

gallery_6600_723_146764.jpg

Here's the inside with a few boxes.

gallery_6600_723_46804.jpg

Here's part of the top couple of drawers.

So what do you think?

I am willing and interested in discussing any custom humidors you might like fashioned for your collection.

That is truly beautiful. I want one! :laugh: :love: :thumbs:

Thats killer! Was thinking of a wine chillador, but now you got me thinking!

Good god! That is just beautiful. I truly envy the fellow that that piece is going to.

Wilkey

That is possibly the best looking humidor I have seen. I am definitely in awe of skills.

Wow Dave, just wow! I am absolutely impressed with your work. I'm sure these pictures don't even do it justice. Imagine it packed full of cigars...ahhh the smell!! :love:

great stuff dave....i love your work

I am willing and interested in discussing any custom humidors you might like fashioned for your collection.
Absolutely stunning. Just beautiful.

Perhaps, as a rough gauge of your pricing, you could post what you would sell this particular cabinet for?

Congratulations! That is a beautiful piece of furniture Dave, enjoy.

Absolutely stunning. Just beautiful.

Perhaps, as a rough gauge of your pricing, you could post what you would sell this particular cabinet for?
Thank you for your kind words. I like producing furniture that is functional and beautiful.

I really am not sure what this particular unit would sell for. Perhaps $2000-$2500 would be in the ballpark. This one was very experimental with much fiddling. I learned a great deal from building this one and those learnings will be implemented in the next one. (I hope there will be a next one.)

The exterior of this is not veneer but 1/4" thick solid hardwood. This is very labor intensive to produce seamlessly. Veneering would help cut costs considerably and still allow nearly as rich an appearance. In addition, this one incorporates 10 separate drawers. Using huge drawers on mechanical slides would also cut expenses.

Although temperature and humidity seem to be stabilized and the unit is running well, I have not loaded it yet but plan to this week. We will see how it works then and I will post photos and an update.

Awesome work, Dave!

One day, I'll build myself a larger humi, and I hope to do half as good a job.

Dave, nothing else to really say except you are one hell of a woodworker. That is one beautiful piece right there! I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of that!!!

Don

I really am not sure what this particular unit would sell for. Perhaps $2000-$2500 would be in the ballpark. This one was very experimental with much fiddling. I learned a great deal from building this one and those learnings will be implemented in the next one. (I hope there will be a next one.)

Experimental = Beta tester, fill it with sticks and I will be there to pick it up next week. If all goes well I let you know and you can visit ever other weekend :D

Awesome work Dave, I am still jealous.

Brandon