• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I envy anyone who can smoke in their house

woodbm

Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke
One thing I hate about this time of year is the weather. All day long I sat at my desk day dreaming about that glass of port and a good smoke when I get home. Quitting time comes, I head to the car with a smile on my face. I don't even mind traffic during the commute because I know when I get home I have a cigar pleading for its life. Then it happens... I get about two miles from the house and the sky turns dark and the wind picks up. Right as I am about to pull into the drive rain starts to fall. It continues to rain all night and I'm stuck sitting in my recliner, watching tv, and staring at my humidor :angry: . I swear I think I could see my cigars smiling, laughing at me knowing they have all survived another day.

Only thing worse than that is when it rains off and on making you think the rain has stopped and you can go out and smoke only to have the rain start again.

What you should do is set up a small room in the basement for yourself. Put a small air purifier down there and that will make everyone happy. We have an extra bedroom in our apartment and thats what I did. Found a nice cheap couch on craigslist and a small table and just set up a little smoking room. The wife says she can't smell the smoke in the house so it all works out.

Ill smoke in my office at times, I open the window, turn on the fan and im set to go. You cant tell im smoking anywhere else in the house and the smoke smell usually leaves in 2-3 days, but then again I only smoke in there about once a month. Im lucky enough to have a big deck that is partially covered. If you were close I would say come on over.

Best investment I made was getting a commercial ozone generator. This thing works so good, that I let a B&M give it a shot to see what it would do to clear the air in the bigger of their 4 shops...and they ordered one just like it. Not only does it take care of cigar odors in the home...but you can ozone your car and make it smell fresh as new, and it'll destroy any other odors that come down the pike later on as well.

I have the same issue as you. Well I have the exact opposite issue as you do. LOL :sign:

I sit home all day looking at the work VAN, and tools wondering when the economy will turn around and I can get back to work.

Smoking 2/3 cigars a day in my recliner out on the porch, at Starbucks.

I have the same issue as you. Well I have the exact opposite issue as you do. LOL :sign:

I sit home all day looking at the work VAN, and tools wondering when the economy will turn around and I can get back to work.

Smoking 2/3 cigars a day in my recliner out on the porch, at Starbucks trolling for chicks.

Fixed it for you Jay.

I've got a little metal shed out back that I'll smoke in the rain in. Unless there is lightening, then I hold an unlit cigar up and see if I can light it. I suppose it is fortunate it hasn't worked yet.

After smoking in my apartment for 5 years, let me tell you. There is nothing to be envious about. I was lucky that the apartment owners wanted the walls painted white. Lets just say I repainted it over the years. They went from white to a yellowish tan color. As much as I would love to smoke inside, I don't think I could do it again. Other than when visiting friends and what not.

We've got a partially covered deck outside that's the smoking area in all weather. Beautiful view of the valley but out of view of the neighbors.

I have somewhat the same problem as enerjay but I can see a little day light around the corner.
I'm starting a nice size job next week that I hope leads to new referrals. :thumbs:

- KiltLad

One thing I hate about this time of year is the weather. All day long I sat at my desk day dreaming about that glass of port and a good smoke when I get home. Quitting time comes, I head to the car with a smile on my face. I don't even mind traffic during the commute because I know when I get home I have a cigar pleading for its life. Then it happens... I get about two miles from the house and the sky turns dark and the wind picks up. Right as I am about to pull into the drive rain starts to fall. It continues to rain all night and I'm stuck sitting in my recliner, watching tv, and staring at my humidor :angry: . I swear I think I could see my cigars smiling, laughing at me knowing they have all survived another day.

Only thing worse than that is when it rains off and on making you think the rain has stopped and you can go out and smoke only to have the rain start again.

Do you have a garage? If so, you can park your car on the driveway, leave the garage door open, and smoke in there.

Another option for you is to get a lawn umbrella... plant that thing in the ground, and set up a chair underneath. That might work for you, if you're really hankering for your cigar and port (nice choice of a combo, BTW!)

I smoke in my building's stairwell sometimes. You should see some of the people's faces as they climb the stairs! We have an elevator, should've used it. :laugh:

I smoke on the porch when the weather is nice. If it's too hot or too cold, I'll smoke inside.

Smoking 2/3 cigars a day in my recliner out on the porch, at Starbucks trolling for chicks.

Fixed it for you Jay.

OBSERVING PATRONS :whistling: :whistling:

A man's home is HIS castle, for guys my age anyway.

Doc.

I smoke in my building's stairwell sometimes. You should see some of the people's faces as they climb the stairs! We have an elevator, should've used it. :laugh:

They probably think you're smoking blunts! :sign:

I don't smoke in my house constantly, but if my roommate or I come in with a cigar, we generally finish it in the living room.

I don't think staining the walls will be an issue for me... I hope...

x2 on the garage question, otherwise do you have a B&M on the way home or nearby?

Closest B&M is an hour away. Which is probably a good thing or else I'd be broke all the time. The house we are having built will have a garage and will definitely use the advice given. Unfortunately the house we are currently renting does not have a garage.

A man's home is HIS castle, for guys my age anyway.

Doc.

Even mine Doc, as long as the Wifey says I can :sign: . Seriously, I get to smoke in the house pretty much anywhere but I do try to keep it to the sun porch, and the office. It does help that she smokes cigars also (when she is not pregnant that is).

Yes I am a lucky man. :love:

Ventilated man cave. Its the way to go. Got my inspiration from Depasta.