• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I assume these are all fake

If the #2 box is fake (I did post that) should I even bother with the cigars?
They are now in my "to give to guests" humidor. Oh well.

I would smoke one, first. Who knows, it may be fake, but it could still be a good stick.

I'm going to have to check on this. I remember a year or two ago, a member did some testing for me with longwave and shortwave and he reported that the shortwave did not make the coat of arms fluoresce. But 395nm is right at the edge of the UV spectrum. It's entirely possible that he had the two lamps reversed. 395 might be too long.

Wilkey

I'm going to have to check on this. I remember a year or two ago, a member did some testing for me with longwave and shortwave and he reported that the shortwave did not make the coat of arms fluoresce. But 395nm is right at the edge of the UV spectrum. It's entirely possible that he had the two lamps reversed. 395 might be too long.

Wilkey

I think I found it HERE Wilkey. I should have searched for this first lol.

Gotta love google. black light site:cigarpass.com ftw!

The branded box code was enough, but the DB prefix on the serial number is way out of line with a 07 box code. That was my tell.

Yup,

I double confirmed it with Emil again. 395 nm is TOO LONG not too short wavelength. So the pet pee bulbs must be hitting somewhere in the 350nm range or thereabouts.

Thanks for helping me clear this up, sinny. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Yup,

I double confirmed it with Emil again. 395 nm is TOO LONG not too short wavelength. So the pet pee bulbs must be hitting somewhere in the 350nm range or thereabouts.

Thanks for helping me clear this up, sinny. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Not at all. I've been meaning to look into this for quite a while.

The little flashlight I have now is almost useless so I just ordered a beefy 380nm flashlight and a broader spectrum handheld with a flourescent style bulb like the one at century cigar. I'll let you know which one works better or if one doesn't work at all.

- Tim

Honestly, the one I had tasted really good and was ultra smooth. I thought it to be real for that reason as it was unlike many other smokes I had to date. Keep in mind I am a cigar amateur, so at the end of the day I got duped.

Counterfiet and Nasty are not always synonomous. If you are happy with the flavor, smoke them. You might want to take extra beetle cautions though.

Every time I have seen the "Comintur" stamp on the bottom of a box it has turned out to be fake. I have several fake boxes that carry that stamp. Check out the Gallery under 'Fake Cubans' I have posted a few pic's there with a couple showing that same exact stamp on the bottom. Sorry, I'd post the pic here myself but I'm just a newb and haven't figured that one out yet. :blush:

Honestly, the one I had tasted really good and was ultra smooth. I thought it to be real for that reason as it was unlike many other smokes I had to date. Keep in mind I am a cigar amateur, so at the end of the day I got duped.

I'll take them if you're just going to give them away anyway :D

Back