• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have sad news.

Always interesting to explain to people that aren't on a message forum like this that people on here are really your friends, even though you may never meet 99.9% of the people on the forum in person. I get alot of laughs and snide comments when I explain try to explain that these people, most of whom you simply know by a handle, are part of your environment.

This thread is a perfect example of the closeness of a community like this. I never met Infinity, don't think I ever did a trade with him, and never sent or received a bomb from him. Yet I completely respected him because he was an important person in this 'world' of CigarPass.

I don't get on CP as much as I would like, but I am glad that I did today, although it is quite sad to read this. I think that it shows how good of a person Infinity was in that over 200 posts have been put into this thread, a far higher number than people at alot of funerals I have attended...

I too am mournfully unsettled by this news. Having witnessed Brian's generosity throughout this forum, personal pay it forward and fundraising that I know he was instrumental in acheiving. I know that our world has lost a great voice.

May the West Wind blow in calm reflection over his family.

Being away from the board for a few days I can say that I am blown away by this news. My prayers go out to the family. RIP Brian.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him or even messaging with him and that saddens me, but having read his post I know his wisdom and guidance will be missed. RIP Infinity.

Wow. Away for a week or so and come back to see this. I'm shocked and saddened.

RIP brother.

Oh no, no, no ..... I don't know what to say ...... I've been either stuck in the SS thread or offline. Rest in peace brother, you will be missed very, very much.

I'll smoke a Millenium in his honor on Wednesday ..... :(

David

I would like to thank everyone here for their wonderful posts.

I am still in awe at the amount of posts that have filled this thread. We have received so much support and so many condolences since my Dad passed away. Everyone's words are a true testament to a great man!

I would just like to let everyone know that tomorrow at 6pm, our family will be gathering at my Dad's house and although none of us smoke cigars, we will all be lighting whatever cigar jumps out at us when we raid his collection. We will of course make sure to update his inventory as he would :))

This will be our main "service" for my Dad as he never wanted a funeral or anything like that. He is being cremated tomorrow at around 5:30am PST and we will be scattering his ashes in the pacific ocean tomorrow afternoon. We will then all gather at 6pm to honor him and say a few words. We have let everyone know that that is the time to smoke a cigar or light a candle and to simply think of my Dad.

We will pop into the chat room after 6:30pm too.

Thank you to everyone for your support and thank you to CP for organizing the perfect memorial for my Dad!

I haven't had a cigar in over two months, for one reason or another, so it saddens me to think that the reason for my next cigar is going to be in remembrance of a great man, who happened on Cigar Pass several years ago and graced us with his knowledge and personality. But, having met Infinity at the CP herf earlier this year, I think all of us remembering him in this way would be what he wanted. So, I will burn a fine one tomorrow night and will think upon all of our immortality and the importance we all have in this world, be it the "real"world or the Cigar Pass world. Thoughts for the family and their loss, but know that Infinity was one of the good guys and was respected by all of us. Godspeed Brian!

I would like to thank everyone here for their wonderful posts.

I am still in awe at the amount of posts that have filled this thread. We have received so much support and so many condolences since my Dad passed away. Everyone's words are a true testament to a great man!

I would just like to let everyone know that tomorrow at 6pm, our family will be gathering at my Dad's house and although none of us smoke cigars, we will all be lighting whatever cigar jumps out at us when we raid his collection. We will of course make sure to update his inventory as he would :))

This will be our main "service" for my Dad as he never wanted a funeral or anything like that. He is being cremated tomorrow at around 5:30am PST and we will be scattering his ashes in the pacific ocean tomorrow afternoon. We will then all gather at 6pm to honor him and say a few words. We have let everyone know that that is the time to smoke a cigar or light a candle and to simply think of my Dad.

We will pop into the chat room after 6:30pm too.

Thank you to everyone for your support and thank you to CP for organizing the perfect memorial for my Dad!

Thanks for sharing this information with us Ryan. I'm sure that will be quite a moment when you all pick out a smoke and light it up. Know that all these brothers and sisters who posted here will be doing it with you.

I'll see you all in chat tomorrow night to celebrate a great man, and a great brother. I've been on the receiving end of some of Brian's generosity, and his loss hit me harder than I have words to express.

Rest in peace, my friend.....B.B.S.

OMG!

Infinity, I know you are among the angels now looking down and have a large smile. God Speed!
Tomorrow, one of my best will be smoked in your honor.

Rest In Peace my friend.

Lopaka

.....we will all be lighting whatever cigar jumps out at us when we raid his collection.

What I would give to just wander through that collection!!

*woof*

Ryan, it won't be difficult to pick out a good one.

:cool:

I want to express my deepest gratitude to every member of this forum. The overwhelming support from all of you is incredible.

My name is Adam and I am Brian's youngest son.

I have read all of your posts over the past few days and I thank you all for such great support. The admiration and respect that each of you have for my dad is amazing. My father was an amazing man and always got what he strived for. He will be remembered always as a wonderful, loving, generous person, his acts were always selfless and we would always come first.

He always held a place in his heart for his CP buddies, he would always amuse me with stories of all the going ons in here and of all the passes that went on, he was so involved and he enjoyed it so much. Many a day we would sit out on the balcony while he smoked an expensive cigar and talk about the forum.

I am blessed to not only have known such a wonderful man but to have the honor of being his son. Dad I will remember you always and you will never be forgotten, you are my hero and whom I strive to be.

Thank you CP for such great support we are so thankful and let us all come together tomorrow evening to celebrate his amazing life!

-Adam

This is such sad news. This is the second passing of a very soulful BOTL and I am a little shaken by it.

GOD bless this man and watch over his family.

Wow! What a loss.

Brian gave generously last year to my son's cub scout popcorn sale donating a very generous amount designated for "popcorn for Troops" and also helping my son be top sales for the year and also slaughtering the all time pack record for total sales.

Someone from across the country giving to a cubscout he doesn't even know outside the fact his dad was a BOTL. What a BOTL. This thread is a statement to his impact on all of us.

Rest in Peace Brother!

Like so many others I am truly stunned and saddened. I did not know Brian personally. From talking to others that did know him and reading his posts I have thought of him as one of the most generous and all around solid members of this community.

R.I.P. Brother.

I'm stunned.......

Man.....

He was a great guy....

My sincere condolences to his Family.

He was a great member of our Family. He got it. He deffinately understood BOtL. I'm going to miss him.

He is a share holder in the LEAF FUND. I don't have the share sheet in front of me, but I know he was one of the first to sign up.

Damn!

unreal......

God Bless you Brother.

I want to express my deepest gratitude to every member of this forum. The overwhelming support from all of you is incredible.

My name is Adam and I am Brian's youngest son.

I have read all of your posts over the past few days and I thank you all for such great support. The admiration and respect that each of you have for my dad is amazing. My father was an amazing man and always got what he strived for. He will be remembered always as a wonderful, loving, generous person, his acts were always selfless and we would always come first.

He always held a place in his heart for his CP buddies, he would always amuse me with stories of all the going ons in here and of all the passes that went on, he was so involved and he enjoyed it so much. Many a day we would sit out on the balcony while he smoked an expensive cigar and talk about the forum.

I am blessed to not only have known such a wonderful man but to have the honor of being his son. Dad I will remember you always and you will never be forgotten, you are my hero and whom I strive to be.

Thank you CP for such great support we are so thankful and let us all come together tomorrow evening to celebrate his amazing life!

-Adam

Hey Adam!
Great to see you making a post here, and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Hearing from his family has helped all of us to deal with the sense of loss that we feel.
I hope to meet you, Ryan, and Zane soon. :thumbs:

This thread is a perfect example of the closeness of a community like this. I never met Infinity, don't think I ever did a trade with him, and never sent or received a bomb from him. Yet I completely respected him because he was an important person in this 'world' of CigarPass.

This sentiment is common to very many of us. Inifinity's comments were always the top of the top and showed that he was a man of great integrity. I agree with ALostTexan's comment 100%.